Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312102 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:25:11 »

So the 'majority' of incoming directors have apparently been approved by the FA, so come on who is the dodgy one?

Probably trying to figure out which spelling of Jed's name us the right one!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1441 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:26:01 »

Think some perspective needs to be added. I for one wouldnt be happy if the FL just ticked a box with yep, they've  a tenner in the bank, and approved, it like they were doing. Seems good to me they are being dilligent and making sure everything is in order. everyone would be well peeved if we had another Best, or a Notts co munto on our hands in a fortnights time.
I think you are spot on, my only concern really is that it now means Paolos targets may not be signing for us on loan.

I would rather have the right people owning the club that a Ken Bates or Munto type owner thats for fucking sure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1442 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:26:09 »

Think some perspective needs to be added. I for one wouldnt be happy if the FL just ticked a box with yep, they've  a tenner in the bank, and approved, it like they were doing. Seems good to me they are being dilligent and making sure everything is in order. everyone would be well peeved if we had another Best, or a Notts co munto on our hands in a fortnights time.

But how long does it take to sort these things out?! It's been over a week!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1443 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:27:17 »

It really is just impatience from the fans more than anything and I think that's fair enough. It's nice that the Football League are adhering to Sonic's request to delay proceedings as he's in some cabin over the weekend (sounds awfully Evil Deadesque, I wish him well).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1444 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:28:20 »

Depends on how complicated a history of directorship etc they have had, and judging by some there is a long list of companies and all will probably be investigated fully before agreed upon.

lets say there are 5 people in the consortium and they all have as many fingers in as many pies as Jed then there could be up to a hundred different lines of investigation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:28:27 »

Oh well, I guess it all sounds promising. It's a shame we'll miss out on some of PDC's transfer targets because of the delay (I'd imagine).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:28:44 »

Think some perspective needs to be added. I for one wouldnt be happy if the FL just ticked a box with yep, they've  a tenner in the bank, and approved, it like they were doing. Seems good to me they are being dilligent and making sure everything is in order. everyone would be well peeved if we had another Best, or a Notts co munto on our hands in a fortnights time.

Agreed, but I think the criticism is one of lack of consistency of rules not being applied equally...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:28:56 »

I'm in Banbury now incase anyone is interested.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:29:15 »

Who know's? It used to be 24 hours and look where that got everyone. I would expect with all the ownership issues those days are past, and they are finally doing what they should have been doing.  Christmas day does come eventually you know..
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:29:43 »

It really is just impatience from the fans more than anything and I think that's fair enough. It's nice that the Football League are adhering to Sonic's request to delay proceedings as he's in some cabin over the weekend (sounds awfully Evil Deadesque, I wish him well).

Cabin in the woods.  Good film.  Dont fancy Sonics chances of being the one to survive in a horror film scenario.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:30:30 »

Cabin in the woods.  Good film.  Dont fancy Sonics chances of being the one to survive in a horror film scenario.

Dead snow. I bet he cops it on the crapper.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1451 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:33:46 »

I'm in Banbury now incase anyone is interested.

Very. What's the weather like there?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1452 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:39:44 »

Agreed, but I think the criticism is one of lack of consistency of rules not being applied equally...
Which of course would be quite ridiculous as they are different rules being applied. Sutton's right, a little perspective and patience will go a long way.

Not sure I have much faith though that FPPT is worth anything much more than it was when Chainrai passed it or Andronikou's CSI lot who's whole empire was based around a fraudulent bank.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1453 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:44:15 »

Can we make 'The Little Upstarts' our new nickname?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 13:45:18 »

We'll walk out to it. Sorted.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: