Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311872 times)
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:31:59 »

I think at the very very least £10 million should buy Black the benefit of the doubt until we find out what has actually gone on, if we ever do.

To knock his handling of this situation when none of us know the full details seems extremely harsh when we all know for a fact that he has done an awful lot right by the club.

Admittedly the current situation for us as fans sucks, but who here hasn't at some point in their life had to make a very difficult decision that might look selfish or poorly thought out to anyone not in full possession of the facts?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:36:58 »

I love football fans (and I include myself in this) we moan like buggery if season tickets go up a bit or if beer and burgers go up by a quid.. Then chastise our owner because he won't spend another £250k of his own cash propping the club up!  Cheesy
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:37:44 »

I just hope this takeover gets ratified by the league.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:52:05 »

Some people are right drama queens.

How on earth has Black sold a club in crisis?  He is wiping off the debt, we've sold a player to ensure we can cover the wage bill.  If the new owners don't fancy running at the same loss they can cut the wage bill in the summer.  We are near the top of the table having one of our best seasons in the last 20 years.

That is not a club in crisis.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:52:36 »

I love football fans (and I include myself in this) we moan like buggery if season tickets go up a bit or if beer and burgers go up by a quid.. Then chastise our owner because he won't spend another £250k of his own cash propping the club up!  Cheesy
Spot on. I want a cheap season ticket and to watch a good team that's challenging every season. I also want someone else to foot the bill. Oh, from time to time I'll say that having a club that's self sustaining is the way to go, although deep down I know that probably means league 1 at best and would rather look at self sustainability once we're in the Championship, with a redeveloped ground. Who foots the bill for that is the difficulty.

It's All Good..............
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:03:05 »

I think the new consortium taking over will be footballers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:05:59 »

Huh?Huh? why Huh?Huh??
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1192 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:14:57 »

Rufus Brevett?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:20:32 »

Huh?Huh? why Huh?Huh??
It's just a feeling I've got Batch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:23:15 »

[url width=300 height=100]http://emergencyservicestimes.com/latest_news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/The-Consortium-logo-300x100.jpg[/url]
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:45:15 »

Andrew Black wanted out last summer, but a proposed sale fell through, so I imagine that he said, right you have 6 months to find a new owner or I'm off. One of the reasons that Wray was sidelined and Patey brought in was that he wasn't doing THAT job to AB's satisfaction.

I'm with the others that say he (Black) deserves some slack, because without his money we wouldn't have PDC, we wouldn't have a chance of championship football, we would probably be playing Salisbury or Supermarine.

The two biggest concerns for me are,
The fact that we are still losing £1m a year, the debt to the holding company went up by £4m in 4 years (£400K on agents fees won't have helped).
Have the new consortium got the funds to keep us going, let alone to kick on and progress.

Flashheart

« Reply #1196 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:50:00 »

Have the new consortium got the funds to keep us going, let alone to kick on and progress.

Maybe, maybe not.

We just have to be patient and wait to find out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:03:18 »

Some people are right drama queens.

How on earth has Black sold a club in crisis?  He is wiping off the debt, we've sold a player to ensure we can cover the wage bill.  If the new owners don't fancy running at the same loss they can cut the wage bill in the summer.  We are near the top of the table having one of our best seasons in the last 20 years.

That is not a club in crisis.

Hmmm

It's my gut feeling, that this week has been the lull before the storm....we're in for some real shit.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:15:26 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
fatbasher

« Reply #1198 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:07:38 »

Andrew Black wanted out last summer, but a proposed sale fell through, so I imagine that he said, right you have 6 months to find a new owner or I'm off. One of the reasons that Wray was sidelined and Patey brought in was that he wasn't doing THAT job to AB's satisfaction.

I'm with the others that say he (Black) deserves some slack, because without his money we wouldn't have PDC, we wouldn't have a chance of championship football, we would probably be playing Salisbury or Supermarine.

The two biggest concerns for me are,
The fact that we are still losing £1m a year, the debt to the holding company went up by £4m in 4 years (£400K on agents fees won't have helped).

Andrew Black should have a bronze bust at SN1 next to Flemming!

Moving on, you have to think like a businessman, sorry, person, for all our PC friends in the Lib & Lab parties.

If, no not if, your due dilligence is rigourous enough (you'd expect it to be with our chequered history) you'll see what the club has been wracking up debt wise for the, say, last 10 years? Then look at the income over the same period. Won't take a Carol Vorderman long to work out there is a massive gap to plug each season. Sooooooooooo how you gonna do it?

In retrospect we have pretty much as it would appear had the slate wiped clean. What about the natives, that's you and me? How long are we going to hang around spending our money if we don't see any improvement on the pitch and around the stadium. In a nutshell these "investor/consotium" bods better have deep pockets and big balls, because if I don't feel comfy with the outcome of this take over, PDC won't be the only fecker not appearing on a Saturday afternoon at SN1 next season which is a hard thing to say and swallow after supporting the town since circa '73.

Think about this, I reckon we pull £100-120k per home game on a 9k crowd taking into account ST sales and concessions etc for only 9 months of the year excluding cup runs and kiosk sales and sponsorship etc. The wage bill is reportedly in excess of £250k per month...every month. Sobering stats eh. 
kerry red

« Reply #1199 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:36:05 »

Don't think your income per matchday is any near. 9000 @ £20-odd per ticket is 180000 then add on prog sales and food and drink and were knocking on £200k per game. Times that by 2 for the month and that still leaves 150,000 per month to cover any other expenses other than wages.

Other income from sponsorship/tv etc and it seem it should be more than enuf to cover costs
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: