Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311868 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:52:05 »

I eagerly await why he chose to sell Ritchie, I have heard a couple of rumours that fairly and squarely put him in the driving seat for the sale but lets wait and see what his reasons are before we blame him totally.

Patey will need paying off. Ritchie for Patey sounds like a bargain to me  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:52:26 »

I eagerly await why he chose to sell Ritchie, I have heard a couple of rumours that fairly and squarely put him in the driving seat for the sale but lets wait and see what his reasons are before we blame him totally.

After all he has put a hell of a lot of money into the club to save us and keep us afloat, there is no need for abuse anyway, I am just concerned of the effect that all this has had on Paolo more than anything.

Think we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Which makes me remember my 8 year old prayed during half time that Paolo doesn't leave. We aren't religious as a family so it was a bit of a long shot Smiley

edit: Oh, and its ->forum->general forum->new topic, then subject "The Politics Thread" HTH! Wink
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:54:55 by Batch » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1157 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:59:44 »

Patey will need paying off. Ritchie for Patey sounds like a bargain to me  Smiley
It could be something like that, Patey paid off for finding a new owners, we will see.

And @Batch...i think we were all praying yesterday for Paolo to stay! and it is the sabbath anyway today so hes allowed (albeit a day early!) Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:00:32 »

Steve claridge is a Bell-end
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:00:57 »

My fears are that this consortium ain't got a pot to piss in. There was never multiple bidders. That was only leaked to drive a better deal. Jed McCrorys comments to Banbury united were less that encouraging. Black has written off a shed load of debt leaving us with a strong squad and minimal debt but also a large wage bill that has to be serviced.

My hopes are that the money men have remained quiet so as not to inflate the price. McCrory see this as his shot at he big time and not an opportunity to make a quick buck. He seems very keen on his football and I'm hoping that he will see opportunities where many others have failed. I hope he can, as painless as can be, make us into a self sustaining football ball club that is successful on the pitch. I hope he can attract people to the games with more offers like kid for a quid etc. the potential is there!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1160 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:22:40 »

It could be something like that, Patey paid off for finding a new owners, we will see.

And @Batch...i think we were all praying yesterday for Paolo to stay! and it is the sabbath anyway today so hes allowed (albeit a day early!) Smiley

Patey is taking a salary too I expect
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:25:24 »

I'm not sure why so many are defending Andrew Black, yes he has spent his own personal wealth keeping Swindon afloat - but a so called business man should not have sanctioned a wage bill that is over budget if he didn't have the long term commitment to cover the red numbers. And subsequently we have been sold to a 'consortium' headed by jedward, who hasn't even had the decency to communicate any information to the fans what so ever.
I won't trust any owners of our club again unless they have a STFC tattoo slapped on their forehead, the previous consortium who everybody sung their praises (Fitton, Wray, Black etc) have seriously let everybody involved in STFC down, Massively; & I will never forgive, it was yet more false promises from just another consortium.

The redevelopment of the county ground has to be the priority if this club is ever to be self sustainable at a higher level, without question.

I'll see what the new consortium have to say, but I won't hold my breath.. Orange hat at the ready
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:26:41 »

Just seen AB's tweets, he's probably signed one of the exclusive-style contracts that keep him quiet until the sale has gone through...hopefully things will be sorted this week and explanations will come out, here's hoping anyway!

#VivaKenBarlow!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1163 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:34:34 »

I think someone who has written off £9m deserves defending to the hilt here. He clearly signposted he wanted out months ago. Patey was brought in to do one job by the owner and he's done it. So Black now has an exit strategy. It looksl ike he was left holding the baby. Personally, i think he should have waited until the Summer whem he wouldn't have been selling a club in crisis and possibly a Championship club. But if he's ill and stressed then its probably more about getting out than money and he's probably not that arsed about who to.
As for the new lot, its got off to a shambolic start. I think given our history all Town fans have the right to think the worst. This is where we need reassurances that they can't or don;t want to give until FL ratification. Are they hiding behind a NDA or don't they give a fuck.
At this moment I'm expecting the worst and anything else is a bonus.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:37:01 »

the reason for the silence is the NDA, nothing more sinister than that - bloody frustrating thought it is.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:38:35 »

I agree with the above totally.

Also how long does it take for ratification from the football league. Everyone seems to think it will be done but others have mentioned other clubs 6 weeks.
wigglesworth

« Reply #1166 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:42:38 »

I'm not sure why so many are defending Andrew Black, yes he has spent his own personal wealth keeping Swindon afloat - but a so called business man should not have sanctioned a wage bill that is over budget if he didn't have the long term commitment to cover the red numbers. And subsequently we have been sold to a 'consortium' headed by jedward, who hasn't even had the decency to communicate any information to the fans what so ever.
I won't trust any owners of our club again unless they have a STFC tattoo slapped on their forehead, the previous consortium who everybody sung their praises (Fitton, Wray, Black etc) have seriously let everybody involved in STFC down, Massively; & I will never forgive, it was yet more false promises from just another consortium.

The redevelopment of the county ground has to be the priority if this club is ever to be self sustainable at a higher level, without question.

I'll see what the new consortium have to say, but I won't hold my breath.. Orange hat at the ready

Seriously? How have they let the club down? Huh?

They've bankrolled the Paolo era from their own pocket(s)!

It comes back to the point that no one cares about overspending when they're the beneficiaries of it, but when the plug is pulled everyone suddenly questions the previous few years?

You say a so called business man shouldn't sanction a wage bill over budget. I totally agree. But do we really understand what an 'on budget' wage bill actually means for a club with 8,000 fans 23 times a season?

It doesn't get us a manager like Di Canio and a squad like ours for sure. So whats it to be!!

And what is a 'long term commitment to cover the red numbers'?? He's covered the red numbers for the past four(?) years and now he doesn't want to cover the red numbers any more! How many years is acceptable to you to cover the red numbers? Remembering that each year of red numbers means more money to find?

Flashheart

« Reply #1167 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:44:59 »

Let the club down?

So he ploughs in 9 million of his own money yet he's let the club down? Andrew Black is a fucking legend.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:48:26 »

Seriously? How have they let the club down? Huh?

They've bankrolled the Paolo era from their own pocket(s)!

It comes back to the point that no one cares about overspending when they're the beneficiaries of it, but when the plug is pulled everyone suddenly questions the previous few years?

You say a so called business man shouldn't sanction a wage bill over budget. I totally agree. But do we really understand what an 'on budget' wage bill actually means for a club with 8,000 fans 23 times a season?

It doesn't get us a manager like Di Canio and a squad like ours for sure. So whats it to be!!

And what is a 'long term commitment to cover the red numbers'?? He's covered the red numbers for the past four(?) years and now he doesn't want to cover the red numbers any more! How many years is acceptable to you to cover the red numbers? Remembering that each year of red numbers means more money to find?

However you see it and i agree with you to be fair it is not the thing to do.....leaving at the time he did,beginning of season or the end in my view.
Its like getting a team of climbers a 1000 feet from the top of Everest then turning round and saying ....fuck it ive had enough and walking them all back down again.

The timing was piss poor.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:50:54 »

I'm not sure why so many are defending Andrew Black, yes he has spent his own personal wealth keeping Swindon afloat

You've answered your own question there

He bankrolled us and then wrote off £9m he was owed.  This alone more than cancels out the disappointing end to era.

We would probably be in a lot worse situation if he hasn't of showed up in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: