Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312562 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:56:21 »

I thought he was made to leave hungerford before the league agreed to his taking over, but TBH I don't remember exactly now, I know he kept connections with them but in what capacity I know not.

Was given special dispensation until the summer after he took over, when he left Hungerford.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:56:41 »

I don't really like the sound of that. He confirms he is part of the consortium to 'take us through a difficult period'. Difficult period?...we're third in the league with a superb squad. They really don't have the money do they. This sale has gone through to throw the liability onto anybody other than Black, regardless of whether they have the ability to take it on, or more probably, with a view to drastic cuts. Someone tell me I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Social responsibility? Thanks for getting our hopes up, just to stand back at the crucial moment and take the piss.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1082 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:57:26 »

All I can fins is on the Hungerford website that quotes...

The 2007/2008 season began with high hopes for success in the league and with some great league and cup performances, they entered March still chasing trophies on three fronts.Unfortunately home defeats in the FA Vase quarter final against Whitley Bay and Ardley in the league proved costly. Consolation was once again achieved by retaining the Challenge Cup by beating Almondsbury Town 2-1.During the season club chairman Andrew Fitton announced that he was leaving to form a consortium to take over at football league side Swindon Town.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:58:04 »

That's it right there and why I'm so gutted. I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed feeling smug. It was nice while it lasted.
I have loved the "smug era" too

In our case, it even included a relegation!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1084 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:59:07 »

I have loved the "smug era" too

In our case, it even included a relegation!
Thats smugness to the extreme! how I miss those days Smiley

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:02:40 »

Anyone else fed up of reading the 'Administration' thread, when admin is - we hope - very much a last resort?  This story is going to run for quite some time, so maybe a thread with a more positive (and accurate) heading would be a better place to discuss.
I welcomed this thread but can we go back to the safe, old administration thread now?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:05:17 »

The one thing I do know is that if Jed or other members of the new consortium read the shit spouted by some on here, thisis, twitter, etc they may be starting to wonder if investing is such a good idea. Despite some thinking that administration is preferable to new, mainly unidentified owners, I would rather not go down that route again. 10 point deduction for going into administration for the 3rd time? Dream on. We would get crucified.
Why don't people wait to find out the facts before doing a character assassination? I've even heard some fucking loons suggesting we demonstrate against the new guys!
I fucking despair.

Certainly, if we go into admin, the FL are not going to look favourably on our case....they'd most likely look to hasten us down the Looton path.

Nevertheless, the new lot need to know, they've got work to do to get the fans onside...and that given the lack of opportunity for formal accountablity within the ownership structure...informal action is the only alternative, and does have a history of use.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:06:08 »

Having read that  I just wonder if Jed is only fronting the consortium through the takeover process until the ones with "a wealth of football experience" (and maybe wealth of wealth) can come out. It could partly explain the lack of communication from him and his reassurance to Banbury that he won't be leaving them in the lurch.

I don't like how he says we have a 'fighting chance'. Fighting chance of what? We're third in the league with an excellent squad FFS. That's the kind of wording you should be using in relation to a team deep in a desperate relegation battle.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1088 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:32:20 »

At the risk of upsetting Barry, I hope he comes out in the next few days and proves me wrong.

Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:37:17 »

Upsetting Barry sounds like a song XTC might have sung.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:39:31 »

I don't like how he says we have a 'fighting chance'. Fighting chance of what? We're third in the league with an excellent squad FFS. That's the kind of wording you should be using in relation to a team deep in a desperate relegation battle.
Why on earth not? Surely that's a good thing?? He could just as easily mean 'fighting chance of automatic promiotion'. Why oh why do some people have to a put a negative spin on everything?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1091 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:42:20 »

Upsetting Barry sounds like a song XTC might have sung.
We're only breaking plans for Barry, we only want whats worst for him....

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:45:19 »

We only have passed history to go on and going back as long as I can remember has seen every board leave us in trouble. I'd be amazed if the next lot buck the trend. For that reason is why I think starting from scratch might not be a bad thing. Think that it will probably happen one day anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:02:30 »

We only have passed history to go on and going back as long as I can remember has seen every board leave us in trouble. I'd be amazed if the next lot buck the trend. For that reason is why I think starting from scratch might not be a bad thing. Think that it will probably happen one day anyway.

When we had the Fan's Consortium...with some financial backing from Bill Power, I genuinely thought we could create structure, whereby the fans had a greater say in how the club was run.

Given, that the then new owners, were a decent lot meant that everything seemed hunky dory....which is why it would have been good if the Trust, had been built up in that period, ready for the kind of eventuality we have now.

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:08:54 »

When we had the Fan's Consortium...with some financial backing from Bill Power, I genuinely thought we could create structure, whereby the fans had a greater say in how the club was run.

Given, that the then new owners, were a decent lot meant that everything seemed hunky dory....which is why it would have been good if the Trust, had been built up in that period, ready for the kind of eventuality we have now.
agree. Putting our faith in board after board always leads to disappointment eventually. I never saw this coming with the outgoing lot so cannot trust anyone. All boards have their own agendas which are not for the  greater good of stfc
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: