Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311825 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:07:46 »

Jesus, just switched on and read the last few pages of this thread.  We need to face facts, the money had dried up, we were going to be in shit street without any further funding, we raised the funds to carry on (and a lot of us didn't like the way it was done) and the club has been sold - allegedly!  Without this new consortium coming in where would we be, no money - means more players being sold - and in administration.  We could not carry on without more cash and hopefully the "new owners" will supply that.  I guess we all felt a bit of smugness that after years of living hand-to-mouth that we were finally in a comfortable position - that rug was pulled out from under our feet - so we all seem to be panicking.  Hopefully everybody will turn up at the next home game and we will know more about our future.  
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1066 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:09:14 »

I probably was a little OTT in my criticisms of the front man and his apparent unsuitability last night.  Hadn't really appreciated the extent to which their hands are tied at the moment.  At the risk of upsetting Barry, I hope he comes out in the next few days and proves me wrong.
We are all concerned that these may not be the right people thats human nature but we have to at least know who they are and their motives before we write them off.

It was not a direct attack on you at all Ardiles it was just a general despair at the way a lot of fans have decided that after one dodgy rumour on a non league fans forum page that someone is unfit for the purpose of taking our club forward.

Please give them time, they may be good they may be bad, nobody has a clue at the moment at all.

I think its time to sit back a bit and chill out and let the people in charge communicate to us their plans before we totally dismiss them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:11:08 »

I think its time to sit back a bit and chill out and let the people in charge communicate to us their plans before we totally dismiss them.

Im in favour of this i couldnt carry on the way i was
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:30:37 »

Jesus, just switched on and read the last few pages of this thread.  We need to face facts, the money had dried up, we were going to be in shit street without any further funding, we raised the funds to carry on (and a lot of us didn't like the way it was done) and the club has been sold - allegedly!  Without this new consortium coming in where would we be, no money - means more players being sold - and in administration.  We could not carry on without more cash and hopefully the "new owners" will supply that. I guess we all felt a bit of smugness that after years of living hand-to-mouth that we were finally in a comfortable position - that rug was pulled out from under our feet - so we all seem to be panicking.  Hopefully everybody will turn up at the next home game and we will know more about our future. 
That's it right there and why I'm so gutted. I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed feeling smug. It was nice while it lasted.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:33:42 »

That's it right there and why I'm so gutted. I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed feeling smug. It was nice while it lasted.
I think that's one thing most are agreed on.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1070 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:36:42 »

I think that's one thing most are agreed on.
I agree, but part of that smugness could come back this week if Paolo says he is staying and the new board confirm the takeover and that they plan to make us a new force in the league with financial backing....or failing that a win at Creepy today is a good start.

Flashheart

« Reply #1071 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:39:56 »

We could still see a great deal of success even if Paolo does leave. He's not the only good manager out there.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:40:15 »

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/10202689.FOOTBALL__McCrory___I_won_t_desert_Banbury/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1073 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:41:07 »

We could still see a great deal of success even if Paolo does leave. He's not the only good manager out there.
Nigel Adkins?

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:42:54 »

We are all concerned that these may not be the right people thats human nature but we have to at least know who they are and their motives before we write them off.

It was not a direct attack on you at all Ardiles it was just a general despair at the way a lot of fans have decided that after one dodgy rumour on a non league fans forum page that someone is unfit for the purpose of taking our club forward.

Please give them time, they may be good they may be bad, nobody has a clue at the moment at all.

Totally agree with this and hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.  My concern is that Football League approval of the takeover becomes drawn out and the limbo state and associated negativity drags on.

Edit:  Having just read Tan's link, it appears the FL will need to give special dispensation because of involvement at Banbury as well.  Let's hope this doesn't create an issue or delay the process.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:45:34 by joteddyred » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:46:40 »

Nigel Adkins?

Behave! He was front runner for Huddersfield.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1076 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:50:02 »

Behave! He was front runner for Huddersfield.
Just stating a good manager that was available, not for one minute would he come to us Smiley

Flashheart

« Reply #1077 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:52:50 »

Edit:  Having just read Tan's link, it appears the FL will need to give special dispensation because of involvement at Banbury as well.  Let's hope this doesn't create an issue or delay the process.

I don't think it's that big a deal.

Fitton did the same with hungerford(?) when he first joined us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1078 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:54:45 »

I don't think it's that big a deal.

Fitton did the same with hungerford(?) when he first joined us.
I thought he was made to leave hungerford before the league agreed to his taking over, but TBH I don't remember exactly now, I know he kept connections with them but in what capacity I know not.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:55:46 »

Having read that
I just wonder if Jed is only fronting the consortium through the takeover process until the ones with "a wealth of football experience" (and maybe wealth of wealth) can come out. It could partly explain the lack of communication from him and his reassurance to Banbury that he won't be leaving them in the lurch.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: