Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312024 times)
kerry red

« Reply #1035 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:35:48 »

Fishing for what?

Just my personal feelings on the situation.

May be a load of old bollocks to everyone else - but it is MY opinion
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:35:52 »

Fishing. Surely?

He got me...
Flashheart

« Reply #1037 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:41:54 »

He got me...

I reckon he might be serious.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:34:13 »

The one thing I do know is that if Jed or other members of the new consortium read the shit spouted by some on here, thisis, twitter, etc they may be starting to wonder if investing is such a good idea. Despite some thinking that administration is preferable to new, mainly unidentified owners, I would rather not go down that route again. 10 point deduction for going into administration for the 3rd time? Dream on. We would get crucified.
Why don't people wait to find out the facts before doing a character assassination? I've even heard some fucking loons suggesting we demonstrate against the new guys!
I fucking despair.

It's All Good..............
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:39:34 »

The one thing I do know is that if Jed or other members of the new consortium read the shit spouted by some on here, thisis, twitter, etc they may be starting to wonder if investing is such a good idea. Despite some thinking that administration is preferable to new, mainly unidentified owners, I would rather not go down that route again. 10 point deduction for going into administration for the 3rd time? Dream on. We would get crucified.
Why don't people wait to find out the facts before doing a character assassination? I've even heard some fucking loons suggesting we demonstrate against the new guys!
I fucking despair.

Totally agree with you!

Yes people are angry and frustrated but there's nothing we can do about it. Spouting off the way some 'fans' have has just made us look stupid. STFU and get to the game today and get behind the team, that's the best thing we can do!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:43:22 »

Fishing for what?

Just my personal feelings on the situation.

May be a load of old bollocks to everyone else - but it is MY opinion
Yes but to be coming out with stuff like, 'I'd rather go into Admin and get a 10 point deduction' when you have no idea whatsoever about the new owners is a bit idiotic and OTT don't you think?
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:48:08 »

Well since the new board have exchanged contracts:

1) a key player sold to promotion rivals
2) Transfers fall through
3) The manager saying he is considering his position claiming he's not been informed when players are sold
4) Silence from the front man from the new consortium (arguably courtesy of Non-Disclosure, but..)

And with me being a middle class snob

5) A guy with questionable spelling.

I think points 1-4 are fair enough to raise legitimate concern. If people coming in to run a football club don't expect legitimate scrutiny from press and fans then they aren't the smartest. My default position with new owners is that they earn my trust with something precious to me rather than being allowed to piss about with it if they are a bunch of chancers.

dporter

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:55:22 »

Well since the new board have exchanged contracts:

1) a key player sold to promotion rivals
2) Transfers fall through
3) The manager saying he is considering his position claiming he's not been informed when players are sold
4) Silence from the front man from the new consortium (arguably courtesy of Non-Disclosure, but..)

And with me being a middle class snob

5) A guy with questionable spelling.

I think points 1-4 are fair enough to raise legitimate concern. If people coming in to run a football club don't expect legitimate scrutiny from press and fans then they aren't the smartest. My default position with new owners is that they earn my trust with something precious to me rather than being allowed to piss about with it if they are a bunch of chancers.

You can't blame the new board for the rules and regulations of the FL. Until it's all been checked out and cleared there's not a lot they can do. We had to sell Ritchie to raise funds. The FL put the kibosh on the transfers (temporarily - they will still happen). Paolo always has a rant and voices his feelings. And you quashed your own argument in point four with the NDA.

Sorry, what was your point?!
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 08:59:58 by dporter » Logged
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:08:57 »

1) How much money do the new lot have if we have to sell a player as a "bridging loan"?
2) What guarantees are there the transfers will happen?
3) Yes he rants. Not often he says I have had my contract breached. That's a bit more than spleen venting
4) Who knows what's in the NDA or isn't? It could be a handy thing to hide behind.

The point is perhaps not to take everything we are told at face value until they have earned our trust.

kerry red

« Reply #1044 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:13:56 »

Yes but to be coming out with stuff like, 'I'd rather go into Admin and get a 10 point deduction' when you have no idea whatsoever about the new owners is a bit idiotic and OTT don't you think?

In the cold light of day maybe a bit OTT

I just dont think I could endure 18 months of watching a bunch of chancers asset stripping the club to inevitably leave us up shit creek.

If they turn out to be even half decent owners, feel free to tar and feather me
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1045 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:20:22 »

I fucking despair.
Fucking spot on, I too fucking despair at some of our fans attitudes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #1046 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:29:30 »

Fucking spot on, I too fucking despair at some of our fans attitudes.

Well, I'd like to know how many other clubs have been taken over with nobody knowing who it is - Jedward apart.

And this is 4 days after the event. What on earth harm can there be in just releasing the names of those involved - what is there to be gained by a non disclosure clause.

What is it they are trying to hide?

All very well saying fans are loons for holding some opinions but in my mind trust should be earned not given lightly.

Surely we all see this is not an auspicious start
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:30:02 »

1) How much money do the new lot have if we have to sell a player as a "bridging loan"?
2) What guarantees are there the transfers will happen?
3) Yes he rants. Not often he says I have had my contract breached. That's a bit more than spleen venting
4) Who knows what's in the NDA or isn't? It could be a handy thing to hide behind.

The point is perhaps not to take everything we are told at face value until they have earned our trust.

1) Who knows? But the 'bridging loan' was needed as Black & co weren't going to fund any more and why should the new lot fund when they don't actually have ownership yet? This point has been discussed on other threads. It's not about how much money they have, it's about them not actually owning us yet.

2) Once the deal's gone through (the next few days) there is no reason we can't sign these players during th EL period. Everything was agreed just not completed. Given, a few terms may need to be tweaked but we can still get these players.

3) Yes, admittedly, Paolo's statement was a lot more serious than his normal rants but by him coming out he forced the club to make a statement. Hopefully they have also spoken to him now and allayed some of his fears (trying to remain optimistic on the Paolo front!).

4) Why would they hide behind the NDA? It's there to protect people's interests. We, as fans, don't have to know everything about the new board at the moment. The FL will be doing their investigations and if some of the new board have other interests they may not want them being picked over by all and sundry at the moment.

I don't understand why they have to earn our trust. They want to buy us and, ultimately, they will have saved us once this goes through. If we hadn't have sold then we wouldn't have just gone into administration and had points deducted, it would have been a lot worse. Cold hard fact so we should actually be a bit grateful to the new board and maybe not judge them without knowing anything about them!
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:31:39 by dporter » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:32:51 »

I'm with Kerry to a point. We just keep going round and round and always get shafted. The only way to end it is to start from scratch with a non profit seeking board that is completely open and transparent. Otherwise we will be in a similar situation to now in the future. The new lot will take over, say what fans want to hear and all will be forgottenfor alot of fans. I'd say this warning though, if the so called great board who saved us etc, etc are leaving us in this fucking mess, it aint gonna see an improvement from them is it?
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:34:48 by arriba » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:33:12 »

I fucking despair.

Now THAT makes you just want to  Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: