Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312465 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:37:35 »

I don't think he was asked, more like presented with the Bournemouth contract and a pen in a QPR boardroom style from a few years ago.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:38:26 »

probably because he's the only name we've got so far?

I know, but he's not the one who'll be under the FL rigour I doubt.  They'll be checking the purse strings to make sure they aren't made of cheap cotton.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:38:59 »

Can anyone shed light on why "Ged"'s involvement in the takeover of Luton failed? Could give us a clue to next week's outcome (or not).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:41:26 »

Not that it make a lot of difference now, I was told by somebody with close connections to Black that he was pulling out and was told this a least a year ago, think it was last January, (I was told not to tell anyone as they would know where it came from).  Although at this stage i was a little concerned i did not even realise he the majority shareholder for some reason i though it was Arib.  As time went on to the summer i heard nothing was metioned so presumed he'd changed his mind or been pursuaded otherwise.

The only reason i telling now is so people realise he was looking to get out a long time ago, so although this takeover looks to have happened fast, it proabably been a long drawn out time, maybe with not much happening for Black, who was still putting money in.  
Therefore this makes his deadline of no more investing look a lot more reasonable.

I would also presume Fitton and Wray would have been aware of Black wanting to leave, therefore can't possible see them as part of the takeover as some suggest as surely if they had the means it would have been sorted long ago.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:43:39 »

If this isn't going to be over and done with until next thursday I may have to take an internet holiday.  Could someone wake me up if there is any actual news rather than just speculation and opinion?  Ta.

Never knowingly overstated.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:46:54 »

If this isn't going to be over and done with until next thursday I may have to take an internet holiday.  Could someone wake me up if there is any actual news rather than just speculation and opinion?  Ta.

I know what you mean, just remember back to the day when you just check the Evening Advertiser (paper edition) for the Swindon news once a day if that, now feel the need for a update every 30 seconds
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #951 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:50:31 »

Don't know why everyone is spending so much time researching Jed, I thought the initial reports suggested he wasn't the money behind this deal, just the name that got thrown to the media feeding frenzy.

Yep agree with you.

I reckon McCrory is probably the new chairman.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #952 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:54:21 »

I have a feeling that after all of this the new owners will try and persuade JW to come back to the club in some capacity to calm the fans nerves and Paolos too.

That would make sense, that is of course if JW wants to return and even gets on with the new board.

I know its conjecture but thats what I would do in McCrory's position, try and instill some kind of stability and people with prior knowledge of the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:54:36 »

Yep agree with you.

I reckon McCrory is probably the new chairman.

Will McCroy be at Crawley on Saturday, if have to see who he's sat next to, although I haven't a clue what McCroy looks like
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:58:34 »

And while we're speculating, in the absence of any actual information, I wonder if the main reason for the last lot pulling out was the failure to move the development agenda forward with SBC, since that's where the moneymaking opportunity lies. They wouldn't be the first.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:20:36 »

And while we're speculating, in the absence of any actual information, I wonder if the main reason for the last lot pulling out was the failure to move the development agenda forward with SBC, since that's where the moneymaking opportunity lies. They wouldn't be the first.

I was wondering that as well actually. I reckon we are never going to be able to develop the ground.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #956 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:24:46 »

I wonder what Terry Brady is doing now, he was one of the first that leapt out when planning permission was denied.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #957 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 15:05:26 »

Black's lost a lot of wealth recently and I don't think his ventures are making him any money. Probably more to do with that.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 15:22:00 »

Will McCroy be at Crawley on Saturday, if have to see who he's sat next to, although I haven't a clue what McCroy looks like

Look out for a double glazing sales man, then you've got your man!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #959 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 15:57:56 »

He's short, bearded and wears a red cape.

Will probably be heard saying 'You buy one, you get one free'!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: