Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311989 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:22:43 »

just report what is on the wire

[url width=383 height=143]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzsvjuirQr1qibfa1.gif[/url]
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:28:18 »

A question - How much realistically would promotion to the Championship be worth to the club? 5-6 million?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:29:50 »

A question - How much realistically would promotion to the Championship be worth to the club? 5-6 million?

And the rest.... (no, I don't have the figures to hand, but it's a significant jump. Although as with promotion from Champ to Prem, it comes with attendant increased costs too)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #843 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:33:03 »

Fitton said promotion to the Championship (back in 2010 when we were in the play off final) was worth around £10 million, that was 3 years ago so it could have gone up since then.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:34:21 »

Then there is the small matter off increased wages to players.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:34:56 »

Isn't Marie Saunders Nick Watkins' PA? I'm hoping that colleagues wishing her all the best on her last day at the CG yesterday is co-incidental and a move she'd planned for some time, not related to the take-over.

That was announced over a month ago. Not related.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:35:05 »

Isn't Marie Saunders Nick Watkins' PA? I'm hoping that colleagues wishing her all the best on her last day at the CG yesterday is co-incidental and a move she'd planned for some time, not related to the take-over.

Yeah, she got a new job, it's unrelated

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:35:39 »

I think I read that Cardiff were something like 93 million in debt, although they look like they are going to get promoted to the championship, but some of these debt I have been reading about are pretty staggering.

Paul, you seem to know your stuff. The unsecured debts of 9-10 million have been written off, but we have a secured debt of 3 million still (if I have read correcly). What does this actually mean? (apologies if this has been covered before but I have only been catching up this morning)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:35:56 »

Then there is the small matter off increased wages to players.

There is no money to be made, ask Bristol City, It's all a fantasy world.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:36:45 »

Yeah, she got a new job, it's unrelated
That's a relief. Nick Watkins would be a significant loss, probably worse than losing Matt Ritchie in the medium term. Hope her new job goes well, must have been a bloody weird last day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:40:04 »

Paul, you seem to know your stuff. The unsecured debts of 9-10 million have been written off, but we have a secured debt of 3 million still (if I have read correcly). What does this actually mean? (apologies if this has been covered before but I have only been catching up this morning)
I may seem to, but it's just a good impression I assure you. Basically though the difference is that the secured debt is secured against something, like your mortgage is secured against your house. So if you default on your mortgage, you lose your house. Same thing here, except the debt is secured on the ground. Not sure though whether it's owed to the Holding Co (I think it is) or directly to individuals (Arbib and/or Black). SiPie's a better man to ask, he does actually know his stuff on this
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:44:25 »

Sod it. This may turn out to be a disaster, it may just be a bit of a rocky start to what ultimately proves to be one of the most glorious periods in the club's history. Or more likely somewhere in between. But me fretting about it isn't going to make any difference, I'm going back to bed to enjoy my flu!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #852 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:49:57 »

Sod it. This may turn out to be a disaster, it may just be a bit of a rocky start to what ultimately proves to be one of the most glorious periods in the club's history. Or more likely somewhere in between. But me fretting about it isn't going to make any difference

A most sensible post.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:51:15 »

Sod it. This may turn out to be a disaster, it may just be a bit of a rocky start to what ultimately proves to be one of the most glorious periods in the club's history. Or more likely somewhere in between. But me fretting about it isn't going to make any difference, I'm going back to bed to enjoy my flu!

Indeed.

Whatever happens today, there's fuck all I can do about it, i've got more important things going on to worry about what happens at a football club Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #854 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:06:01 »

I heard a representative of the Oxford English Dictionary has been seen in SN1

Apparently they are excited to have a solid definition of TINPOT
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: