Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312140 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:58:01 »

SSN has just reported that a consortium led by majority shareholder Andrew Black has taken over?!!

Surely he can't do that and if so, why all the bollocks about wanting out?

I can't take any more excitement/upset/stress (delete as appropriate)  I'm off to bed!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:58:13 »

You think AB = AF?

No, PA just read it wrong . Then propagated the wrongness to Sky and other news outlets. Idiots.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:59:13 »

no

PA have read the club statement and misunderstood it because they're useless fucking donkeys

"THE Board of Swindon Town FC are pleased to announce its majority shareholder Andrew Black has today exchanged contracts with a consortium to acquire the Club. Completion of the sale is dependent upon approval from the Football League, which we hope to obtain in the next few days."

so Black has exchanged contracts with the other consortium who are acquiring the club from him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 00:01:04 »

No, PA just read it wrong . Then propagated the wrongness to Sky and other news outlets. Idiots.
they will have picked it up from the club and then put it on the wire

other news outlets won't do any kind of research, just report what is on the wire
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 00:03:22 »

other news outlets won't do any kind of research, just report what is on the wire

That's what I meant by propagated it to other news outlets. PA must have had the same statement we saw and misinterpreted it.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 00:06:33 »

Confusion on the mind and questions needing to be answered...it's been a long day, bed time and we'll see what tomorrow brings!

#VivaKenBarlow!
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 00:16:32 »

PA now confirmed consortium lead by Jed mcrory!

Tweeted by Vic Morgan (makes more sense)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 00:27:26 »

Odd question for the accountants, following the takeover and assuming we do write off the £10m of debt, are we likely to report our largest ever profit as a business in the financial year?  Can't remember if this gets added to the P&L account, because the balance sheet needs adjusting.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 06:54:19 »

Well after about 3 hours sleep, I'm actually quite looking forward to what today will bring, I've already got the tin hat on, it's going to be interesting for sure.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:48:27 »

At the moment needing evidence that new consortium press conference will not look like this:

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:56:21 »

Jed mcCrory has made a post on the Banbury forum

Hi guys ... Sorry for delay to reply's ... And apolgise for any inconvenience caused to all i look forward to Friday with all, obviously through media exposure through a third party unknown to myself .. Communications extremly difficult ... I would just ask all to remember I am a football fan at heart with strong believes that all kids should have the opportunities to play football for there home town as you all no i am a Luton Town fan and have lived through the pain of having there club on the brink and hated that feeling.
I would like to say to all who have supported the club since I have been here a huge thank you and to those who have not liked me being here .. Get used to it ..... #putitans has affected me support grass root football @ Banbury Utd ....

Please God, I hope he doesn't start posting. He can't even spell. This is tin pot. The PA story gave me a shred of hope that this wasn't happening.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:01:41 »

Please God, I hope he doesn't posting. He can't even spell. This is tin pot.
So let me get this right - you are slating him for his poor use of the English language - yes?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:03:46 »

So let me get this right - you are slating him for his poor use of the English language - yes?

Ha...now corrected. Maybe he was using predictive on his phone too.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:15:32 »

Still don't know how comfortable I am with all this. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

But then again being close to Portsmouth I can remember all the eurphoria when Sheik Urwallett bought the club and we all know how that turned out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:20:43 »

Isn't Marie Saunders Nick Watkins' PA? I'm hoping that colleagues wishing her all the best on her last day at the CG yesterday is co-incidental and a move she'd planned for some time, not related to the take-over.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: