Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311857 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:25:39 »

I might be clutching at straws, but Paolo was happy with progress on the takeover a few days ago, which presumably meant whoever we were talking to were happy to stick in a few quid (especially with the knowledge AB would write off all that debt).  If we assume the Banbury consortium have been front runners for a few days, then hopefully when it is confirmed we will also hear about a big injection of cash.

I really do hope the above is true.  Selling someone to get through the next month or two is kinda logical. I can understand a potential owner not wanting to fork out 250k/500k at risk, especially if they've had their fingers burnt before.  But MR, for that fee, to rivals, is absolutely fucking appalling.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 22:42:34 by JanTheMan » Logged
red socks

« Reply #661 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:26:15 »

Taking a step back, if it were any other board on the way out there wouldn't be half as much criticism. Five years on we're in roughly the same league position but with a much better balance sheet.

After the shambles that was the Wills era, Black/Fitton et al seemed like a breath of fresh air. They had ambition and a clear business plan. I will always be eternally grateful for these men not only saving our football club from certain liquidation but completely turning it around off the pitch.

But, after the openness and transparency that we've grown accustomed to in the last few years, the manner of the swift sale to the first/easiest bidder and deafening silence today has left a very bitter taste and somewhat tainted my view of them.

Hopefully tomorrow brings better news and a statement of some kind from someone in authority. If we don't have reassurances from the outgoing owner then Mr McCrory better talk a very good game.

If its just Richie going then we might be okay, my worry is Wes Williams ferry etc all go on the cheap tomorrow, swiftly followed by the main man......
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:28:42 »

I might be clutching at straws, but Paolo was happy with progress on the takeover a few days ago, which presumably meant whoever we were talking too were happy to stick in a few quid (especially with the knowledge AB would write off all that debt).  If we assume the Banbury consortium have been front runners for a few days, then hopefully when it is confirmed we will also hear about a big injection of cash.
With all due respect, if we're relying on Di Canio's sound fiscal judgement to do due diligence on the new consortium then clutching at straws doesn't even begin to cover it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #663 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:29:59 »

With all due respect, if we're relying on Di Canio's sound fiscal judgement to do due diligence on the new consortium then clutching at straws doesn't even begin to cover it.

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:32:10 »

Was I dreaming earlier or did I misread on the adver the new consortium say something along the lines of Championship football 'as soon as possible' (what with selling Ritchie on the other thread...they must have someone else lined up?!?!)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:33:26 »

Was I dreaming earlier or did I misread on the adver the new consortium say something along the lines of Championship football 'as soon as possible' (what with selling Ritchie on the other thread...they must have someone else lined up?!?!)

The thing that worries me is how quiet the club is about the takeover, even Chris Tanner saying no takeover has happened.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:35:25 »

The thing that worries me is how quiet the club is about the takeover, even Chris Tanner saying no takeover has happened.
In fairness, that may be because they want to have the thing fully signed and sealed before making any official takeover announcement
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:36:12 »

Ummm...I think you were dreaming. Everything we've heard today has been from Sam Moreshead. God knows where he gets his information from, but he said the new owners didn't want to get rid of Ritchie.

caveej

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:37:57 »

the only people that know what is going on is the pricks right at the top that do not give a fuck about us, the supporters, or the club.  Its all about money. They dont give a fuck about PDC, Ritchie, et al. They dont give a fuck. they are businessmen - not supporters of the club. they dont give a fuck.  All they care about is not losing any money.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:38:25 »

Ummm...I think you were dreaming. Everything we've heard today has been from Sam Moreshead. God knows where he gets his information from, but he said the new owners didn't want to get rid of Ritchie.

maybe they didn't but the old boys did? a parting shot maybe

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:38:50 »

Well they didn't appear to put up much of a fight to keep him.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:40:43 »

I'm not expecting him to be heading the due diligence for either side, but he would have been happy with what he was being told.  You may not like him, but he's no puppet.  He also may have been fed a load of shit....and yes i'm clutching at straws.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 22:22:51 by JanTheMan » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:40:52 »

Well they didn't appear to put up much of a fight to keep him.

Could well have been out of their hands. Money was required to fund the club until the deal is officially done perhaps? I don't know. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.

And I don't think the current board would have sold Ritchie to spite us.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #673 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:41:20 »

the only people that know what is going on is the pricks right at the top that do not give a fuck about us, the supporters, or the club.  Its all about money. They dont give a fuck about PDC, Ritchie, et al. They dont give a fuck. they are businessmen - not supporters of the club. they dont give a fuck.  All they care about is not losing any money.
are you 12 years old? Because your acting it
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:41:41 »

Fodders next to go now then?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: