Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312139 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:30:43 »

I don't think it is a concern. If we wake tomorrow to find players sold, and/or a takeover breakdown then I'll be concerned.

I'm concerned.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:31:26 »

I'm concerned.

And with good cause.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:32:44 »

Who mentioned assett stripping?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:35:34 »

Great way for the new owners to get the fan base onside.

Sell your best player for about half of what you turned down a few months ago, it's Fjortoft all over again.

Oh well, the last 18 months were fun Sad
Sharpe

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:37:18 »

Morshead doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. He said our stadium was being used as leverage but as far as i know we don't even own it. Where is he getting his info from?
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:38:41 »

Fuck. This. Shit.

What a monumental fucking disgrace selling at that price - Can't expect PdC to be happy about this.

If he's half as pissed off as me then he'll be off to club with some ambition like Fleetwood or Stevenage.

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:40:26 »

Morshead doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. He said our stadium was being used as leverage but as far as i know we don't even own it. Where is he getting his info from?

We own the stadium...just not the freehold of the land that it is built on.  That's my understanding anyway.

This is starting to smell very bad.  Not happy this evening.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:44:05 »

We own the stands.  St Modwen did have a charge against their full value, which was cleared by Arbib as I remember.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:46:10 »

I think either Black or Arbib had a debenture over the ground as security for their loan. Someone with access to companies house should be able to confirm.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:46:44 »

Makes sense, probably transferred the charge when they paid off St Modwen.
Sharpe

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:47:00 »

We own the stadium...just not the freehold of the land that it is built on.  That's my understanding anyway.

This is starting to smell very bad.  Not happy this evening.

Oh dear...
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #656 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:47:34 »

Tomorrow is going to be interesting! Mad day today
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #657 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 20:49:25 »

I think either Black or Arbib had a debenture over the ground as security for their loan. Someone with access to companies house should be able to confirm.

Yes, I confirmed this to Morshead on Twitter
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:22:20 »

Taking a step back, if it were any other board on the way out there wouldn't be half as much criticism. Five years on we're in roughly the same league position but with a much better balance sheet.

After the shambles that was the Wills era, Black/Fitton et al seemed like a breath of fresh air. They had ambition and a clear business plan. I will always be eternally grateful for these men not only saving our football club from certain liquidation but completely turning it around off the pitch.

But, after the openness and transparency that we've grown accustomed to in the last few years, the manner of the swift sale to the first/easiest bidder and deafening silence today has left a very bitter taste and somewhat tainted my view of them.

Hopefully tomorrow brings better news and a statement of some kind from someone in authority. If we don't have reassurances from the outgoing owner then Mr McCrory better talk a very good game.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 21:23:51 »

Taking a step back, if it were any other board on the way out there wouldn't be half as much criticism. Five years on we're in roughly the same league position but with a much better balance sheet.

After the shambles that was the Wills era, Black/Fitton et al seemed like a breath of fresh air. They had ambition and a clear business plan. I will always be eternally grateful for these men not only saving our football club from certain liquidation but completely turning it around off the pitch.

But, after the openness and transparency that we've grown accustomed to in the last few years, the manner of the swift sale to the first/easiest bidder and deafening silence today has left a very bitter taste and somewhat tainted my view of them.

Hopefully tomorrow brings better news and a statement of some kind from someone in authority. If we don't have reassurances from the outgoing owner then Mr McCrory better talk a very good game.

Not in a million years will there be better news, the way things are going today.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: