Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311934 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:32:32 »

Beat me to it. Was just about to write the same.

Great minds etc. Sod financial stability, get the beers in Smiley   Talking of which where were you hiding last night? Saw your dad trying to give himself the shits at the burger stall Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:37:52 »

I'm desperately hoping rumours of Perry Deakin's involvement are wide of the mark. Here's hoping NW sticks around.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:41:57 »

pleased to hear this has been sorted out quickly after the protracted takeover of the Fitton led consortium but am eager to know who exactly is involved, their immediate plans for the rest of the season (consolidate or push on?) and if there are plans for redevelopment.

interesting times ahead
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:43:08 »

I'm desperately hoping rumours of Perry Deakin's involvement are wide of the mark. Here's hoping NW sticks around.

Moorshead has said Deakin is not involved.

Never knowingly overstated.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:46:21 »

Few threads on here so i look forward to hearing your comments on the supposed takeover....for what they are worth Grin

Any take over is good news for the club in the short term obviously,selling players and losing points because of Admin is a big no/no in my view.
Of course these guys are not Town fans...they are buisness people....anything wrong with that,course not most clubs have these kind of people running the club.
Will there be money behind them....doubtfull but if they shore up the club for a short time it is better than the alternative.

We have a real chance of grabbing promotion to the Championship....maybe these guys realise that and can see the pound signs that will come with a rise in division.....is that a bad thing...only time will tell.

As it stands it looks like we have a new dawn at the club....to me its good news as i have learnt that in football what happens today is more important in football than what happens tommorow.
It seems that the new consortium are taking over all the debt...who is to say that Jed and his gang will be the answer to our dreams....he is a property developer so maybe he has one eye on the stadium situation also.

Lets embrace the rest of the season and let the future do its thing.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:52:59 »

Great minds etc. Sod financial stability, get the beers in Smiley   Talking of which where were you hiding last night? Saw your dad trying to give himself the shits at the burger stall Smiley

He probably succeeded too. Nice.

I was around but if that was pre-match, i tried to duck in the supporters clubhouse for a swift half at 7:30pm. Sadly the bar was already closed (or so the old "bouncer" told me) - not impressed although i'd probably had enough by then.

I personally enjoyed last night - proper old school ground (aka a bit of a craphole). The stewards were keen though i have to say.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:56:06 »

Need to know if this includes Nick Watkins staying a chief Exec as I think he has done an excellent job and will hopefully stay

Agree, he has been brilliant for this club.
kaufman

« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 14:38:23 »

My hairdressers sister is shagging a bloke from a pub in Ramsbury that Fitton and Wray can frequently be found drinking expensive wine in. Just round the corner from PDC's favourite haunt..... Wink

Seems so long ago now doesn't it
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 14:56:05 »

I do hope Nick stays around, the guy has been so good for the club, seems to really care about the club. Cautiously optimistic.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:12:15 »

I think the main question is who else is involved.

Was it Banbury United Mark Scott was on loan to last season? Expect we might see a few more youngsters head that way.

...anyways...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:13:11 »

Yes DV,  Scott was on loan there. Took my mate out of the team
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:14:09 »

Wonder when we will find out who the members of the consortium are. Exciting times certainly over the next 30 hours or so.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:19:06 »

Yes DV,  Scott was on loan there. Took my mate out of the team

So, Mark Scott is behind all of this then...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:19:27 »

I do hope Nick stays around, the guy has been so good for the club

Have heard a lot of people saying this. Out of interest what sort of thing does he do? Not being facetious but don't see his name mentioned that often normally, in the press etc.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 15:40:29 »

Have heard a lot of people saying this. Out of interest what sort of thing does he do? Not being facetious but don't see his name mentioned that often normally, in the press etc.
aside from whatever he may or may not bring to the club, it would no doubt be very valuable to have someone who has been around since 2008 to help ease the transition and such. it won't be Black or Patey so Watkins is the man.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: