Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312136 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:47:43 »

Irrespective as to who takes over, a certain section of our fan base will be disappointed or dissatisfied. The percentage remains to be seen pending a formal announcement (whenever that may or may not be).

What I personally want assurances on are the following:

- That the imminent threat of admisistration (whether it was ever there or not) has been lifted.
- The immediate plans for the rest of this season relative to playing budget and push for the Championship (given the current league position)
- A medium/longer term plan to push for sustained Championship football
- A business plan to deliver self-sufficiency
- Plans for ground redevelopment

Not all will be immediately available, so patience will be key across the fan base.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:48:50 »

Fair question Pumbaa.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:54:46 »

Who said they are lower league business men?

Agreed. I suppose I thought that bringing in Patey for his address book and aiming for the Championship we might be getting in another sort of investor. As you say, we might yet. You're right - I'll shut up and won't add any more speculation into the pot.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:56:58 »

Where does it stand on McCrory having ownership interest in two clubs?
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:00:19 »

I'm not bothered. Didn't fitton soon stand down as chairman of hungerford when he did the same? thats assuming Jed Mccory will be the chairman
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:02:40 »

From the advertiser feed thing...

After taking over at Banbury United, Jed McCrory attempted to increase attendances at the club by offering to buy fans drinks.

He told the Banbury Guardian in October: “If we can double the gate of our last home game – 143 – then I will buy the first 286 fans a beer if they come up and introduce themselves to me at the bar in the clubhouse between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.

“If we get more than 300 fans then I will buy the first 300 a beer at the following home game and so on. But if we only get 299 then the supporters’ club chairman has to buy me one!”

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:03:43 »

After taking over at Banbury United, Jed McCrory attempted to increase attendances at the club by offering to buy fans drinks.

He told the Banbury Guardian in October: “If we can double the gate of our last home game – 143 – then I will buy the first 286 fans a beer if they come up and introduce themselves to me at the bar in the clubhouse between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.

“If we get more than 300 fans then I will buy the first 300 a beer at the following home game and so on. But if we only get 299 then the supporters’ club chairman has to buy me one!”

Incidentally if thats the Banbury Town badge its great!!
The_Doctor

« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:10:13 »

Both the Banbury supporters say he seems ok...

It would certainly be a shame if the rumours are true, just looking at the lick of paint and the amount of volunteers coming down and helping along with the results getting better, Jed would be a loss to us I think. Then again can you blame him when he has had a lot of s*** off people when it would seem he is just a genuine guy doing his best to get the club going. Also I have been down the stadium and asked Jed questions and he has always answered straight up, I think most people have found that so I am sure he will update us if and when the time is right, if the rumours are true then he probably wouldn't be able to say anything at this point anyway would he? Not 100% certain of my facts of course but come on Jed you started a great thing here at Banbury don't desert us now... Lets get the whole town behind the club and move on up....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:11:23 »

Links to Cecil seem to have been incorrect, he's away in Brazil at the moment - bet he's delighted thats in the paper.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:13:29 »

I like him already, that's pretty impressive.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:17:45 »

I like him already, that's pretty impressive.

Beat me to it. Was just about to write the same.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:22:16 »

Need to know if this includes Nick Watkins staying a chief Exec as I think he has done an excellent job and will hopefully stay
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:22:39 »

Again, waiting on the photo of the scarf above the head on the pitch...but some what relieved it has been agreed...remains to be seen if 'pleased'...hopefully Jed and his crew will do the business, but from what I've read so far seems ok!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:30:43 »

@JedMcCoy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 13:31:22 »

Limited information so far seems to suggest he at least has an idea  (quote from Banbury fans etc above.

He's only 5 years older than me - scary!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: