Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311939 times)
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:09:28 »

Adrian Durham is always controversial and winds me up
He should be encouraging people to support teams outside the top league ,
Apart from the Preimer shit he talks about Peterboro and Franchise FC
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:12:01 by bassett boy » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:10:56 »

I can't hear the word 'Jed' without images of The Beverley Hillbillies springing to mind.

I've already made my mind up on him - twat
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:19:28 »

May be about to be proved comprehensively wrong, but does anyone else have a lingering concern that this Jed and his local lower-league business chums sound just the teensiest bit, well, tinpot for a ambitious Championship-bound club? Is Jed in Banbury the top result from Sir William's extensive worldwide contact list?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:20:08 »

For those who don't have Twatterbook here's some Tweets from Advers Sam Morshead

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA

It is believed that the takeover could be finalised today, with fit and proper persons tests still to be completed.

It's my understanding that the deal, which remains subject to FL approval, that has been reached ensures stability at the club...

I also understand that the deal, when it goes through, would get rid of all and any threat of administration.

It's understood that Championship football remains target of new owners, but remains to be seen whether funds will be available this month
Expand

Meetings are expected to take place in the next 24 hours to try to secure funds for PDC to use before 11pm deadline tomorrow.

It's my understanding that club's prospective new owners and current board will retain joint control of running of Robins til deal ratified.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:22:55 »

May be about to be proved comprehensively wrong, but does anyone else have a lingering concern that this Jed and his local lower-league business chums sound just the teensiest bit, well, tinpot for a ambitious Championship-bound club? Is Jed in Banbury the top result from Sir William's extensive worldwide contact list?

There are many concerns, but we have to wait and see what it all means and who is involved. It could be the best thing ever, or the opposite. But its far too early to judge.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:24:26 »

To be honest the word stability has been mentioned. That's a good start for me.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:25:14 »

Wasn't Fitton just the chairman of Hungerford Town? I'm interesting in seeing who else is on board before writing Jed off.

Maybe we should start calling him Gerard instead?
nochee

« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:26:20 »

Who said they are lower league business men?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:29:12 »

Wasn't Fitton just the chairman of Hungerford Town? I'm interesting in seeing who else is on board before writing Jed off.

Maybe we should start calling him Gerard instead?

Exactly and he wasn't exactly short of a few quid. Worth £100 million in his own right.
Flashheart

« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:29:18 »

I want to know how much involvement the Red Indians will have
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:32:23 »

I will reserve judgment until we have a scarf above the head moment and some more details, at which stage I will decide whether the socks are to be blown off or not.

Seems a somewhat strange one, but assume the wedge is there for Mr Black et al to move on, not surprised that he is keeping some shareholding as at least means he could benefit if the ground thing ever does get off the ground.

The fact that he is a double glazing man and the speculation that a plumber is also involved is an interesting hark back to the good old days when clubs would be owned by the local butcher.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:43:10 »

This is all very interesting.

I won't judge until we know exactly who the people involved are. There's obviously a fair bit of money involved in purchasing the shares, so there's obviously some wealthy people.

Hopefully they see the potential in the club in its current form and let Paolo do his stuff. No doubt PDC will let us all know in his next post-match interview if he's unhappy!
monkey

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:43:48 »

sam believes there is a money man within the consortium
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:44:46 »

One of the guys in his consortium at Banbury is Perry Deakin, who was a big part of the reason Port Vale went up shit creek, obviously he may not even be apart of this consortium but that's just my pessimistic twopenneth on the situation.

For those wondering, I'm led to believe Perry Deakin is not part of the consortium set to take over at Swindon Town.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:45:59 »

For those wondering, I'm led to believe Perry Deakin is not part of the consortium set to take over at Swindon Town.

And thats good news! Don't want any former scum employees on board.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: