Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311962 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 07:57:50 »

One paper says we are going into admin, another says we are signing Bradley Wright Phillips on loan. Got to love the media!

You should be in media. Your shit stirring doesn't help at times ;-)
lambourn red

« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:06:23 »

I just can't work out what putting the club into admin is going to achieve for Black . If what we are being told is true and that the club has no debt to anyone except the investors what is he going to gain by doing this ? It all smacks of a guy who has got a lot of financial issues and needs some cashflow quick it just does not add up. I hope all this posturing is to speed up the process and certainly one player sale could pay the costs for the next few months but surely that is not the answer as we will get less money for say Ritchie if he is offered as the sacrificial lamb
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:16:38 »

This will go right down to the wire. It's gonna be a case of who blinks first black or mccrory. Black will not finance the club beyond January. After that the club is unsustainable and will either have to borrow money or sell players. The end of January co insides with end of the transfer window and thus beyond this the only option will be to borrow money or not to pay the bills. It has also been stated that black is selling a large chunk of his controlling state, not all, this is not because he still wants to be part of it but more so that its easier to sell a controlling stake and also in the hope that later on he will be able to sell the other part at a higher price to try to get more of his money back. McCrory holds all the cards as he knows the seemingly desperation of black to sell and that after January the value of blacks assets will go down unless he changes his mind and funds us beyond. So McCrory will happily let black sweat it out. Also I believe McCrory will happily let this go beyond the transfer window deadline as it also eases pressures on him no introduce money to invest in players that Paolos wants. Obviously I don't know who the consortium is behind McCory and maybe black doesn't either, it could even be wray and Fitton, but on the face of it it does seem like Macclesfield taking over man utd.

On an optimistic note of speculation this could be a blinding bit of business by whoever is behind this consortium. Send someone in who can on the face of it only just afford the club, get the best price accordingly and then reveal the consortium is flippin loaded, oh dear black you could have asked for more but I doubt us swindon fans will be that lucky.

This is one hell of a game of poker!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:24:06 »

Morshead's tweets last night sounded ominous rather than optimistic... getting a little worried.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:35:11 »

Morshead's tweets last night sounded ominous rather than optimistic... getting a little worried.

I think he just expressed one way the situation could pan out. It could could also quite easily go the other way. The truth is Sam don't know and neither do we.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:37:55 »

I'm starting to get a bit fed up of all this speculation and just want something certain to happen now. One minute we have 4 parties interested and the next Black's not going to fund us, nothing's agreed and we're going into administration. This really is the problem with 24 hour news coverage, the internet and crap newspaper reporting (The Daily Mail to name but one!). I think now I'd rather be kept in the dark until a decision's made whichever way it goes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:53:44 »

This will go right down to the wire. It's gonna be a case of who blinks first black or mccrory. Black will not finance the club beyond January. After that the club is unsustainable and will either have to borrow money or sell players. The end of January co insides with end of the transfer window and thus beyond this the only option will be to borrow money or not to pay the bills. It has also been stated that black is selling a large chunk of his controlling state, not all, this is not because he still wants to be part of it but more so that its easier to sell a controlling stake and also in the hope that later on he will be able to sell the other part at a higher price to try to get more of his money back. McCrory holds all the cards as he knows the seemingly desperation of black to sell and that after January the value of blacks assets will go down unless he changes his mind and funds us beyond. So McCrory will happily let black sweat it out. Also I believe McCrory will happily let this go beyond the transfer window deadline as it also eases pressures on him no introduce money to invest in players that Paolos wants. Obviously I don't know who the consortium is behind McCory and maybe black doesn't either, it could even be wray and Fitton, but on the face of it it does seem like Macclesfield taking over man utd.

On an optimistic note of speculation this could be a blinding bit of business by whoever is behind this consortium. Send someone in who can on the face of it only just afford the club, get the best price accordingly and then reveal the consortium is flippin loaded, oh dear black you could have asked for more but I doubt us swindon fans will be that lucky.

Once you get an idea in your head it just runs and runs, doesn't it? Talk about jumping the gun.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 08:55:59 »

Where has it been stated that Black only wants to sell his controlling stake, but leave some money in? Apart from littlered's over active imagination that is.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:03:01 »

Remember when Fitton et al took over? It seemed very on and off as well. I seem to remember the day before the actual takeover happened there were reports that the deal was off, and then the next day it was all done and dusted.

Difficult I know but patience really is key here.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:05:29 »

Remember when Fitton et al took over? It seemed very on and off as well. I seem to remember the day before the actual takeover happened there were reports that the deal was off, and then the next day it was all done and dusted.

Difficult I know but patience really is key here.

Agreed. There is still potential for a postive outcome
nochee

« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:08:47 »

Read this with the ever increasing speed of the crystal maze music going on in the background of your mind, fantastic  Cheesy
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:14:10 »

Once you get an idea in your head it just runs and runs, doesn't it? Talk about jumping the gun.

Won't disagree with ya. I don't even think we will know the outcome by Thursday. Would love to be a fly on the board room wall at the moment.
Flashheart

« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:32:13 »

This is fun.

When these new guys do takeover I think their first action should be to put the club up for sale again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:36:24 »

I think today will be the day for the takeover to be finalized too, some wierd feeling my waters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 09:37:40 »

This is fun.

When these new guys do takeover I think their first action should be to put the club up for sale again.

Noooooooooo
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: