Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312134 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:50:58 »

Just out of interest and i dont know the answer but how many companies has Fitton been director of
Don't have the number to hand but lots. Hence why I said it may not mean anything. It's more the size/nature of the companies and what happens to them that gives the clue
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:51:55 »

Just out of interest and i dont know the answer but how many companies has Fitton been director of
I am pretty sure it was about 15 last time I heard.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 21:16:20 »

Had Fitton stayed on after we were relegated, we would of had Paul Hart as full time manager instead of PDC which is a scary thought imo, so I can't say I would be over the moon if Fitton came back, as I would be living in fear of Hart/Malpas part 3 when PDC eventually does go.
Flashheart

« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 21:18:34 »

Had Fitton stayed on after we were relegated, we would of had Paul Hart as full time

No
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 21:19:03 »

Not sure what to make of this statistic either, given 13 still active directorships:

"The total cash in bank at active companies where this person currently holds a position. 125 GBP"

Is that 125 Giga British Pounds? Like kilobytes, megabytes ... gigabytes? Must be enough dosh there for PdC and enough left over for Mr. Black.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 21:20:08 »

Had Fitton stayed on after we were relegated, we would of had Paul Hart as full time manager instead of PDC which is a scary thought imo, so I can't say I would be over the moon if Fitton came back, as I would be living in fear of Hart/Malpas part 3 when PDC eventually does go.

Seeing as Hart left with two games to go that season, with Fitton still In charge, I'd suggest not.

Things get better but they never get good
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:13:05 »

Seeing as Hart left with two games to go that season, with Fitton still In charge, I'd suggest not.

Think your find that the first thing Wray did when he took over was get rid of Hart, while Fitton had offered him the job full time before he decided to quit.

so I suggest so...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8998690.breaking_news__swindon_town_sack_paul_hart/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:15:23 »

Think your find that the first thing Wray did when he took over was get rid of Hart, while Fitton had offered him the job full time before he decided to quit.

so I suggest so...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8998690.breaking_news__swindon_town_sack_paul_hart/
He didn't, he offered to boot him upstairs as DoF, probably in an effort to save on compo. Which Hart declined.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:22:17 »

I thought from the reports that the money men behind the offer were as yet un-named and one at least wanted to be a silent partner.  The name they have is probably just a bone for now, and even if he's the main man for decision making, it sounds similar to the original consortium that took over 5 years ago, with Fitton being the least wealthy of the gang and being in charge of a much lower level football club.  In fact, it's all sounding very similar!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:42:40 »

Is it time to dust off the orange beanie yet?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:45:02 »

As I said earlier on the thread, I'll wait until there is a picture on the pitch with scarves above heads 

#VivaKenBarlow!
König

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:20:16 »

If Black has been trying to sell since the summer, can we assume that talks with interested parties have been going on for a while? Or that 4+ potential new owners have just come along at once? It all seems very rushed for a process which effectively started in the summer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:38:11 »

If Black has been trying to sell since the summer, can we assume that talks with interested parties have been going on for a while? Or that 4+ potential new owners have just come along at once? It all seems very rushed for a process which effectively started in the summer.

Who knows what has been/is going on. I'm surprised at the apparent rush on getting the deal done. Not sure how or why we went from 'more funds available in Jan/3 year plan still on' when Patey took over to cut off by Black and seemingly desperate for a quick sale a month or so later.

Or why walk away now rather than in the summer, meaning the saleability of the club would be reduced if this deal falls and players are sold.

But it is what it is. Whatever that is.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:40:09 by Batch » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 23:46:00 »

Got a bad feeling this "deal" could drag on for a few more weeks yet and we may have to sell a player to fund us for the next month or so. Fingers crossed we don't.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 00:25:38 »

Dear TEF,

RELAX

Kind regards,

Costanza
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: