Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311796 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:25:16 »

Here we go again, I have no doubt that the BBC have some basis for this but I wish they would get some fact before they release headline grabbing statements.

I do wonder whether their desperation to release the 'exclusive' means they release things when they have half a story when an hour or so checking would make things so more accurate.
Flashheart

« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:27:17 »

Well, it's a completely different accusation. And a bit rich considering sonic was slamming the BBC for supposedly being inaccurate over basic facts. Pot, kettle and all that

You're still being obtuse
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:29:00 »

From all I can see is the negativity has stemmed from one random Joe on a Banbury forum saying 'he's a bit dodgy'. There is nothing of any substance that I can find.
Well, FWIW, and I'm not saying this constitutes being "dodgy" in any way, the fact he's had 22 directorships, half of which are now dissolved, and all of which seem to be of pretty small concerns, was what worried me more than random Banbury-based slurs. And given he's only a front-man it may well be nothing at all to worry about
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:31:25 »

From all I can see is the negativity has stemmed from one random Joe on a Banbury forum saying 'he's a bit dodgy'. There is nothing of any substance that I can find.
i'm more concerned about this

[url width=717 height=270]http://i.imgur.com/Au3aHRh.png[/url]
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:31:42 »

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/obtuse

Very strange word is obtuse.

Edit..............22 directorships Eek
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:33:33 »

clearly i've misunderstood, so why not just correct me instead of being obtuse?
Because I didn't realise you'd misunderstood. I'd assumed you were just jumping on the general "Yah boo sucks any local pressperson who dares say anything less than positive about our sacred club is a witch and must be burned" bandwagon. 7-8 years ago we were crying out for journos with the cajones to go against the party line, I'd rather have journos who are prepared to report stories the club might find inconvenient than not (Even if on this occasion, it would have been much better if they'd checked the story first)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:34:27 »

Well, FWIW, and I'm not saying this constitutes being "dodgy" in any way, the fact he's had 22 directorships, half of which are now dissolved, and all of which seem to be of pretty small concerns, was what worried me more than random Banbury-based slurs. And given he's only a front-man it may well be nothing at all to worry about

Not sure what to make of this statistic either, given 13 still active directorships:

"The total cash in bank at active companies where this person currently holds a position. 125 GBP"
Flashheart

« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:36:21 »

i'm more concerned about this

[url width=717 height=270]http://i.imgur.com/Au3aHRh.png[/url]

Ha ha

You cunt. I spent ages on google looking for something to be worried about until I spotted it.
red socks

« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:36:50 »

And some people were not happy about the prospects of  Andrew Firton returning, I know it's early days to judge/jump to an opinion but him coming back into the fold right now would be as comforting as sharing some worthers originals with a kindly uncle....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:40:29 »

Depends what line of business he is/was in... If its development for instance that's perfectly understandable.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:40:49 »

Because I didn't realise you'd misunderstood. I'd assumed you were just jumping on the general "Yah boo sucks any local pressperson who dares say anything less than positive about our sacred club is a witch and must be burned" bandwagon. 7-8 years ago we were crying out for journos with the cajones to go against the party line, I'd rather have journos who are prepared to report stories the club might find inconvenient than not (Even if on this occasion, it would have been much better if they'd checked the story first)
no bandwagon here.

i don't think that Chris Wise handled the administrationgate very well, the story was initially alarming but this was due to a lack of clarification from the club and perhaps he could have kept his cards a little closer to his chest? i think the same may apply here, throwing out a random name isn't helping anyone.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:42:48 »

no bandwagon here.

i don't think that Chris Wise handled the administrationgate very well, the story was initially alarming but this was due to a lack of clarification from the club and perhaps he could have kept his cards a little closer to his chest? i think the same may apply here, throwing out a random name isn't helping anyone.

I agree totally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:45:53 »

[url width=320 height=240]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/fil26/BOGOF.jpg[/url]
Used to be one of Burnleys "top boys" if ime not mistaken Hmmm
DRS

« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:49:30 »

Just out of interest and i dont know the answer but how many companies has Fitton been director of
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:50:12 »

i don't think that Chris Wise handled the administrationgate very well, the story was initially alarming but this was due to a lack of clarification from the club and perhaps he could have kept his cards a little closer to his chest?
Completely agree with all that and as I said at the time, he could have saved everyone a lot of bother by checking the story with the club before putting it out. So fair do's he is at fault for that. But there's been a general atmosphere of "Burn the witch" all season, mostly at Sam Morshead, now he's getting a bit of respite due to Chris Wise. I don't think it's especially healthy or conducive to open reporting of the club, personally.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: