Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311903 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #300 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:15:32 »

Wasn't Paolo Di Canio touting when he joined us that he was very friendly with the Chairman of AC Milan Adriano Galliani?

Yes here it is...

« Last Edit: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:18:23 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:18:56 »

Can't see Burlosconi/Galliani being interested. They're having to do cut backs at Milan.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:20:11 »

It wouldn't be the greatest surprise to find PDC involved in some way.  I'm not saying he is...just that it would not be implausible.  There has not been the slightest hint of discontent or concern from him about the change of ownership.  He's been uncharacteristically quiet, in fact.  Watching this space with interest.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:21:42 by Ardiles » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #303 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:25:54 »

Paolo did say that he and Phil Spencer were making some enquiries to friends and aquaintances about them buying the club. Its not difficult to suggest that Paolo would indeed be a part of the negotiations at least.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:28:00 »

I realise it's not the same Phil Spencer, but every time I read Paolo's agent's name in relation to all this, I have a vision of Kirsty Alsopp showing prospective buyers around the County Ground

"As you can see, there's real potential to do something special with this place and although the second concourse is a little disappointing, I reckon we can get this significantly under the asking price."
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:33:31 »

Paolo did say that he and Phil Spencer were making some enquiries to friends and aquaintances about them buying the club. Its not difficult to suggest that Paolo would indeed be a part of the negotiations at least.

As I understand it Spencer has been quite heavily involved in trying to source new investors. Imagine he has a decent contact book to be fair.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #306 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:39:10 »

Selling a club is a lot like selling a house. I’m glad we have Phil Spencer on board, I don’t rate that Kirstie Allsopp that much.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #307 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:44:26 »

I genuinely know nothing about the background of Phil Spencer at all other than he has been Paolos agent since his Premier League days, is he an agent for any other footballer or managers too? or is Paolo his sole client?

What is his background? Other than moonlighting for property developing TV programmes with a different face and body.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:46:30 »

I genuinely know nothing about the background of Phil Spencer at all other than he has been Paolos agent since his Premier League days, is he an agent for any other footballer or managers too? or is Paolo his sole client?

What is his background? Other than moonlighting for property developing TV programmes with a different face and body.

SPENCER Philip
PMS Sports International Limited
119 High Road
LOUGHTON, ESSEX IG10 4LT   
Tel:+44-208/418 81 23
Mobile:+44-860/626 008
Fax:+44-208/418 81 33

from: http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=eng/footballofficials/agents/peoplekind=pag.html

although according to companies house...

P M S SPORTS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
HILLCREST HOUSE
85-87 HIGH ROAD
SOUTHWOODFORD
ESSEX
E18 2QP
Company No. 03802523

Date of Incorporation: 08/07/1999

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
9262 - Other sporting activities
Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2001  (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
Next Accounts Due:
Last Return Made Up To: 08/07/2002
Next Return Due:
Last Members List: 08/07/2002
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:01:54 »

Last season Phil Spencer was the agent of alot of our squad, signing up some our young players too like Nathan Thompson and Mark Scott also brokers all our current transfer deals. Got a nice spanking new Bentley too...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:15:23 »

I realise it's not the same Phil Spencer, but every time I read Paolo's agent's name in relation to all this, I have a vision of Kirsty Alsopp showing prospective buyers around the County Ground

"As you can see, there's real potential to do something special with this place and although the second concourse is a little disappointing, I reckon we can get this significantly under the asking price."

Ha ha me too - and they'd definitely be knocking some walls down!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:29:08 »

Wasn't Paolo Di Canio touting when he joined us that he was very friendly with the Chairman of AC Milan Adriano Galliani?

Yes here it is...

Looking at that video, christ he's aged in two years! Oh, and: Paolo, it's Paolo.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
fatbasher

« Reply #312 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 14:12:33 »

It wouldn't be the greatest surprise to find PDC involved in some way.  I'm not saying he is...just that it would not be implausible.  There has not been the slightest hint of discontent or concern from him about the change of ownership.  He's been uncharacteristically quiet, in fact.  Watching this space with interest.

Good point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 15:32:58 »

SPENCER Philip
PMS Sports International Limited

PMS? That could lead to some tension...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 15:33:39 »

It wouldn't be the greatest surprise to find PDC involved in some way.  I'm not saying he is...just that it would not be implausible.  There has not been the slightest hint of discontent or concern from him about the change of ownership.  He's been uncharacteristically quiet, in fact.  Watching this space with interest.

Or the return of Wray with Fitton + new investment...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: