Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311953 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 22:34:35 »

All sounds promising at the moment, fingers crossed!

#VivaKenBarlow!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 23:05:30 »

Wonder if its gonna be blow your socks off time or meeted with scetism or darn right pesimism. On one hand I want to know more on the other hand I want to it to be kept secret reducing the chances of it going wrong.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 23:36:34 »

Fitton and Reg Smeeton. Now that's a consortium.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 01:35:36 »

This is my bit of fun at guessing who this Consortium is. The domestic Consortium and the one I believe that has got PDC all excited is Jeremy Wray, Andrew Fitton backed by Edward Wray the co founder of Betfair.

This would Get PDC all excited as he would be working with Jeremy Wray again. The two clearly got on and wray believed in pdc. Black made a comment about maybe it was a mistake to mix business with friends, so there was clearly a spat between the two. Jeremy Wray was removed from his post and did not reisgn, cant imagine this also went down well. Wray declined to sit on the current Board. Wray obviously still feels a big affinity with the club as someone else has mentioned seeing him at most matches. Also wasnt it wray who broke the story of the current board possible considering the administration, again why, surely this was not black as it was not beneficial to him. Patey was then caught on the hop answering questions again suggesting black had not planned for this situation. The club is so close to completing the ambition set out in the three year plan that PDC bought into in only two years. It could be a case of wray not wanting to give up his vision and prove he was right and black was wrong to pull out and remove him from his post. And with Edward also being a very wealth man and wanting to help his brother out. Fitton has also started to be public in his association again once more with the club and started suggesting he would not rule out a return almost touting himself to the new ownersas if he already knows who they are.

Also I have found it hard to believe with all his exposure to the media recently that no body has asked wether Wray was involved in any takeover almost as if the media have not been allowed to or asked not to.

2 + 2 = 5 doesnt it. Its just a bit of fun before people go a bit nutty over it and im waiting for the pic from SonicYouth
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 01:43:46 by LittleRed » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #214 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 06:06:09 »

I don't mean to knock anyone...just a bit of friendly ribbing.  Reg does also have an annoying habit of being right about a lot of stuff (eg predicted our relegation 2 seasons ago way before anyone else), so I'm not dismissing the cautionary noises either.  Fingers crossed.

Reg predicts relegation every season.
Flashheart

« Reply #215 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 06:16:30 »

Twatter's great isn't it?...

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
One party, believed to be a domestic consortium, is ahead in their discussions, the Adver understands
Expand

1h nick webb ‏@stfcnickw
@SamMorshead_SA whats a domestic consortium?
Expand

1h Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
@stfcnickw ie not foreign

So it doesn't mean they'll be cleaning the floors and washing the kits?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 08:33:07 »

More news today?  Another board meeting is planned, surely it will take longer than a few days, although we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes since the summer.  Will this mean the end of Sir William?
DRS

« Reply #217 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 08:45:07 »

More news today?  Another board meeting is planned, surely it will take longer than a few days, although we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes since the summer.  Will this mean the end of Sir William?
I wouldn't kill him off Ronnie
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 08:52:16 »

Think we just need to be patient - neither Black nor Watkins are stupid, they are clearly doing their best to find an appropriate investor to come in.

It's evident this process has been going on a while - presumably since SWP's arrival - and I think we wouldn't have heard a thing about it if it hadn't been for the ill-advised column from BBC Wilts last week.

Because the process and situation is now in the public domain we as fans want to know everything and crave a resolution as soon as possible. Sure the club don't want a repeat of last week and will release information more sparingly - and choosing their words more carefully - until the end of this takeover/sale or whatever it turns out to be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 09:12:32 »

I thought this was Watkins quote interesting

“Due diligence should take limited time because everything is prepared and the club records are very detailed, but time remains the issue and everything is being done achieve the time lines.”

as it does emphasise some urgency in getting a deal done, rather than pootling along to the end of the season. That's my take anyway
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 09:40:47 »

Reg predicts relegation every season.

Actually, you're wrong there. He predicted mid table obscurity for the season we got promoted from League 2 under Wise/Sturrock. Still wrong though.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 10:38:50 »

Interesting what Little Red said but I can't see Paolo and Fitton working together
Flashheart

« Reply #222 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 10:40:47 »

Actually, you're wrong there. He predicted mid table obscurity for the season we got promoted from League 2 under Wise/Sturrock. Still wrong though.

I wonder what triggered that little wave of optimism.

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 11:05:03 »

Why do I keep reading fitton is a good scout? Utter Tosh. The last thing we want is him meddling with team matters again. 
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 11:09:09 »

Why do I keep reading fitton is a good scout?

Well he's a sixer with his local troop and he has over 30 activity badges.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: