Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311879 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:02:20 »

Fuck me Reg you are all doom lately

Lately?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:03:44 »

[url width=350 height=206]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bAxCETz4Hb8/Tpsko5qrtKI/AAAAAAAAAes/UWlgS2yuiOY/s1600/054314450_were_doomed_answer_5_xlarge.jpg[/url]
amateur

[url width=400 height=225]http://i.imgur.com/dXeEyaY.gif[/url]
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:06:32 »

No, still not convinced that Morshead's witterings, are an inside line to our decision makers. He might like you to think that the case...
Barry Scott

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:07:38 »

If these reports have substance, this does all seem to be happening much more quickly than most would have imagined possible.  Perhaps things were taking place behind the scenes well before Andrew Black made his announcement.

Also, don't forget the only previous change of ownership, at least that I've ever experienced, involved a greedy board with a director who was a hateful shady cunt. Between them they had all the business acumen of your average government toff, so it's no wonder that any changing of hands previously was like swimming through molasses.

I'm more hopeful that people who actually live in the real world, might be able to sort their shit a little quicker than a fat greek, a tobacco seller and jockey.
Barry Scott

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:12:07 »

amateur

[url width=400 height=225]http://i.imgur.com/dXeEyaY.gif[/url]

[url width=169 height=168]http://i.imgur.com/DSTiB4K.gif[/url]
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:13:14 »

Every good forum needs a Reg....he feels he has heard it and seen it all before i suspect.

It is ONE of the reasons our crowds remain slightly disappointing in times of goodness.........just because many on this forum may be happy that the club is being sold so quickly,others realise that this has happened many times before and sadly ended up being a complete waste of time.

I will reserve judgement until the facts are made public....but i am glad that it looks to be a quick outcome.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:17:02 »

Also, don't forget the only previous change of ownership, at least that I've ever experienced, involved a greedy board with a director who was a hateful shady cunt. Between them they had all the business acumen of your average government toff, so it's no wonder that any changing of hands previously was like swimming through molasses.

I'm more hopeful that people who actually live in the real world, might be able to sort their shit a little quicker than a fat greek, a tobacco seller and jockey.

Equally I suspect that we also have legible books/accounts these days I suspect in the past it was back of envelope and in mikes head!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:18:04 »

OK mate you believe the scribblings of a cub Adver reporter if you want...personally I'll wait for something more concrete.

Its all we have got to go on at the moment. Sam is in dialogue directly with the club and I beleive he does no more than he has publicly stated but I appreciate what info he has given.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:18:20 »

I don't mean to knock anyone...just a bit of friendly ribbing.  Reg does also have an annoying habit of being right about a lot of stuff (eg predicted our relegation 2 seasons ago way before anyone else), so I'm not dismissing the cautionary noises either.  Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:20:01 by Ardiles » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:19:54 »

You don't have to be an old boy to have experienced the hardships of Swindon Town. The younger fans have endured plenty.

We could win the F.A. Cup and before it's even lifted Reg would bemoan the fact that Europe would stretch our side thus resulting in oblivion. Portsmouth anyone?

Hello Reg Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:43:34 »

Perhaps things were taking place behind the scenes well before Andrew Black made his announcement.

It's very likely. Businesses usually take months to sell, although football clubs seem to be very different.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:53:17 »

Twatter's great isn't it?...

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
One party, believed to be a domestic consortium, is ahead in their discussions, the Adver understands
Expand

1h nick webb ‏@stfcnickw
@SamMorshead_SA whats a domestic consortium?
Expand

1h Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
@stfcnickw ie not foreign

Hide conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More
12:36 PM - 23 Jan 13 · Details

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
An initial agreement could be reached by the end of next week, the Advertiser understands #stfc
Expand
1h Danny Dill ‏@DaddyDannyDill
@SamMorshead_SA Sam what's your understanding of "initial"?
Expand

Sweet Baby Jesus Roll Eyes
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 21:56:23 »

It's very likely. Businesses usually take months to sell, although football clubs seem to be very different.

Indeed I would imagine that this has been ongoing since the summer when he first tried to sell us.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 22:06:01 »

Very handy if, on the basis of heads of terms (if that's what is meant by initial agreement and it actually comes to fruition) someone's prepared to dip into their pocket for Martin and Hollands' extensions.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 22:24:59 »

Very handy if, on the basis of heads of terms (if that's what is meant by initial agreement and it actually comes to fruition) someone's prepared to dip into their pocket for Martin and Hollands' extensions.

I Thought there were limits in place an emergency loan players could stay at a club (90 Days). Any longer than that I would be thinking of a permenant approach to be made as the only way round this. When does the Transfer window shut and could we still be active if The sale of the club is concluded soon, guess we will find out soon enough.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: