Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311937 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:17:47 »

It's quiet on the bidders front today. No news, good news or bad news?
it's all over.
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:36:04 »

No news is no news.

Personally even if we had a buyer fully committed I'd expect this to take at the minimum weeks if not months.

Morshead seems to be under the impression things could come to a head as early as this week.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:37:14 »

Morshead seems to be under the impression things could come to a head as early as this week.

We'll see when a sale goes through. I've been wrong before once or twice Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 15:27:50 »

Interesting reading his article on the BBC about the disagreement in the board room of how to take the club forward which resulted in him leaving. I think you can safely say we would not have had PDC or some of the players we have now if AF was in charge , the big question is would AB have left anyway which I suspect is yes .

I wonder if Black would have stayed as he would not have been shelling out as much money, but equally as has been said you wonder where the club might be had he stil lbeen chair and what type of manager we would have had.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 15:29:41 »

Surely not enough time for the accountants to properly go over the books and for due dilligence to be completed and letters of intent to be agreed - although selling a football club is like buying a house apparently !!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 15:36:03 »

It's quiet on the bidders front today. No news, good news or bad news?

You have no idea of how this sort of thing works, do you?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:14:03 »

Surely not enough time for the accountants to properly go over the books and for due dilligence to be completed and letters of intent to be agreed - although selling a football club is like buying a house apparently !!
Unless this has been going on since Patey arrived and been kept secret?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DRS

« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:18:19 »

They can agree a sale now if they want and sign the paperwork as long as it had the correct condititions in ie the debt isnt higher etc.To be fair it is like buying a house in the sense you can have your offer subect to a survey :-)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:24:08 »

You have no idea of how this sort of thing works, do you?

No enlighten me
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:29:40 »

No enlighten me
well, it's an awful lot like buying a house...
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:31:38 »

well, it's an awful lot like buying a house...

Ok I've done that enough times
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:36:27 »

Patey is currently brewing coffee and baking bread whilst Black hides the big holes where they've done a bodge job on the town end under the carpet.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 16:46:16 »

Patey is currently brewing coffee and baking bread whilst Black hides the big holes where they've done a bodge job on the town end under the carpet.

i think its gone beyond that, the potential purchasers wife is now considering what colour to paint the DRS!

Incidentally don't we have our own Phil Spencer - I can feel a Location, Location, Location special coming on....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 17:01:33 »

If I was gay, and not already married (etc etc) I could marry you.  Agree with every word of that.  We have to sort our own problems out first, however.

It's not unheard of for men to leave their wives because they've been repressing their true feelings...does cause a few problems mind for the wife and kids, so yes best to sort them out first.

An ex casual bird of mine of many years ago...met and married a bloke while at uni, had a big house in the Lawns...her problem was the shame it caused when he came out, and fucked off with a bloke, was so bad she moved to O*ford.

I'd have Andrew Fitton back despite him having the worst STFC side in living memory and 2 exits to non-league sides on his CV.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 17:03:35 »

I'd have a Fitton backed consortium here in a blink of an eye. We would spend less, be less 'ambitious', but we'd be professional, as become sustainable.

I'm sure he has learnt from the Greer/Wilson things too.

He may not get everything right, but I'd be confident he wouldn't shaft the club on purpose!
Have i missed something,under Fittons chairmanship we signed Douglas,Prutton,Sheehan,Rose on high wages and paid huge sums to Hart and McParland by way of redundancy.Not what i call sustainability but i would have him anyday over SWP
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: