Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312075 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:34:31 »

I'd have a Fitton backed consortium here in a blink of an eye. We would spend less, be less 'ambitious', but we'd be professional, as become sustainable.

I'm sure he has learnt from the Greer/Wilson things too.

He may not get everything right, but I'd be confident he wouldn't shaft the club on purpose!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:36:52 »

I'd have a Fitton backed consortium here in a blink of an eye. We would spend less, be less 'ambitious', but we'd be professional, as become sustainable.

He may not get everything right, but I'd be confident he wouldn't shaft the club on purpose!
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:40:38 »

This.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:42:42 »

Fitton was right for the club 5 years ago but not now. For a start he wouldnt get on with Di Canio and not least his agent. He interered too much in football snd first team affairs for my liking. His choice of managers was poor as well bar Wilson. Is he really the right man to drive the club forward with a redeveloped CG and PDC? No. Will he offer financial  sustainability? Quite possibly. For me its a no but i do have a lot of time and respect for him after his time here.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:46:01 »

Be careful what you wish for. Nothing wrong with Fitton as a frontman, but given that he'll never be the majority shareholder, his involvement will always be dependent on who's behind him. He'll need to find friends who are in it for the long-haul next time round.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:50:33 »

Fitton was right for the club 5 years ago but not now. For a start he wouldnt get on with Di Canio and not least his agent. He interered too much in football snd first team affairs for my liking. His choice of managers was poor as well bar Wilson. Is he really the right man to drive the club forward with a redeveloped CG and PDC? No. Will he offer financial  sustainability? Quite possibly. For me its a no but i do have a lot of time and respect for him after his time here.
  Yes
DRS

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:53:10 »

Great post.Do you come here often
Barry Scott

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:08:43 »

Spot on.

Agreed.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:16:33 »

Yes.  If AF comes back with a few more rich friends then great.
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:28:07 »

Better the devil you know.....

If I had to choose between AF and some complete unknown then there's no contest. (Provided he has the financial backing of course). It's all very hypothetical anyway. He hasn't said he is coming back. He just answered the question on whether or not he would come back by refusing to rule it out.
lambourn red

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:43:39 »

Interesting reading his article on the BBC about the disagreement in the board room of how to take the club forward which resulted in him leaving. I think you can safely say we would not have had PDC or some of the players we have now if AF was in charge , the big question is would AB have left anyway which I suspect is yes .
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 13:49:33 »

It's a real shame we didn't go up to the Championship that year because I honestly think we'd have kicked on so much by now and I wouldn't mind betting that the redevelopment would have broken ground by now. Oh well.

I still think we need a Fitton style character here to make progress off the pitch and behind the scenes. We need to be the club which punches above its weight, otherwise we'll be having these same discussions in 5 years and 10 years time.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:00:58 »

It's quiet on the bidders front today. No news, good news or bad news?
DRS

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:07:06 »

No news is usually good news
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 14:16:00 »

No news is no news.

Personally even if we had a buyer fully committed I'd expect this to take at the minimum weeks if not months.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: