Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 309887 times)
DRS

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 17:53:32 »

No...I'm quite capable of serious debate about football...I'll give you examples of foreign or possibly foreign ownership of football clubs and see if you agree, that on balance, there are things thaty should concern us.

Let's talk about Stoke when they were owned by Icelanders, or Hearts and the good Mr Romanaov....Cork City and Best Holdings or someone I'm sure is close to your heart, Coventry City
Or Madjeski or the blackpool owers.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 17:57:13 »

are you kidding? it's a clear indication that he was awesome cos he is norsk

Wow, you're really domesticated aren't you.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:05:17 »

It wil certainly make it more difficult to register protest if we get shafted....no painting of Newbury driveways.

We'll have to go to dubai or italy instead.

Im sure a few could cope with that!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:07:28 »

Are that not plenty of examples of English/British owners fucking up too Reg?

Yes, of course, but ask the question why would someone want to buy a Div 3 football club? 

A question pertinent to Mr Black, who as far as anyone knows has never given an answer....we heard that Arbib was minted and wanted to return something to a localish community....Fitton and J Wray were obviously interested in football and were getting a fix for relatively modest layout. Now all gone, along with Black as well.

Think we got very lucky last time....can we really expect someone to lob £10 mill in our direction for a bit of a vanity project?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:10:38 »

We'll have to go to dubai or italy instead.

Im sure a few could cope with that!

Well if Thaksin Shinawatra makes a comeback, we'll have a man for the job.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:11:07 »

No...I'm quite capable of serious debate about football...I'll give you examples of foreign or possibly foreign ownership of football clubs and see if you agree, that on balance, there are things thaty should concern us.

Let's talk about Stoke when they were owned by Icelanders, or Hearts and the good Mr Romanaov....Cork City and Best Holdings or someone I'm sure is close to your heart, Coventry City

Or we could talk about Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Foreign owners aren't necessarily bad and can mean pissing away shit loads of money on the club (Chelsea) or running it efficiently with good financial management (Arsenal) as much as it can mean fucking the club up.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:13:49 »

I'm curious about Arbib. We were originally told he was the money behind the consortium. So was that not true, or did he at some point transfer his holding to Black? Or was his contribution a gift, rather than an exchange for shares?Anyone have any idea what Arbib actually put in?

In any case, one lesson of this pretty sound consortium is that you're in trouble if the major investors are not the football-lovers. In retrospect, that was always going to risk making their interest short-term.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:15:06 »

Well if Thaksin Shinawatra makes a comeback, we'll have a man for the job.

Alas, that cunt lives in Dubai as he'll get nicked if he sets foot in Thailand.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:21:00 »

Or we could talk about Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Foreign owners aren't necessarily bad and can mean pissing away shit loads of money on the club (Chelsea) or running it efficiently with good financial management (Arsenal) as much as it can mean fucking the club up.

It's relatively easy to see though, why you'd throw money at a top level Prem club...harder to understand why you'd do it at Div 3 level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:24:10 »

Dubai eh.....hasn't SWP got contacts that out that way? [url width=334 height=151]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/sherlockmanatee.jpg[/url]
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:35:26 »

On second thoughts though.....

His sister lives in Thailand so I could always 'send a message' through her. Security might be a bit tight, what with her being Prime Minister and all that. Will have to devise a way to get the tarmac painter thingamy onto her driveway.
DRS

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:42:36 »

It's relatively easy to see though, why you'd throw money at a top level Prem club...harder to understand why you'd do it at Div 3 level.
Maybe they want to get to the premier league
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:42:45 »

Cheaper to buy a lower league club and propel it to the top flight, the returns could be very lucrative, if done correctly. Southampton haven't done badly with foreign backing.
This is all bollocks anyway, no one has any idea who these mystery people are, so I've decided to believe it's the Saudi royal family. They are going to pump in 300 million a year, with the aim of making us European Champions and the new glory hunting club of choice.

It's All Good..............
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:47:47 »

Ive heard that too.  Im being installed as manager on account of having won the premier league in 2022 on FM.  And may I be the first to bemoan all these glory hunters.  It was so much better in the old days when you didnt have to buy tickets in advance and you bought your boots just in case you got a game.  And the food was shit.  Who wants prawn sandwiches at a football match.

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 18:54:59 »

Cheaper to buy a lower league club and propel it to the top flight, the returns could be very lucrative, if done correctly. Southampton haven't done badly with foreign backing.
This is all bollocks anyway, no one has any idea who these mystery people are, so I've decided to believe it's the Saudi royal family. They are going to pump in 300 million a year, with the aim of making us European Champions and the new glory hunting club of choice.

Do you know, I wouldn't even want that. Wouldn't be my club any more. Surely even Man U or Chelsea fans must wonder what will happen if/when their owners bail out / go to prison / die. Just spend enough to make us sustainable, a la Reading/Swansea. God knows, that will take plenty.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: