Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 310944 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 13:55:24 »

I wonder how much any potential investor would consider the manager (and manager) as part of the deal, considering most managers are not around for long. For all we know PDC could be off at the end of the season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 13:56:10 »

I hope Ken Bates isnt interested in buying another football club - although he only buys clubs on the cheap so I expect we have nothing to fear there

To be fair to Bates, Chelsea and Leeds aren't doing too badly at present and I doubt their fans will moan that much about his time in charge.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 13:58:16 »

To be fair to Bates, Chelsea and Leeds aren't doing too badly at present and I doubt their fans will moan that much about his time in charge.
Leeds fans fucking hate him
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:12:36 »

Leeds fans fucking hate him

Agree with Pauld they hate him with a passion
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:14:57 »

You've got to put that in perspective though - everyone hates him, probably even his mum.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:17:13 »

You've got to put that in perspective though - everyone hates him, probably even his mum.
Cheesy Nice one
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:56:18 »

I hate the suspense.

If I were Piers Morgan I'd bug Black's phone to find out what is going on.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:39:02 »

Think any serious buyers should be looking at the stats by this fella on twitter. fascinating stuff, Swindon coming out near the top on all of them.

https://twitter.com/experimental361

The only place we come out near the bottom seems to be corner efficiency. Maybe a hint we should stop taking so many ad hoc bloody short corners.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:47:56 »

Think any serious buyers should be looking at the stats by this fella on twitter. fascinating stuff, Swindon coming out near the top on all of them.

https://twitter.com/experimental361

I always wonder if any clubs actually use statistics like that. I get the impression they don't and are missing a trick.

Moneyball is a good movie to watch for the statistical element in baseball. Wonder if the same could be applied to football?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:49:25 »

Buyer criteria-needs lots of money, no expectation of making profit. Anyone else need not apply.
Spud

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:53:31 »

Moneyball is a good movie to watch for the statistical element in baseball. Wonder if the same could be applied to football?

Liverpool tried doing it, when they signed Carroll, Downing etc last season. Didn't quite work out though!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:54:00 »

I always wonder if any clubs actually use statistics like that. I get the impression they don't and are missing a trick.

Yeah, it's been working really well for Liverpool since John Henry and co took over Smiley
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:54:34 »

Also agree with Ardiles its a good idea to move our discussion of the sale of the club here, instead of constantly having the dark cloud of a thread titled 'administration' hovering over the forum every time you switch it on.

Incredible that almost 900 posts (and libel damages) have all resulted from one piece of shoddy and erroneous journalism by the BBC. They've got to take some serious responsibility for this; think they've got away rather lightly while we've been focusing all our attention on the FLP/ Talksport etc.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:55:33 »

Liverpool tried doing it, when they signed Carroll, Downing etc last season. Didn't quite work out though!

TBF, Downing's doing alright now though.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 15:56:57 »

John Henry has nothing to do with Moneyball
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: