Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Bournemouth v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 48992 times)
mgstfc43

« Reply #420 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 13:44:59 »

Our celebrations is something people have commented to right back to when we won at Plymouth away last season under Paolo where similar comments like "celebrated like they won the champions league" I just don't get it.

So you're a poxy club with no ambition where winning doesn't mean anything because deep down you know you're always be shite. We're not. This is football and winning means something, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was there and that goal was one of absolute sheer delight and relief - as the players were very near to us it only heightened the reaction toward our players and their efforts yesterday... they NEVER gave up and kept slogging it out until they got something..it was a brilliant end to a genuinely pulsating and exciting game... U Redssssssssss...
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 13:54:30 »

I was there and that goal was one of absolute sheer delight and relief - as the players were very near to us it only heightened the reaction toward our players and their efforts yesterday... they NEVER gave up and kept slogging it out until they got something..it was a brilliant end to a genuinely pulsating and exciting game... U Redssssssssss...
If there wasn't a few rows of seats in front of us you would of been on the pitch ! I saw one Town lad get thrown out for getting on the pitch but apparently There was only 4 arrests in total yesterday so not bad at all.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 14:24:31 »

Think this was the best away game I've ever been to

I absolutely lost my shit.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 15:54:03 »

Great day out, got interviewed by BBC crew outside the ground. Hopefully it will be on the football league show later. I mentioned the Town End forum and our adoration for Paolo. Thanks to the guy Steve from Pewsey who bought me a beer at h/t.

Oh, is that right stfcinBournemouth? I don't take kindly to veiled threats  Smug Fuck Off

Easy assumption to make if you weren't at the game, but there was no beer on sale at ht.

JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 16:01:40 »

Great game / celebrations. As has been said, felt better than the previous four results.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 16:05:53 »

Easy assumption to make if you weren't at the game, but there was no beer on sale at ht.

Or fucking pies...useless fucks!

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 17:19:05 »

Yesterday was a great day out, train from Swindon at 10 and into Bournemouth for 12.15, few beers in the centre then went to Boscombe...it was rammed at the bar so after waiting 20 mins and not getting served decided to nip next door and grab a few cans instead! As for the game, we more than deserved the draw and after getting the equaliser I thought we'd nick it! The pitch got worse and worse, so coming back from 1-0 down on that was a credit to our lads! Williams finished well after calamty James cocked up! DeVita has really come on this season, Roberts also improving! What was the groundsman doing at half time?! That soak up thing he was using did nothing, and he was doing it on one of the better areas of the pitch, both penalty boxes were drenched (no surprise Pompey was off up the road either)...Anyway, great support, was right next to them and felt I had a score to settle with that drummer from the 3-2 defeat 2 years ago, so gave him a few of these at the end... Smug Fuck Off

Happy days, onwards to next week!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #427 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 19:33:50 »

Not sure if I'm qualified to comment on the away game at Northampton as I wasn't there but

coming from 2 down away at the Manor and from 4-1 down at Brum were a couple of my favourite (if a little booze induced) away-day memories

and I would imagine the Zulus were a bit more miffed than the Cobblers!!!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 20:57:10 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/13/david-james-bournemouth-swindon-league-one
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 21:09:08 »

James changed from a green to yellow shirt during the half time break, bet there wasn't many fans who noticed that yesterday.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 21:11:36 »

James changed from a green to yellow shirt during the half time break, bet there wasn't many fans who noticed that yesterday.

I did! Friends laughed it off as me being too hungover to remember what colour shirt he was wearing in the first half!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 21:13:51 »

I did! Friends laughed it off as me being too hungover to remember what colour shirt he was wearing in the first half!!
Fair play, was going to say a few of their fans would of noticed but none of ours.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 21:53:06 »

obv allowed then?? Seems questionable to me even if they asked the refs permission. Plus they were the home team. Re James when I saw them come out I found myself staring at James?! I now realise why? Bar the rain it was a good day.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 08:24:57 »

Although it felt like we could have won given the chances we missed, can't lose sight of the fact that a draw was a very creditable result against a good side in shocking conditions. Keeps this little unbeaten run going, hopefully we can get the right result against the Shrews next week to give us a bit of leeway going into that tough stretch of away games.

Lot of people around us slating Roberts all game - even laughably haranguing him after McCormack gave the ball away - personally thought he played well and has improved markedly since December. Ditto for Martin.

Also special mention for Foderingham - regardless of the missed chances he kept us in the game with that incredible save in the second half. Given he's barely had more than the odd cross to catch in about a month it was pleasing to see him react so quickly - easy to forget what a difference it makes having a top drawer keeper like him.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:59:15 »

Also special mention for Foderingham - regardless of the missed chances he kept us in the game with that incredible save in the second half. Given he's barely had more than the odd cross to catch in about a month it was pleasing to see him react so quickly - easy to forget what a difference it makes having a top drawer keeper like him.

Never thought of it like that, good point and well made.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: