Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend sign the Goat  (Read 1133 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 00:08:29 »

Southend United have pulled off the capture of Shaun Goater on a one-year contract.

The former Manchester City hit-man had become disillusioned at Reading last season, after they refused to play the striker in his 50th appearance for the club due to a clause that meant they would owe Manchester City £50,000.

Goater admits that he considered retirement before the persuasive words of Southend manager Steve Tillson changed his mind.

"Steve said to me that as long as I feel okay in myself to play and that my body is fine then don't let what happened at Reading cloud your judgement," Goater told the Southend website.

The 35-year-old Bermudian boasts an impressive record, scoring 249 goals in 521 career starts.

Now Tillson will hope that Goater and Freddy Eastwood can strike up a deadly partnership to fire newly-promoted Southend into a competitive position in League One.

And Goater admits he is excited by the prospect of playing alongside Eastwood, who scored 21 league goals last season.

"Partnering Freddy certainly excites me even at this point in my career. He looks set to have a massive career in the game playing at the highest level and I know what that's all about and hopefully I can teach him and learn as well

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=296247&cpid=11&CLID=&lid=5&title=Southend+sign+the+Goat&channel=league_1

Danjackson10

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 01:05:46 »

could be a great signing for them!?
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 05:01:17 »

he's way past it, feed the Donkey and he will miss.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 09:12:29 »

i reckon he'll provide them with some vital goals...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 09:15:15 »

He'll be a good player for Eastwood to play off aswell.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 09:22:43 »

Not going to hit the top of the scorers table but I would reckon he'll give them a steady 12 odd goals, plenty of experience and an ideal player for Eastwood to bounce off.

Should help them keep a good footing in the league.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 11:15:28 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
a decent player for Eastwood to bounce off
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 16:29:31 »

I rekon he will be a disaster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: