Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Brentford Stadium  (Read 9524 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:30:54 »

Crying shame that they are getting rid of a famous "pub on each corner" ground, with some quirky stands, for a generic Doncaster/Northampton/Colchester/Scunthorpe nondescript pile of concrete

I just don't get everyone's obsession with a new ground at Swindon.

The County Ground has history, pubs nearby, and is not too far from the town centre.
Why does everyone want to move to the M4 and pretend to be Reading ?

Maybe another tier on the Town end, or a roof on the bank, but let the rest be
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:33:12 »

Crying shame that they are getting rid of a famous "pub on each corner" ground, with some quirky stands, for a generic Doncaster/Northampton/Colchester/Scunthorpe nondescript pile of concrete

The County Ground has history, pubs nearby, and is not too far from the town centre.

Everyone?
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:35:34 »

Everyone?

Ok then, some people
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:37:27 »

Couldn't agree more, but I don't think anyone (or anyone that I have heard recently) is wanting us to move out of town.  Redevelop, but don't relocate.  The ground is great where it is...but we could have the best of both worlds.  A modern, town centre stadium that you can walk to.

For what it's worth, I think Brentford's plans look pretty good for that reason.  They're not looking to move to the back of beyond either...just a few hundred yards up the road.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:44:06 »

I haven't heard relocation mentioned since the Shaw Tip debacle.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 00:02:20 »

or new, modern, and better? Their ground is shite

New and modern yes, better depends what sort of ground you like.

Old school type is better IMO every time
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:53:50 »

I'm with sonic...it's only a few hundred yards away...

Colchester is an example of how shite it can turn out.

Clems Army!
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 09:26:25 »

This

Revenue streams can fuck right off. How many businesses are going to rent office space in a recession. Biggest misnomer going that it would help the coffers. Sod it, stay where we are.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 09:56:34 »

This

Revenue streams can fuck right off. How many businesses are going to rent office space in a recession. Biggest misnomer going that it would help the coffers. Sod it, stay where we are.

I don't know where to start. Are you suggesting STFC would be better off not redeveloping the County Ground? Only way to go if our aim is to establish ourselves in the Championship in the coming years in my opinion.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:30:47 »

This

How short sighted! There's no way we can increase our revenue with the existing stadium. If we want to push on and survive the higher leagues we need to increase our facilities and capacity and the only way to do this is to develop the ground. I'm sure the powers that be will research it and not make the mistakes of other clubs such as Coventry and it will, ultimately, be of benefit to the town as well as to the club.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:50:03 »

Good point DPorter,

but have we reckoned in the psychological damage done to die hards if we leave the County Ground, or revamp it out of recognition. I will put it on the record, and invite other Town fans to do the same, if we leave the County Ground, that's it for me, finished, no more. I don't want a business park drone existence. Either the County Ground or nothing for me. If Chairman Patey is reading, that's how the majority feel, forget ideas of suburban nothingness
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:54:56 »

Good point DPorter,

but have we reckoned in the psychological damage done to die hards if we leave the County Ground, or revamp it out of recognition. I will put it on the record, and invite other Town fans to do the same, if we leave the County Ground, that's it for me, finished, no more. I don't want a business park drone existence. Either the County Ground or nothing for me. If Chairman Patey is reading, that's how the majority feel, forget ideas of suburban nothingness

a) Don't claim you speak for the majority

b) Redeveloping the ground does not have to involve leaving the CG or 'a buisness park drone existence'. When it has been mentioned in the past this board have specifically said they have looked at any new project being at the current site.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:57:55 »

if we leave the County Ground, that's it for me, finished, no more. I don't want a business park drone existence. Either the County Ground or nothing for me.

Every cloud and all that

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:06:50 »

Should we knock down the drs and stick the  shrivvy road tin shed back there. Nostalgic bollocks. The past means nothing going forwards
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:07:52 »

Good point DPorter,

I don't understand what you mean by 'psychological damage' - surely a die hard fan is exactly that and would continue to support their team whatever? Change has to be embraced! Although we all like the CG as it is let's face it, it's not particularly hi-spec and it really needs updating in places. I love being in the Town End and the atmosphere there and i hope some of that would be retained if they redevelop but either way i'd still have a season ticket as it's my team and you can't just change who you support overnight. By stopping going you would only be cutting off your own nose to spite your face!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: