Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2013....the year ahead  (Read 11091 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 18:17:03 »

Well you know where to come if you want some advice, Rich Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 18:28:31 »

Well you know where to come if you want some advice, Rich Smiley

Cheers Sam. I'll bear that in mind.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 19:41:07 »

Every year I say I'll lose weight and not use so much bad language - every year I get fatter and fouler. The only resolution I keep is to be more grumpy. My kids say I always succeed in this one.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 19:46:25 »

I'll try and do none of the stuff you lot are doing, sounds boring.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 20:08:26 »

2. Reduce stress and improve patience - especially with the kids - start meditation course on 14th Jan

Whilst I don't have kids and I'm sure don't have as stressful a life as some do on here, I can wholly recommend meditation for reducing stress. I hate pseudoscience like homeopathy etc. with a passion, but Meditation actually works- working my way up to a black belt in karate, I've used the meditation techniques I was taught by a random 3rd Dan instructor over the course of 3 days WAY more than the actual karate I've learnt over 7-8 years.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 21:33:28 »

Lose another half a stone in weight so that I can say I am 12 stone something for the first time in about 15 years.

Generally get a grip on our finances - i.e. hunt for better mortgage and insurance deals etc.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 21:33:51 »

I hope to do the following this year:-
1) Get my divorce sorted   Bye  ex wife
2) Get a pay rise or a new job
3) Start saving a decent amount of money
4) Drink less on match days.  Sad     Pint
5) Make an effort to lose weight ( i have lost 2 stone in a year through stress of my marriage break up ) but i'm still fat.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 21:58:24 »

Whilst I don't have kids and I'm sure don't have as stressful a life as some do on here, I can wholly recommend meditation for reducing stress. I hate pseudoscience like homeopathy etc. with a passion, but Meditation actually works- working my way up to a black belt in karate, I've used the meditation techniques I was taught by a random 3rd Dan instructor over the course of 3 days WAY more than the actual karate I've learnt over 7-8 years.

I've meditated on and off for years but the issue as with most things is time. I thought if I sign up and pay for a course then I am more likely to do it as opposed to waiting until I'm stressed and its too late.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 22:13:43 »

Me and my wife want to see more of the world and in these tough economic times the good old Uk will probably suffice...so much we want to see...Lake District,Norfolk Coast to name just two.

Also i will endeavour to stop work dictating my life so much...which might make me a tad more less grumpy.

Also i aim to get at least one more hours sleep a night....i get by on about four or five at present but an extra hour per night equates to seven extra a week which equates to an extra long nights sleep Cheesy

Good luck and best wishes to you all.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 22:31:45 »

I'm supposed to be getting married on the 25th May but its not booked yet!!
Also after a horrendous year work wide I start a new job as a teaching assistant in a school I love next week and am also staying on 10 hours a week at Asda cause I secretly quite like it
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 22:34:46 »

I'm going to mumble more and eat some toast.

/
W56196272
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 01:03:08 »

I want to finish the book that I have been writing shortly, and aim to publish it on Amazon and other places, so I am getting quite excited / nervous about how it will go, but I have thought about doing it for a long time then one day I thought fuck it and just started writing the bloody thing and its currently up to 43,000 words with another 3-4000 still to be written.  So most of my goals are around trying to promote and market the thing....   

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 01:14:01 »

Lose weight, get fit and get a new job!

#VivaKenBarlow!
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 01:30:06 »

I'm supposed to be getting married on the 25th May but its not booked yet!!

I know that like most blokes, my thoughts on getting married consist of must remember to buy new tie and must turn up to the service, but even I think that you are cutting it fine!!

Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 07:07:36 »

With another sprog on the way and with the misses finding a new job, I have some enforced changes coming. More sociable working hours, drinking less which will also mean excercising to help me sleep at a reasonable time. Stuff I really should be doing anyway so I'm quite pleased it will become compulsory.

2012 was a considerable improvement upon recent years but still didn't live up to its potential. If I can be healthier, fitter and more alert I'm hoping to take advantage of more of what 2013 has to offer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: