Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22083 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:57:43 »

Neighhhhh...that cannot be right surely.

Hoof had thought it eh? The rolls they use for the burgers are thorough-bred though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:05:40 »

When Black and co brought the club and paid off the debts would they have paid off the bills and put the money the coughed up on the clubs balance sheet as a long term liability owed to themselves?

Also in order to bring in financing for the new stadium  Patey said a while back he was trying to get Wray/Fitton to write off debt owed to them.  Would it need Black to write off a large sum due to himself?

They put the money in via the holding company, which in turn loaned the money to the club to clear the debts - so it still shows as a debt in the club accounts. So Fitton and Wray's money is in the holding company, the others want to write some of that money (i.e. the loan) off so the club is a more attractive investment for others.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:09:24 »

That Cunt Steve Claridge was at the game today, bet he still won't have much good to say about us.

corrected for you
adje

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:11:44 »

Only negative was hoards of Town fans leaving before the end-embarrassing.Amazing display from Collins but Devera and Ward again were brilliant throughout.Miller was the weak link first half in my opinion-Ferry gives us industry and ball possession,but Hollands is his perfect foil.Roberts looked determined when he came on and was impressive.Thats 2 games for me,2 5-0 wins!Good to see Sonic/Santa.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:13:40 »

They put the money in via the holding company, which in turn loaned the money to the club to clear the debts - so it still shows as a debt in the club accounts. So Fitton and Wray's money is in the holding company, the others want to write some of that money (i.e. the loan) off so the club is a more attractive investment for others.

Cheers.  Guess we have no idea how much they are haggling over?  I trust the money Black/Arbib put in is also in the holding company?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:22:10 »

1st half seemed really long, probably due to the hangover from last night and the 2pm kick off made it seem surreal, anyway 2nd half we were fantastic, all over them and ended up with a 5-0 win! Collins was brilliant when he came on and deserved the 4 goals he got. A happy start to 2013, lets kick on now!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:44:38 »

Hoof had thought it eh? The rolls they use for the burgers are thorough-bred though.

Are you sure they aren't cobs ?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:56:14 »

Only negative was hoards of Town fans leaving before the end-embarrassing.Amazing display from Collins but Devera and Ward again were brilliant throughout.Miller was the weak link first half in my opinion-Ferry gives us industry and ball possession,but Hollands is his perfect foil.Roberts looked determined when he came on and was impressive.Thats 2 games for me,2 5-0 wins!Good to see Sonic/Santa.

Agree about Miller. He's too similar to Hollands and playing them together limits our attacking options. Hollands is the in-form player so Miller should be kept on the bench for now.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:10:24 »

I swear the build up and goal for Collins third was one of the best I have seen....excellent ...most excellent.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
fatbasher

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:16:32 »

I would not have been overly surprised at another 5-0 before the match, but am surprised after the 1st half.

I was predicting a tight narrow win, even after we trounced Tranny 5-0 and are on a roll. I was still of the opinion right up until we scored.
Coca Fola

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:18:29 »

Was it the Portsmouth bench?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:20:25 »

The recording of random bits of the game in the hope of catching a goal is a strange old phenomenon.

Does get good results sometimes like this one, cracking ball from Macca
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:21:43 »

The recording of random bits of the game in the hope of catching a goal is a strange old phenomenon.

Does get good results sometimes like this one, cracking ball from Macca

Think that guy caught all the goals tbf

http://www.youtube.com/user/zeldja/videos?view=0

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:27:17 »

Another piece of trivia, courtesy of the excellent online archive at swindon-town-fc.co.uk.  Today's 5-0 was a joint record win vs Portsmouth.  The 5-0 scoreline happened on two previous occasions, the most recent of which was 99 years ago.  On that occasion, we also had a single player (called 'Rogers') scoring 4 of the 5 goals.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Portsmouth
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:31:26 »

Another piece of trivia, courtesy of the excellent online archive at swindon-town-fc.co.uk.  Today's 5-0 was a joint record win vs Portsmouth.  The 5-0 scoreline happened on two previous occasions, the most recent of which was 99 years ago.  On that occasion, we also had a single player (called 'Rogers') scoring 4 of the 5 goals.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Portsmouth

Could do with bringing Billy Tout out of retirement to be our penalty taker

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=TOUTBILL

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: