Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22082 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:12:17 »

The first half really was something of a non-event, the atmosphere was poor, even Roy Walker was off the boil.

2nd half was fantastic, the sort of 45 minutes of football that convince me we are good enough to win this league. Collins looks every inch the 20 goals a season striker that I think will be vital in us being there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Obviously there are a couple of negatives but worrying about them after 2 consecutive stuffing's seems a bit pointless. The fact we can put teams away this easily without going through too many gears bodes well. As already pointed out, Bournemouth away will be vital, but right now I fancy us to turn over anyone in this league. Without checking, I think we have conceded the least amount of goals in all 4 leagues, if it ain't the least then we are not far off.

For the first time since he has been coming to football my lad said he can't wait until Saturday now, I fully agree.

I reckon Sid was looking down on us for this one, bless you mate. An evening of celebratory Budweiser awaits.

Happy New Year TEF
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:16:41 »

Oh, yeah, if they are looking to go, I'd at least be confident they're more likely to do it in the right way. Unlikely to see any BEST Holdings with this lot (I hope)Yes it is. I didn't mean he was actually that bad, he just sets my bullshit alarm off. Just sounds all a bit too pat, and somehow I never quite believe him. Even when there's no reason to doubt him.  

Perhaps we were spoilt with Jeremy Wray, who I would have back at the drop of a hat, but he does come across as a dour sort of guy and I still have no idea how his diplomacy skills have helped us thus far or will in the future.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:17:01 »

The first half really was something of a non-event, the atmosphere was poor, even Roy Walker was off the boil.

I think Roy Walker came up with a song in reply to the tv's own Ropy Walker one but none of us could understand him.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:25:47 »

On the few occasions I have heard the new Chairman, he's not impressed me.  Doesn't  sound like he knows or understands football.  And if there is no news on the stadium, why ever not?  Not good enough to say 'no news'.  'News' on that front now long overdue.

A small fly in today's wonderful ointment.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:26:05 »

I think Roy Walker came up with a song in reply to the tv's own Ropy Walker one but none of us could understand him.

I overheard his conversation with Kojak who stands next to him, apparently he's on a diet, which means less ale, which means less noise and a greater understanding of what is left and what is right.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:27:06 »

Very bitty first half, a better side may well have punished some of our slack marking down our right. The left side never got going today and RDV had his worst game for a while.
Completely different story in the 2nd half, as though we suddenly remembered where we left off last time out. Incredible from Collins, not witnessed anything like it in my lifetime, not to mention consecutive 5-0 wins!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:29:28 »

I overheard his conversation with Kojak who stands next to him, apparently he's on a diet, which means less ale, which means less noise and a greater understanding of what is left and what is right.

That's a fantastic shout.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:30:35 »

Got to give a big thanks to the groundstaff. It certainly didn't look like we've had all that rain over the last couple of weeks.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:31:26 »

Liked the chant from Pompey fans....."We lose every week, We lose every week....you're nothing special.....We lose every week!"

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:35:55 »

Some funny chants from the pompey lot today. As others said the first half was a bit meh. Williams should never have been booked for that 50/50. The subs proved to be the turning point of the game, this is first I've ever seen us win 5-0 back to back. I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. I was slightly disappointed with the lack of noise from our support we were totally outsung, but other then that happy with the result. Onwards and upwards.  Cheesy
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:36:55 »

Very bitty first half, a better side may well have punished some of our slack marking down our right. The left side never got going today and RDV had his worst game for a while.
Completely different story in the 2nd half, as though we suddenly remembered where we left off last time out. Incredible from Collins, not witnessed anything like it in my lifetime, not to mention consecutive 5-0 wins!

RDV said on twitter that he wasn't feeling well and that probably explains his poor performance.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:42:16 »

Some funny chants from the pompey lot today. As others said the first half was a bit meh. Williams should never have been booked for that 50/50. The subs proved to be the turning point of the game, this is first I've ever seen us win 5-0 back to back. I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. I was slightly disappointed with the lack of noise from our support we were totally outsung, but other then that happy with the result. Onwards and upwards.  Cheesy

Our support is shocking. 5-0 up and you could hear a pin drop (when the Pompey fans were quiet for a second). It was never like this in my day  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:43:26 »

What an excellent Jekyll and Hyde match.

Thought it was going to be a 'next goal wins' match.

I swear the build up and goal for Collins third was one of the best I have seen....excellent ...most excellent.

Can't wait for the next match.

Ive got that funny feeling we might kick on now.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:44:50 »

RDV said on twitter that he wasn't feeling well and that probably explains his poor performance.

No time for that....not feeling good? Then you don't start or sub off. I reckon Martin must of had the Noro virus since he signed!

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:49:40 »

Can't wait for the next match.

Ive got that funny feeling we might kick on now.

I'll be most dissapointed if we score less than 5 a game for the rest of the season now.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: