Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21873 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:38:16 »

Just red on Twitter that James Collins is the first Town player to come off the bench and score a hat-trick... let alone 4.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:50:14 »

In the 1912 FA Cup semi final we drew 0-0 with Barnsley....Tout our penalty taker was out injured and we missed the penalty..........lost the replay 1-0 at Meadow Lane Notts and Barnsley went on to beat West Brom 1-0 in the final.........down the road to them at Brammal Lane Sheffield.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 22:45:49 »

Only negative was hoards of Town fans leaving before the end-embarrassing.
Seconded - cringeworthy but we still need those "fans" too. 

Thought our noise levels, TE apart, were poor generally and noticeably so after Tranmere.  Enjoyed the self-mocking "we sing when we want" from the TE as the goals finally started to go n.

Wish we'd ban drums and surprised that a proper club like Pompey go for that.  Interesting that we always win when they are brought.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 22:46:52 »

If we keep winning when drums are present... Maybe we should get one...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 23:05:24 »

Keep seeing this incorrect "fact" Orient had a drum..
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 23:18:55 »

Cheers.  Guess we have no idea how much they are haggling over?  I trust the money Black/Arbib put in is also in the holding company?

Think it all has gone in via the holding company. There was a loan from Arbib directly to the club but I believe that got rolled in with the rest of it, one way or another. Don't think anyone knows how much each of them put in, guess the holding company accounts might show something.

The impression I got is that it's Black and Arbib that put the most in and recently it's been Black on his own. With Black wanting the write down on the previous money as a condition of continuing to provide the bankroll, the argument being the club isn't worth anywhere near the £10m plus that has been put in. I could be talking crap though.
Barry Scott

« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 23:19:42 »

Seconded - cringeworthy but we still need those "fans" too. 

People who get on their high horse about this annoy me. I often go early because I'm sick to the back teeth of waiting forever to get out of the carpark - I'm guessing thanks to Heath and safety.

I think leaving 5 minutes early gets me home at least 30-40 mins quicker.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:04:54 »

Think that guy caught all the goals tbf

http://www.youtube.com/user/zeldja/videos?view=0

and very grateful to him/her am I  Smiley especially since nowt on bbc - wtf ?!
its also an interesting angle to film from - you see the quality of the passing
for the assists.

hope the poor sod doesnt waste his time filming us playing towards the bank tho ;-)
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:06:10 »

Just dug it out on swindon-town-fc.co.uk

6 NOV

Reading (Home)

5 - 0

Lawton, Rogers 3, Brown

Merthyr Tydfil (Home) FA CUP

5 - 1

East 4, Smart

20 NOV

Mansfield Town (Home)

6 - 2

East 5, Rogers

o boy i remember those games so well  Smiley
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:09:52 »

and while i'm here i want to add that pompey played some excellent forward stuff in first half,
several clever moves in and around the penalty area that we would do well to develop.

having said that I have never seen so much holding of players outside of corner kicks like
what went on today - and not a single one got punished  Sad

that affected us inasmuch as our tactics BF (Before Ferry) were long balls to the front men,
who were held every time they then tried to turn...

and geez, from watching the youtube goals, didnt macca make some amazing contributions
to those goals  Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:56:41 »

Nice to see us attacking the town end 2nd half again! back to back 5-0 victories, more of the same Saturday please!

#VivaKenBarlow!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 08:14:44 »

Nice to see us attacking the town end 2nd half again! back to back 5-0 victories, more of the same Saturday please!

Yes, like v Tranmere in fact!

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 08:20:12 »

and very grateful to him/her am I  Smiley especially since nowt on bbc - wtf ?!
its also an interesting angle to film from - you see the quality of the passing
for the assists.

hope the poor sod doesnt waste his time filming us playing towards the bank tho ;-)

I watched the goals on Sky Sports News 'Goals Express' programme at 7 last night.

They even showed Paolo ripping the ball out of Collins' hands and him holding the scarf above his head after the game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 08:25:32 »

After watching the last 10 of our goals, interestingly, all 10 of them (I think this is right) have been scored from inside the box. To me it looks like we have been working extra hard on finishing/poaching in the box, and it appears to be having the desired effect.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 11:12:53 »

Have we ever had three 5-0 wins on the trot?

That 65/66 could certainly score goals, but was inconsistent....prior to the 5's v Reading, Merthyr and the 6 v Mansfield, we'd put 4 past Rovers, 6 past York and 3 v Peterborough at the CG...in some ways similar to now, in that it's either win big, or mess up against modest teams who park the bus. In between those 24 goals in 6 games, was a 0-1 defeat to a very negative Gillingham...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: