Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21877 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 09:22:19 »

2-1 defeat.
Dozno9

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 09:23:15 »

RIP Sid

As I missed the Tranmere game because of a dry and tepid works do I want a destruction of Portsmouth. I also work with a few pompey fans so tomorrow will be slightly more enjoyable if we do win.

4-0 with Williams banging in a hat-trick.

COYR
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 09:37:36 »

2-0

Ritchie, Williams
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 09:38:47 »

I've got a good feeling about this.  2-1 Swindon COYR
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 09:40:22 »

Fuck it, Going to go for a 6-0 win with  att:10342 (481 away supporters)

482?Huh? You have missed a 1 off the front I reckon. 12,123 in attendance with over 2000 Pompey.

Hope that cunt with the bell has got the novovirus

Another 5-0
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:26:21 »

The opponent:  Portsmouth

Firstly I wish all on the TEF a happy and prosperous 2013.  I must admit, part of me was glad the Boxing Day fixture didn’t go ahead as I had done very little pre match research, mainly due to the recent festivities and a far larger amount of Stella than I initially expected to drink, they have reduced the percentage on it a bit though, what’s all that about then? Colchester however was another matter, I had done my research, typed it up with just a few tweaks needed, and they go and call that one off too, bastards. I hope everyone on here had a decent Christmas and got enough socks, boxers and Lynx giftsets to keep them going until next Christmas. Past New Years Day matches have been well attended but can produce a subdued atmosphere, I guess this is down to most of us having a skinfull the night/week before, so if you wake up half pissed, have a couple more to see you through, and don’t forget to bring the scarves. The atmosphere against Tranmere was fantastic, more of the same this afternoon please.

Today’s opponent, Portsmouth were formed way back in 1898, and although they are well known for their blue shirts, they started out with a fetching salmon pink shirt, white shorts and maroon socks.  Now it would be not harsh on Pompey to say they have had their fair share of troubles in recent times, and with some of the financial misdemeanours we have witnessed first hand at our club, I do find myself empathising with some of their loyal and passionate fans, although when a dogs dick such as Andonikou is appointed to try and find a buyer for the club you can almost hear another nail being driven firmly in to the coffin of a once great club all the way in SN5. I hope for the sake of the Portsmouth fans happier times off the pitch lay ahead in 2013.

The best known chant sung by Portsmouth supporters is the Pompey Chimes (Play up Pompey, Pompey play up) and is widely regarded as football's oldest chant still in use today.  The origins of the Pompey Chimes lies with the Royal Artillery FC, Portsmouth's most popular and successful football team for much of the 1890s, who played many of their home games at the United Services ground in Burnaby Road. The nearby Guildhall clock, completed in 1890, would strike the quarter hours and the referees would use the clock to let them know when the match should finish at 4 pm. Just before 4 pm the crowd would lilt in unison with the chimes of the hour to encourage the referee to blow the whistle signifying full-time. Imagine trying to work out ‘Fergie Time’.

Portsmouth itself has a population very similar to Swindon, with 205’000 inhabitants at the last count, interestingly, Portsmouth has a higher population density than London, now thats what you call cramming them in. Some of the famous sons and daughters that Portsmouth has to offer are Sir Isambard Kingdom Brunel,  Rudyard Kipling, for very tall British PM James Callaghan, Kim Woodburn of How Clean is Your House fame and my favourite, William Tucker, trader of human heads.

What are they saying about us? –  

“I'm thinking of going. I know we are going to lose, but think I'll still go”

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=473094

Portsmouth Last 6 –  LLDDLL (Portsmouth currently sit 21st on 21 points)

The Threat – Now Izale Mcleod has departed, Portsmouth have drafted in ex Saint David Connolly, not sure of his eligibility for this but the 35-year-old has scored 129 goals in 382 club career appearances, which suggests he is more than capable at this level.

A Warm Welcome Too – Former Town stopper Phil Smith, who has signed a short term deal with Pompey. Not sure who Paul Benson can turn out for today, if anyone, but a very warm welcome back to Benno either way.

The irrelevant stats – Portsmouth have only won 5 games so far this season, with just 2 of these away from Fratton Park, they have scored 15 times away from home with McLeod scoring a chunk of these and have conceded 20 goals at an average of nearly 2 a game.

Head to Head – We have played Portsmouth in the league on 53 occasions, and honour’s are even with 20 wins each and 13 draws.

The Odds –  Swindon 2/5    Draw 7/2    Pompey  7/1  (Bet365)  Seems like another big price for an away upset, not one that I will be backing mind. Williams, Martin, Collins and Rooney are all 9/2 to score 1st with Bet365, David Connolly is priced at 12/1 with the same firm. Anyone fancy another Tranmere style thrashing? Best price is Stan James offering 50/1!

Sid Says – Not a lot now, sadly Sid has rolled a 7 and is no longer with us, I think he over did things a bit over the last week or so and was found upside down in a very dead state, RIP non-mystic one. I have give my 7yr old boy the chance to carry on the predictions and at 11.37 on 31/12/12 he predicted 3-0 to the mighty reds. If he proves to be a failure then he will be replaced with my deaf schizophrenic kitten.

The Prediction – I have a good feeling about this, Budweiser inspired I give you, but a 3-1 win is on the cards, with goals from Williams, Martin and De Vita, 10’456 in attendance with 1645 travelling up from Hampshire.

And Finally –  The first known dry dock in history was built at Portsmouth? It was constructed in 1495 during the reign of Henry VII . The port’s links with royalty go back far further, however: it was Richard I who in 1194 granted Portsmouth its charter – he also had a dockyard built there.

COYR COYR COYR

Keep them coming...good to read them.....3-1 Town with a shock first goalscorer....like Devera maybe.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:26:27 »

We'll win 3-0 today de vita and ritchie with 2. Pompey will bring a fair few with them and are loud (where loud when i used to live there) we'll have a crowd of about 12,500.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:34:10 »

Going to be a big crowd today. Went to by my tickets online, had to go in the bottom bit of the DRS. Only upper seats were out in the flanks.

Going to be hungover, if that cunt with the bell is there I'm punching things. 2-1 pompeii

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:44:27 »

Is parking free in Swindon multi-storeys on Bank Holidays?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:46:00 »

Right off to the pub
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:47:51 »

As is me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 10:58:38 »

Is parking free in Swindon multi-storeys on Bank Holidays?

Doubt it. We/I always park in Gorse Hill when driving. Usually loads of street parking. There's an actual car park behind the co-op which is free too, doesn't fill up untill quite close to kick off.

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 11:00:25 »

what is parking at Tesco like now?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 11:07:42 »

4-1 Town with 2 for Williams and 1 each from Ritchie and Ward. The crowd should be near to 12,000 with Pompey not far off selling out the Bank and Arkells
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 11:14:49 »

4-0 to Swindon 12850 in Attendance, Ritchie, martin 2 and williams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: