Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Banners/Scarves/in honor of Paolo  (Read 12867 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 10:20:48 »

Agree with the last comments re PDC's parents, let it go!!  However, I think a show of scarves, banners etc. when the team comes out - expecially just before kick-off - is a good idea, anything to get an atmosphere going after the crap music that is played before games is a good idea in my book.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 10:35:12 »

Bring back Loud and Proud that was ace  Wink

Fortunately the alternative Quiet and Ashamed is still going strong  Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:30:57 »

I was in the Arkells for the Tranmere game Courtesy of Sonic, who couldn't be arsed to take up his sponsor's suite tickets and Flash, who organised it).
At the end of the game, when PdC came on the pitch, the sight of the DRS with scarves aloft was very impressive. Also, the noise from the DRS, Town End and even the Arkells seemed much louder than when I'm in my usual seat in the DRS. Maybe it's an acoustics thing?

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:34:30 »

It was louder than usual Herthab...the team performance that night inspired the crowd to new noise levels!
Brilliant in the Town End.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:39:02 »

Christmas cheer certainly helped. Great move, moving it to Friday night. As someone said on page 1, folks should be half cut upon entering the ground!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:39:35 »

It was louder because everyone was pissed. Fully support the compulsory pre-match drinking.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:41:44 »

I was in the Arkells for the Tranmere game Courtesy of Sonic, who couldn't be arsed to take up his sponsor's suite tickets and Flash, who organised it).
i hope you had a good time whilst i was freezing my arse off.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:54:50 »

i hope you had a good time whilst i was freezing my arse off.
It was very pleasant. Much more civilised than mixing with the hoi poloi. The cushioned seats were an added bonus.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 12:13:45 »

No fred in your ear either Cheesy
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 13:12:33 »

Sounds like a load of self righteous bullshit to me and a bit of an insult to the fans that do home and away every week and already sing their hearts out for the team, but each to their own.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 13:33:22 »

Everyone should still be tanked up from the night before on New Years Day, and the fact Pompey will bring a few...should be another good atmosphere on Tuesday!

#VivaKenBarlow!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 14:03:19 »

Everyone should still be tanked up from the night before on New Years Day, and the fact Pompey will bring a few...should be another good atmosphere on Tuesday!

The other alternative is that everyone will be hungover and feel like shit.  I always struggle with games on New Years Day and the earlier kick off won't help.
Barry Scott

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 14:07:19 »

The other alternative is that everyone will be hungover and feel like shit.  I always struggle with games on New Years Day and the earlier kick off won't help.

Jesus, didn't know about that - that could've been doubly worse. Dragging my sorry arse to the CG to find it started an hour earlier, would've been a touch annoying.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 14:21:14 »

Fucking load of bollocks that the old bill want the game 2pm.

That means i have to put up with listening to that cunt with the bell even earlier
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 14:54:48 »

Jesus, didn't know about that - that could've been doubly worse. Dragging my sorry arse to the CG to find it started an hour earlier, would've been a touch annoying.
I reckon a few haven't picked up on the 2pm KO, my mate a ST holder said he was would be meeting me up at the normal 12pm. Was suprised he wanted to miss out on an hours drinking time but it was just that he thought it was the usual 3pm KO. Now meeting at 11am so all good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: