Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic AFC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21129 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 22:18:45 »

PS not being aggressive there - just arguing point. Just re-read and didn't want anyone to get in a wiggie!

Get in a what?!

Moralistic cunt

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 22:19:55 »

Never buy them on the train, I'm one of those take a few in a plastic bag kind of people or a crate on an away day!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Coca Fola

« Reply #212 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 22:54:32 »

Over billy sharp, cox and blackstock? I wouldn't be so sure on that, reckon we could get him until the end of the season
If he had the choice of us or Coventry he would choose Coventry without doubt.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 10:14:17 »

Can't see why everyone was so down on Oldham, had a decent time up there. Not as cold as all that and the town was alright in the evening, if a bit quiet. Not a race riot in sight.

As for the football the game was a bit shit but we did play some nice stuff in patches. We looked like we were playing down to their level initially - as we tend to do - and the goal seemed to snap us out of it.

Impressed with Thompson who continues to improve, De Vita was quality and that's the hardest I've seen Ritchie work in a long time. Put in good crosses when he had the chance but it was his work off the ball in the first half particularly when we'd lost possession that impressed me.

Our various strikers have a lot of good and complementary attributes and strengths, unfortunately 'sticking the ball in the back of the net' is one they all seem to lack a natural gift for.

Also thought Miller stood out in his brief 10 minutes at the end - would like to see his partnership with Bostock in the middle renewed on Friday - our most dominant midfield performance was when those two played against Stevenage and we'll need that against Tranmere I think.

Roll on the Christmas period, the top 10 in this league are so tight at the moment we could make a significant move - one way or the other - between now and Jan 2nd.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 10:51:25 »

Only just recovered from a pretty messy weekend after a huge night out Friday and 3 hours sleep I somehow managed to get myself up and on the bus from manchester to oldham for the game. I also somehow managed to bring with me my girlfriend (a leeds fan), 2 Wigan fans, a non football fan, my old man and a United fan brought his 2 year old to his 1st ever live game! Fair play to the Oldham stewards on the gate who let him and the kid in for free when they arrived 10 minutes in.

As routine a win as you'll ever see and we definitely took our foot off the gas 2nd half. However, it's important to point out that the work rate did not drop, we were constantly hassling and winning the loose balls in the middle of the park, completely dominated their midfield and show some great technical touches. We should have buried them 2nd half but guess we didn't need to.

Highlight for me was my mates little un trying to shout, "come on reds!", magic!
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 11:28:00 »

Blimey, we would have arrived 10 mins late if we'd known it would save us 40 quid!!  Cheesy

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 11:35:28 »

Did you have a stupidly cute 2 year old in arms? Think that may have been the reason they were so soft
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:24:24 »

No - he's 22 and too heavy for me to carry!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:41:34 »

Highlight for me was my mates little un trying to shout, "come on reds!", magic!

Was that the same little lad who got the We Are Paolo's Red n White Army chant going during the first half? Thought that was fantastic and a highlight of the match for me (other than a routine 2-0 win of course).
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 16:21:05 »

Was that the same little lad who got the We Are Paolo's Red n White Army chant going during the first half? Thought that was fantastic and a highlight of the match for me (other than a routine 2-0 win of course).

No, at 2 years old I don't think he's got the lungs for that!
cib

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 20:13:30 »

Not a lot to add to what's been said, Oldham were dire. Reminded me of us when we were last in this league, without Austin.

Subdued atmosphere but the game didn't really take off and we were more than comfortable. Thought Ritchie/De Vita/Hollands were our best players on the whole although the rest played well too.

Teaching a few Oldham supporters, the victory gave me something to look forward to during lunch duty.

The league is unbelievably tight, we just need greater consistency and to be more clinical in front of goal. The Oldham fans mocking our finishing drills pre-kick off sums it up. It has cost us points at Notts County and by most accounts Doncaster, lack of confidence or something else?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 21:10:34 »

that's the hardest I've seen Ritchie work in a long time. Put in good crosses when he had the chance but it was his work off the ball in the first half particularly when we'd lost possession that impressed me.

Agreed - even when Ritchie's crossing and scoring is below par, I think his off the ball impact is often overlooked and he plays his part in clean sheets

Roll on the Christmas period, the top 10 in this league are so tight at the moment we could make a significant move - one way or the other - between now and Jan 2nd.

too true.  I think it is vital we are still in the chasing pack as we enter the home strait in January
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 21:31:14 »

Another super away 3 points... Really dont think that was De Vita's goal though having seen the highlights...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: