Poll
Question: Rory Fallon sh it or sh it hot  (Voting closed: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:16:49)
Sh it - 13 (61.9%)
Sh it hot - 8 (38.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rory Fallon  (Read 20610 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:16:49 »

Sorry I was gonna write a post about Rory, but I think I'm in the wrong area, cos judging by Saturday's performance he isn't a player.  Not really sure what he is but there's no way he's a professional footballer.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:19:20 »

I think it is pretty fair to say he is dire.....not just on satruday either!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:26:35 »

He's definitely not the answer to any striking problems (injuries, suspensions etc) we may encounter.

Do we have any up and coming youngsters (aside from Caton) who could be in with a shout any time soon?
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:29:12 »

Leigh Henry looks good but i think he may be a while off yet.  So in answer not really at the mo.

I think King should include Caton a bit even if just to give Fallon an even bigger kick up the arse.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:19:55 »

Quote from: "Titch"
Leigh Henry looks good but i think he may be a while off yet.  So in answer not really at the mo.

I think King should include Caton a bit even if just to give Fallon an even bigger kick up the arse.

I think he was referring to strikers, and Leigh Henry certainly isn't a striker!  There is no way Caton is ready for first team football.

I think you guys are quick to leap on Rory's back.  His performance at Kenilworth Road last season in particular was fantastic.   Granted, the times I have seen him this season I sometimes wonder if we'd have been better off with Alan Reeves up front, and his stature does encourage our defenders to start the dreaded long ball game.

I think it's premature to be calling him shit and asking for his replacement, and as a backup striker he's bloody good - superior to Stevenson/Opara/Sabin anyway!!
McLovin

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:30:15 »

Sabin > Fallon
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:31:51 »

Not sure why i started talking about Leight Henry either!! I agree Caton is not ready but what i was thinking was that if he thought a youth player was going to push him for a place on the bench then it may make him buck his ideas up!

Fallon has probably only had a few good games i would say.  He is ok coming off the bench as long as he works his bollocks off which at times i wonder wether he does!  I also think we do expect a lot because of just how good SSP is and how good Roberts is looking, but i am not sure that is a bad thing!  

As long as he is on the bench to come on i am fairly happy but i just don't like him starting.  Of course i am more than happy to be proved wrong!!

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:45:58 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Sabin > Fallon

Absolute rubbish.  It is very easy to glorify the past when looking back on it, but things may not have been quite so rosy whilst you were experiencing it.

Fallon has scored some monumental goals, not least the very nearly winning goal against Brighton at the Withdean in the playoffs.  He also scored the winner against our tremendous comeback against Sheffield Wednesday, which arguably has sparked a mini-revival in form for Swindon.

Titch I am inclined to agree with you.  Maybe King's tactics used with Matthew Hewlett should be employed here again, instead of dropping Fallon from the first team, drop from the bench in preference to Caton.  Thing is, this would be a very bold move, could alienate Fallon, and King is unlikely to have the foresight.  Fallon will return to form again no doubt, and I have to agree that recently with Parkin, Mo*ney and Roberts we have been spoilt with three tremendous front men, so it is no doubt Fallon fades slightly into insignificance.
McLovin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 15:10:33 »

I'm sorry, but while appreciating he has scored a few important goals, that does not make him a good player in my book.  Someone who is enthusiastic and proud to wear the red of Swindon, who is committed to the cause, and has a bit of talent will always be better than a lazy, snail-paced fairy who happened to have scored a few goals.

Do you honestly think he could re-enact that City OHK? Not a chance. The worrying thing about Fallon is that he believes he is still a good player, playing well when given a chance.  For someone who very rarely gets a start, he doesn't for me look like he makes the most of the opportunities he is given. The desire and effort is lacking in his game. If (and it's a big if) he manages to get some hunger from somewhere, he may well become a useful asset, but until that day the reserves is the only place i can see him banging them in.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 15:31:13 »

Banging them in for the reserves?  He doesn't even do that!!  Cart horse.
kizz

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 15:58:16 »

I think he's not too bad... just needs a decent run and a couple of goals to boost his confidence.

Wouldn't want to Poll him though. Oops

iven a level playing field (i.e. enough water so a shark could manouevre, but not so deep that a bear would flounder) who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:09:16 »

well hes not amazingly great but not useless. hes a useful squad player which we need to keep hold of as he can do wonders when he comes on as super sub.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:19:53 »

I like the poll option, how cool is that?  Democracy rules!!
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:21:20 »

woo hoo! first post in the town end

I cant answer th poll, because i think he's neither. A mediocore player who can change a game coming on as a sub
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:23:41 »

Is that the real Piemonte???  :?:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: