Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36399 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:44:26 »

I thought it was Martin. And so did the bloke behind told that "fucking useless fat cunt" to "fuck off back to Norwich".

That.bloke also called a black brentford player a spearchucker. Fucking twat.

And dont get me started on the cunt a couple of rows behind me, every game its moan moan fucking moan. Top yourself.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:45:15 »

Nice one.

Think PDC should start looking at his tactical decisions, before blaming underachieving players.. As someone else said, seems like we're lacking a plan B when things don't go as planned..

I don't agree with this fully if i'm honest. We had numerous occasions where we got the ball out wide and into good positions but the final ball was lacking then finally when we saw a decent delivery the chance went begging. Better execution and decision making from some players tonight could have seen us get on the score sheet. I'd certainly like us to play it on the floor more though but it seems that Paolo is trying to mix it up a bit more this season. It worked very well against Yeovil but not so much tonight.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:45:44 »

Nice one.

Think PDC should start looking at his tactical decisions, before blaming underachieving players.. As someone else said, seems like we're lacking a plan B when things don't go as planned..
He talked about that. He said that the tactics are definitely right, but some of the players aren't following instructions. I think he was saying that we half heartedly created chances in the first half but didn't put them away. The players then lost confidence and stopped creating chances full stop.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:47:26 »

One reason why we lost tonite, its down to one man, Paolo Di Canio.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:47:47 »

Did anyone else feel that our players didn't quite seem to know what they were doing with the fancy set-pieces?
Dozno9

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:48:25 »

I don't agree with this fully if i'm honest. We had numerous occasions where we got the ball out wide and into good positions but the final ball was lacking then finally when we saw a decent delivery the chance went begging. Better execution and decision making from some players tonight could have seen us get on the score sheet. I'd certainly like us to play it on the floor more though but it seems that Paolo is trying to mix it up a bit more this season. It worked very well against Yeovil but not so much tonight.

The wide play today was poor as you say but there is far too much long ball in most games, the Sheffield game was the pinnacle of that. What worked well on Saturday was Bostock knocking it wide which was missing today.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:48:40 »

Did anyone else feel that our players didn't quite seem to know what they were doing with the fancy set-pieces?

Where in Wales are you? I was in Merthyr a few weeks back.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:49:59 »

Where in Wales are you? I was in Merthyr a few weeks back.

That's a shame mate. I'm in Swansea. Whizzing along the M4 at the minute.
Dozno9

« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:50:17 »

The persistent short corner get on my tits but without Flint we don't have much threat I guess.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:50:25 »

The wide play today was poor as you say but there is far too much long ball in most games, the Sheffield game was the pinnacle of that. What worked well on Saturday was Bostock knocking it wide which was missing today.

Bostock brings the ball down in midfield. We certainly missed that tonight and we improved in that area when he came on.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:50:43 »

Very hard to tell based on listening to the game. Despite creating a few chances, we sounded pretty clueless going by the commentary.

In any case, bringing Rooney on for Roberts seems very strange indeed.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:51:34 »

Flat atmosphere. Flat performance. The only thing that wasn't flat was Chris Martin's belly.  Pint
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:52:03 »

The persistent short corner get on my tits but without Flint we don't have much threat I guess.

We are dreadful at corners.  Why we never put anyone deep is beyond me.  One of the corners in the first half was a farce.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:52:11 »

That's a shame mate. I'm in Swansea. Whizzing along the M4 at the minute.

Yeh, it was a dive, but lovely surrounding area. Had the highest population in Wales around a hundred years ago then the industry went to shite. Brecon is a nice location. Decent boozers.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:53:38 »

Maybe I got a bit too influenced by Alan Mac's constant Swindon-negativity  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: