Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Yeovil Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33273 times)
kerry red

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 17:59:39 »

PdC has an uncanny knack of assessing quickly what sort of level a player can play at.

No matter if he is a fan's favourite - the fucker shows no mercy
kerry red

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:03:12 »

Quite a few Town fans wondered why the Torquay keeper made the League 2 Team of the Year instead of Wes

And after watching him against Blackburn it makes it even more baffling - what a tame effort at saving Blackburn's 3rd
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:05:12 »

Quite a few Town fans wondered why the Torquay keeper made the League 2 Team of the Year instead of Wes

And after watching him against Blackburn it makes it even more baffling - what a tame effort at saving Blackburn's 3rd

Wonder how many more Peterborough players will go on the transfer list after today!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:06:56 »

What exactly happened during the week at Posh
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:13:42 »

Can't say i've seen much anti Di Canio stuff on here.

Oh come on mate, there's been plenty following his interviews. Nothing on here about what he's said today but then we won so who cares. Pretty much what I've been thinking all along.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:16:35 »

The Anti Di Canio idiots are a bit quiet today.

I have certain views on Di Canio, some of which are positive and some less so. They don't change based on one result. For a couple of weeks he was getting right up my nose and I wouldn't have cared if he'd fucked off. The last couple of weeks have been much better though and I don't feel like that now. Am I an 'anti-Di Canio idiot'?
kerry red

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:17:57 »

Your view is bending with the results obtained.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:19:31 »

PDC interview:
- First 20 mins we have to be better
- Showed more guts today
- Dont want to be arrogant but we need to be more nasty and do much better
- We need to do much better job of killing games and be greedy in front of goal
- Good win after some poor performances at home
- We improved tactically individually, although we did play tippy tappy which I dont like
- Worried when Williams went down. Fortunately initial tests show its not ligament damage
- He's starting to recover which is a good sign. He will be checked properly in 24 hours
- Angry with Macca for losing the ball, which led to a goal
- When you are a defender you have to defend. Its only when you have space and time that you can do more. Its difficult though as it was his first game back
- Darren Ward looked strong: He won everything in both boxes despite them being a bigger side. Took his goal like Gary Lineker
- Because we were focussed and determined we were able to come out on top
- Ward and Devera did a fantastic job
- Ward's toe poke came at a good time as they were dangerous having come back to 2-1
- Collins took goals well. I will kick his bottom as he could have worked harder for the team. When he scores early in the game he thinks he's done his job. Pleased he scored twice
- Happy with Hollands and Martin. Hollands has greater fitness which was known. We will need his skill in the middle in the future
- Martin needs to eat a little bit less and work a bit harder. We can joke about this. He is a good footballer and he needs the type of environment we have to improve himself
- Looking forward to Tuesday in a positive way. We now have the quality in the squad to be able to cope with quick turn arounds now
- PDC needs help from the more experienced players. We have to be strong when playing teams around us
- Very pleased with today.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:20:29 »

I have certain views on Di Canio, some of which are positive and some less so. They don't change based on one result. For a couple of weeks he was getting right up my nose and I wouldn't have cared if he'd fucked off. The last couple of weeks have been much better though and I don't feel like that now. Am I an 'anti-Di Canio idiot'?

Not really, but your views are dependent on results. Pretty much like everyone else's (including mine). Just think some of it has been pretty OTT, especially based on where we were when he took over and where we are now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:21:10 »

PDC interview:
- First 20 mins we have to be better
- Showed more guts today
- Dont want to be arrogant but we need to be more nasty and do much better
- We need to do much better job of killing games and be greedy in front of goal
- Good win after some poor performances at home
- We improved tactically individually, although we did play tippy tappy which I dont like
- Worried when Williams went down. Fortunately initial tests show its not ligament damage
- He's starting to recover which is a good sign. He will be checked properly in 24 hours
- Angry with Macca for losing the ball, which led to a goal
- When you are a defender you have to defend. Its only when you have space and time that you can do more. Its difficult though as it was his first game back
- Darren Ward looked strong: He won everything in both boxes despite them being a bigger side. Took his goal like Gary Lineker
- Because we were focussed and determined we were able to come out on top
- Ward and Devera did a fantastic job
- Ward's toe poke came at a good time as they were dangerous having come back to 2-1
- Collins took goals well. I will kick his bottom as he could have worked harder for the team. When he scores early in the game he thinks he's done his job. Pleased he scored twice
- Happy with Hollands and Martin. Hollands has greater fitness which was known. We will need his skill in the middle in the future
- Martin needs to eat a little bit less and work a bit harder. We can joke about this. He is a good footballer and he needs the type of environment we have to improve himself
- Looking forward to Tuesday in a positive way. We now have the quality in the squad to be able to cope with quick turn arounds now
- PDC needs help from the more experienced players. We have to be strong when playing teams around us
- Very pleased with today.

Top man Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:23:02 »

Really good performance, with the spine of he team particularly strong: Ward and Devera were solid, Ferry and Bostock (surprisingly, with Bostock playing the deeper of the two) used the ball well throughout - Bostock must stay in this side. Collins (taking two very good finishes aside) was the best I've seen him. He showed touches that suggest his confidence is returning. I loved Willams goal too....there are very few goals that you know are coming...that was good fun.

Paolo's post match huddle in the centre circle was new. I like it. I liked today....bring on Tuesday.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:23:41 »

Williams:
- Knock is sore. Tried to stay on but was giving him pain
- Knock on knee from jarring when keeper clipped his ankle
- Disappointed as things were going well at the time.
- Tend to struggle when he has more time to think about it. Probably not the nicest finish in the world but was pleased to see it go in
- Been a while since he scored last. More concerned about overall performance.
- Doesnt know whether he'll be fit for Tuesday

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:27:23 »

Collins:
- Pleased with 2 goals. Long time coming
- Devera set him up for the first one. Working in training on getting across the defender. Worked out.
- DeVita set up for second goal
- Top scorer with 8: Great honour. Lads create so many chances, so thanks to them.
- Want to concentrate on climbing the table
- Competition for places going to be tough with Martin there. Can see that he is a great player. Competition keeps you fresh. Sorry to see Benson go as he is a good friend of Collins
- Martin is a very clever player. Enjoyed playing with him
- PDC said if we keep going with same determination with the quality we have we'll keep moving up the table and be there or thereabouts at the end of the season

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:28:24 »

People need to realise that picking up on-not liking the things Di Canio has done and said doesn't make them anti the bloke.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 18:28:32 »

Cheers NMH.

For the record - some of PDCs interviews and actions irritated me last year and this. That's not the same thing as being anti-DiCanio. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have as manager.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: