Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Hat Linux  (Read 1584 times)
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 21:47:24 »

Does anybody here use this (either personally or at work)?  What are your thoughts on it?  I have an interview with them, and although I have heard of them and seen them about, have never used Linux so am going into it with limited vision.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:55:37 »

No help whatsoever, but I used to work with this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Cox

I say work with, I mean he worked in Swansea and I worked in Cirencester. They were a bit clever but, well, look.

I know. Cool story bro.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 23:43:14 »

Um..If I was going for a job with someone, I'd hope i'd know at least the basics of what they do. Don't want to sound harsh but really ,asking here?  I use ubuntu sometimes fwiw. I like asteroids, it's better fun than hearts.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 00:23:04 »

Not sure anyone can add anything you won't find from Google.

Red Hat make the de facto enterprise Linux, it's commercial but there are some open source forks from it. Never used it myself and I'd guess it's primarily used in corporate environments where they want a commercial Linux with support.

Might be worth hunting down one of the Linux version / fork charts - they show all the different versions and what they are based on or forked from. About the only way you can make sense of all the different Linux, Unix and Unix-like builds.

Not a fan of Linux myself though I do use it a fair bit for appliances, especially for web hosting.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 16:02:49 »

Cheers guys.  Just to clarify, I know what they do, but as I have never used linux myself so am not able to talk to them with the same level of confidence about their products as I would ideally like.  I was only wondering if anybody on here used it as we seem to have a number of members who work in IT.

Shame it isn't Microsoft.  I would be more than happy to talk to them about what works and what doesn't!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: