Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30060 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:24:02 »

anyone still awake?

I as per don't have a fucking clue.

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:25:02 »

"Alan McCormack ‏@almc16
@siferrythe3rd cads text me n told me. I cudnt believe it. U were on fire today lad.
 View conversation"

Caddis there today then?

adje

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:25:27 »

Did he just say he was the best manager in the world?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:25:43 »

"Alan McCormack ‏@almc16
@siferrythe3rd cads text me n told me. I cudnt believe it. U were on fire today lad.
 View conversation"

Caddis there today then?
either that or at home. sounds as if McCormack didn't travel though
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:25:56 »

Great 3 points, sounded very comfortable, up to 6th and 3 points from second. Happy days.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:26:46 »

anyone still awake?

There's an interesting pattern, that a lot of the teams, there or thereabouts, seem like us to be better away from home.  No idea why.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:27:00 »

"Alan McCormack ‏@almc16
 View conversation"

Caddis there today then?

Not exactly far for him, so wouldn't surprise me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:28:31 »

Hmmm, I actually think although he was whinging he was setting expectation that the boardroom target for this year is league 1 survival, and next season to go for it (presumably extra financing dependant).

I say fuck that, we are 3 points from second and have had injuries. Lets fucking do it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:29:15 »

The PDC post match rant:
- Wasnt the best game.
- We created another 5-6 clear cut chances
- A draw would have been good
- We did our job properly. The players focussed and concentrated
- Today more than ever we came out with intention to press forward and higher and get a quick start to damage them and destroy their confidence
- Good start
- Every player can improve in his career. Ferry is still young but can improve through getting in goal scoring positions. Think he can get 6-7 goals per season, which he hasnt done before.
- Second goal killed the game
- Back 4 were fantastic. The best in the team. Didn't make any mistakes in the first 45 mins.
- Second half was easier for us.
- We're in the same position as last year, but last year PDC had the backing of the board. This year we are luckier to be where we are because we have used more young players
- Storey is a good player but he has been affected a bit by people saying he could be in the Premiership. However, right now, he doesnt have the touch of a League One player, let alone a Premiership player. He will improve under PDC though.
- Last year PDC was presented with 5 youth players who were touted as the next greatest thing. Where are they now? They are nowhere. Only one is playing in L2 and has scored only 1 goal!
- Basically he was having a rant about people in the club over valuing some of the youth and questioning why PDC wants to bring in other players when there are youth players who could step up. He basically said they are not ready.
- Massive rant about PDCs spending. Complained that in the last 2 years spending he has spent 1/2 as much as one team who got promoted from L1 last year.
- We are in a better position than he thought considering the amount of injuries.
- Clarified that he wasn't saying that the board had told him that they don't want to go up this year. Everyone can say we want to go up. If it happens this year then its fantastic. The club are trying to build proper foundations so that they don't repeat mistakes of past.
- He is just being realistic. Next year is more realistic than this year but he will do his best.
- Now its difficult to find players as other teams have already taken quality players.
- Targets that they had before. Some flew away because of a variety of factors. Not having the embargo lifted sooner has ruined some opportunities.
- Gary Madine scored yesterday. 'I don't know who he is?'
- Joe Riley. 'He's a good right back.'
(He was trying to be coy about Riley & Madine)

« Last Edit: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:33:01 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:30:40 »

Bloody hell I can understand Di Canio more than Ferry!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:31:54 »

Ferry:
- Doesn't get much better than that!
- 2 is the best he has ever got in a season
- Quality that we have on the wings should mean that Ferry scores more
- Walsall kept trying to pass the ball despite being behind
- They were deflates after the 2nd goal
- Has enjoyed being captain

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:32:14 »

- Targets that they had before. Some flew away because of a variety of factors.

so we must have been in for Sparrow...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:35:28 »

Good result. 2 games away with Bostock playing in centre mid, no goals conceded. Doesn't suggest to me that he is a defensive liability when he is in there.  I really hope we get him in permanently in January.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:40:07 »

so we must have been in for Sparrow...
Thats why I typed it literally. Think that PDC was being a bit playful at that point. He was being careful with his words. It struck me as a strange phrase to use after he had paused and thought how to explain himself.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 17:40:37 »

The PDC post match rant:
- Wasnt the best game.
- We created another 5-6 clear cut chances
- A draw would have been good
- We did our job properly. The players focussed and concentrated
- Today more than ever we came out with intention to press forward and higher and get a quick start to damage them and destroy their confidence
- Good start
- Every player can improve in his career. Ferry is still young but can improve through getting in goal scoring positions. Think he can get 6-7 goals per season, which he hasnt done before.
- Second goal killed the game
- Back 4 were fantastic. The best in the team. Didn't make any mistakes in the first 45 mins.
- Second half was easier for us.
- We're in the same position as last year, but last year PDC had the backing of the board. This year we are luckier to be where we are because we have used more young players
- Storey is a good player but he has been affected a bit by people saying he could be in the Premiership. However, right now, he doesnt have the touch of a League One player, let alone a Premiership player. He will improve under PDC though.
- Last year PDC was presented with 5 youth players who were touted as the next greatest thing. Where are they now? They are nowhere. Only one is playing in L2 and has scored only 1 goal!
- Basically he was having a rant about people in the club over valuing some of the youth and questioning why PDC wants to bring in other players when there are youth players who could step up. He basically said they are not ready.
- Massive rant about PDCs spending. Complained that in the last 2 years spending he has spent 1/2 as much as one team who got promoted from L1 last year.
- We are in a better position than he thought considering the amount of injuries.
- Clarified that he wasn't saying that the board had told him that they don't want to go up this year. Everyone can say we want to go up. If it happens this year then its fantastic. The club are trying to build proper foundations so that they don't repeat mistakes of past.
- He is just being realistic. Next year is more realistic than this year but he will do his best.
- Now its difficult to find players as other teams have already taken quality players.
- Targets that they had before. Some flew away because of a variety of factors. Not having the embargo lifted sooner has ruined some opportunities.
- Gary Madine scored yesterday. 'I don't know who he is?'
- Joe Riley. 'He's a good right back.'
(He was trying to be coy about Riley & Madine)

did you hear him say he was the best manager in the world?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: