Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Sell.  (Read 5121 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 18:32:20 »

Good golfer who plays out of Wrag Barn....not really gone onto big things that was expected when he reached the British Amateur golf final around ten years back...basically scratching a living in about Div 3 of the golf league in recent years.

Three brilliant rounds in the second(of three)qualifying stages in Spain has put him in prime position to go to the final stage in Spain in a fortnights time.....a top twenty finish there will get him a tour card for the main European Tour...and maybe who knows we will have two Swindon lads on the tour.
These qualifying stages are tough...full of real quality players desperate to join the big boys.....lets hope he gets the job done tomorrow(only a major disaster will stop him) and he can go to Spain in two weeks and give it a real go at the final hurdle.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/qualifying/season=2012/tournamentid=2012993/leaderboard/index.html

I wish him luck.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 20:26:55 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=41335.0

Not the first time Sell has featured on the TEF.....what happened to Sam Matton, Leefer?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 23:24:37 »

He failed to qualify from the first round of Qualifying.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 20:04:46 »

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/qualifying/season=2012/tournamentid=2012995/leaderboard/index.html

Sell is 26th after five rounds......25th and ties gets him in the Premiership of golf.

One last round tomorow....consolation if he makes top 40 but not 25 is a place on the challenge tour....that is like the Championship of golf.....he is currently playing LGE 1 so a massive day for him tomorow.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 13:09:23 »

Nick Dougherty in 150th, deary deary me
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 14:27:10 »

Unfortunately he finished 42nd - had an awful final round and dropped twenty six places.

No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:14:43 »

Good finish for Sell who finished around 15th place on his debut on the Challenge tour in Kenya.

Making the cut just, two solid weekend rounds including a final 4 under round will earn him a few quid....a top twenty finish on the season overal will see him join the Elite on the Europeantour
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:35:42 by leefer » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:14:34 »

For any golfers....Brinkworth have an open day on the 30th of March(Easter Saturday)....and its free golf for all.....decent little course.

You can google Woodbridge Park for details or gt in touch.....theclubhouse@woodbridgepark.co.uk

It is bound to prove popular if the weather is decent so get n early if you fancy it......obviously i dont know if there are any catches.....but it was advertised as an Open Day.....with free golf for all.
fatbasher

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:51:13 »

On the basis that said golf course would resemble Yeovils pitch after I've been playing it's better that I decline this generous invitation.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 20:02:41 »

On the basis that said golf course would resemble Yeovils pitch after I've been playing it's better that I decline this generous invitation.

They want some new bunkers...so come along Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: