Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warsaw Away  (Read 5444 times)
RedOx

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:44:53 »

As Walsall itself is a shit hole and only has one pub in walking distance from the ground, is anyone stopping off and having a beer around New Street?

Or can recommend any drining establishments from past experience?   Beers
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:47:13 »

The only place I've been arrested and thrown in the cells.

Twas a long time ago but, understandably, I've hated the place ever since.

PS I got a £25 fine for disorderly conduct (pissed)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:57:05 »

The social club at Walsall can accomodate 300 away fans apparently. Would be keen to know if fans are meeting in New Street too as this is a game i'm also attending.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:58:46 »

The only place I've been arrested and thrown in the cells.

Twas a long time ago but, understandably, I've hated the place ever since.

PS I got a £25 fine for disorderly conduct (pissed)

Happens to the best of us Kerry, at least once. Slap on the wrist and off you go laddy.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 17:05:47 »

It was quite surreal. After I was let out - obviously after the coaches had left - I asked the desk jockey if there were any other Swindon fans arrested who may be able to give me a lift back.

One fella very kindly offered me a ride and we met up with 3 of his mates outside the station and headed straight for the nearest pub.

We'd only been in there 5 minutes when my recently released new best mate was convinced a couple of fellas at the bar were looking at him funny.

So he launched himself at them armed with a poker he had taken from the fireplace.

Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 17:08:43 »

just don't ask Ralphy for directions

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 17:10:49 »

Last time the turnstyle bloke let me lift my kid over the turnstyle without paying. For this reason Walsall is ace.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:32:59 »

It was quite surreal. After I was let out - obviously after the coaches had left - I asked the desk jockey if there were any other Swindon fans arrested who may be able to give me a lift back.

One fella very kindly offered me a ride and we met up with 3 of his mates outside the station and headed straight for the nearest pub.

We'd only been in there 5 minutes when my recently released new best mate was convinced a couple of fellas at the bar were looking at him funny.

So he launched himself at them armed with a poker he had taken from the fireplace.

Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire

Been in custody three times for disorderly behaviour, not for some years thankfully. The most annoying one was for being man handled out of Winchester railway station for being pissed and merely pushing the railway attendent. The lightest brush. Then there was the instance I got arrested in university halls with my Irish mate at the time, we'd let off one of those powder fire extinguishers, and I got given a caution and he was released with no consequence. Reckon, rankling suspicion, that he landed me completely in it and exonerated himself. Most embarrassing was on the night of my birthday, got caught defecating in someone's garden and the upshot was I got a magistrates appearance and an insert in the local paper  Embarrassed Football wise, been ejected from Saints and Bournemouth for smuggling booze in.

The folly of youth, but heh-ho, such is life! Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:36:33 »

Been in custody three times for disorderly behaviour, not for some years thankfully. The most annoying one was for being man handled out of Winchester railway station for being pissed and merely pushing the railway attendent. The lightest brush. Then there was the instance I got arrested in university halls with my Irish mate at the time, we'd let off one of those powder fire extinguishers, and I got given a caution and he was released with no consequence. Reckon, rankling suspicion, that he landed me completely in it and exonerated himself. Most embarrassing was on the night of my birthday, got caught defecating in someone's garden and the upshot was I got a magistrates appearance and an insert in the local paper  Embarrassed Football wise, been ejected from Saints and Bournemouth for smuggling booze in.

The folly of youth, but heh-ho, such is life! Cheesy
[url width=680 height=511]http://i.imgur.com/9kjvp.jpg[/url]
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:43:26 »

just don't ask Ralphy for directions

What a day that was Cool
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:45:29 »

You can't go wrong with the Saddlers Club at the ground, cheap-ish beer and the locals are alright..
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:47:12 »

There's always The Bridge pub in New Street Concourse, hardly a place with character but neither is anywhere in Walsall

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/44/442/Bridge/Birmingham_New_Street_station
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 20:37:40 »

You can't go wrong with the Saddlers Club at the ground, cheap-ish beer and the locals are alright..
This looks ago for a Drink prior to the game
Were is the nearest pub?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 22:11:52 »

King George V Pub, 10 mins walk from the ground

#VivaKenBarlow!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 22:14:00 »

The last time I went to Walsall was when it snowed. Got all the way there to find the game called off. Bastards.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: