Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629411 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6285 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 09:46:34 »

I see quite a lot of stuff on SM saying Jose Mourinho's behaviour has a lot to do with this kind of reaction. I didn't watch the game and haven't seen any of what he has done, but seemingly he has spoken out in public against the performance of Anthony Taylor in an extremely aggressive manner. It reminds me of when Anders Frisk had the 'temerity' to send off Chelsea's Didier Drogba which resulted in Mourinho inviting the Barcelona manager into the referee's room at half time. The fall out of this was that Frisk retired due to death threats against his family.

There is so much shite bubbling about in society these days which i absolutely abhor. Since Covid in my eyes the world has changed. Of course there are multiple other factors, cost of living, a war in Eastern Europe, geo-political issues, protests etc etc. There is so much anger, negativity, hatred and impatience in all walks of life. This also of course spills into the football 'arena'. I'm closer than ever to giving up on the game, every time I see a report of players receiving racist abuse it just makes me want to walk away completely. Sorry I went off topic there a bit Qunk, but the behaviour against Anthony Taylor, walking through an airport with his family (I think it was his wife with him in obvious distress) was disgusting and if I was a Roma fan I would be embarrassed. (although they won't, they'll be on social media blaming Lazio fans or the Italian Government or something rather than owning their cowardly behaviour of fellow fans)

It's a huge shame because football does so so much good in society.
Agree with every word BO, very well said.

And FWIW, I've always thought Mourinho was an unpleasant, egotistical twat and could never understand the media's infatuation with him...I suppose he's always good good for an outrageous soundbite but I could never stand the bloke...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6286 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:23:01 »

I saw a reel of the incidents that Jose was losing his shit about and Anthony Taylor looked to have got everyone spot on.  Typical manager blaming the ref at every opportunity for his team not turning up.  Garner was good at that for us, and Mark Hughes has a history of it - hence why he is plying his trade in Lge2

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6287 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:33:19 »

Security about as effective as Roma's penalties.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #6288 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 13:28:28 »

I saw a reel of the incidents that Jose was losing his shit about and Anthony Taylor looked to have got everyone spot on.  Typical manager blaming the ref at every opportunity for his team not turning up.  Garner was good at that for us, and Mark Hughes has a history of it - hence why he is plying his trade in Lge2

I thought he did absolutely fine considering that, as usual, he had no help from the players and their play acting/generally immature behaviour.

And Mourinho in shouting at him and possibly his family in the car park after the game perfectly reflects the mindsets of those who attempted to physically abuse him at the airport. Mourinho is a bully and a disgrace to his profession.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #6289 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 18:12:37 »

I thought he did absolutely fine considering that, as usual, he had no help from the players and their play acting/generally immature behaviour.

And Mourinho in shouting at him and possibly his family in the car park after the game perfectly reflects the mindsets of those who attempted to physically abuse him at the airport. Mourinho is a bully and a disgrace to his profession.

Quite. Two teams notorious for being a bunch of scheming, fouling, diving bastards play a game full of that behaviour, loads of them get booked but it's the refs fault.

Mourinho is and has pretty much always been a fecking disgrace, and should get a substantial punishment.

..never go back.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6290 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 19:47:22 »

The footage of Mourinho abusing the ref in the garage after the game is terrible.

The footage of ‘fans’ abusing the ref in the airport is despicable.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6291 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 19:55:06 »

Anthony Taylor should sue him for defamation of character

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6292 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 13:52:35 »

Yet again, Wigan have failed to pay their senior players this month. Non—playing staff and U-23s paid.

More points deducted?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6293 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 19:06:43 »

Im getting fucked off with this Wigan saga. Make an example of them. Expel them. How many times have they failed to pay their players? Utter joke.

I repeat this statement
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6294 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 19:09:17 »

I agree maybe they should start on -30 next season like Luton did years ago just to set a precedent.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6295 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 19:30:43 »

Expel them.

Fuck em.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6296 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 19:56:59 »

I agree maybe they should start on -30 next season like Luton did years ago just to set a precedent.

I thought we set a precedent?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6297 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 20:06:02 »

I thought we set a precedent?

Ours was the opposite we were paying players illegally😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6298 on: Sunday, June 4, 2023, 15:43:49 »

The Man United fan with 'not enough' and the number '97' on the back of his shirt mocking the Hillsborough victims.

Beyond sick.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6299 on: Sunday, June 4, 2023, 15:45:57 »

Met arrested him.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: