Pages: 1 ... 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629281 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4590 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 19:13:03 »

Dan Roan's report on Man Citeh. Making it sound like the darlings will go out of business and could have "devastating effects" for them. Fuck off. A few seasons out of Europe. Yeah I'm sure there will be a knock on, some players won't want to join them and some may want to leave.

It's purely just an issue for Man City. They won't go out of business or get relegated for that matter.

I was glad UEFA had the balls to issue a hefty ban and fine that is quite relative to the size of club. Both FIFA and the FA would do well to follow their example in cases of 'fit and proper'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4591 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 19:19:21 »

Seemingly the harsh punishment is due to them misleading UEFA rather than them drastically failing FPP.

Which is why they were more lenient with PSG as they were helpful to UEFA whereas City were just lying dickheads.

Fully deserved in my eyes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4592 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 19:47:11 »

Absolutely!

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4593 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 20:04:04 »

Dan Roan's report on Man Citeh. Making it sound like the darlings will go out of business and could have "devastating effects" for them. Fuck off. A few seasons out of Europe. Yeah I'm sure there will be a knock on, some players won't want to join them and some may want to leave.

It's purely just an issue for Man City. They won't go out of business or get relegated for that matter.

I was glad UEFA had the balls to issue a hefty ban and fine that is quite relative to the size of club. Both FIFA and the FA would do well to follow their example in cases of 'fit and proper'
The BBC's reporting of the whole issue has been dreadful. It seems a good chunk of their football correspondents simply don't understand what City are being punished for, the precedents (and where they are precedents or aren't) or the likely ways forward (CAS, Swiss Courts, ECHR etc). They just mouth platitudes and hope that'll do because we're football fans so we're all too stupid to understand it all anyway.

Seemingly the harsh punishment is due to them misleading UEFA rather than them drastically failing FPP.

Which is why they were more lenient with PSG as they were helpful to UEFA whereas City were just lying dickheads.

Fully deserved in my eyes.
Kieran Maguire explained this quite well the other day: it's like the Labour MP who was jailed for perjury. She was originally charged with speeding, which is against the law but a relatively minor offence (in the grand scheme of things) and hence carries minor punishments, fines, points etc. But her attempts to evade the original punishment led her to a situation where she actively lied to avoid justice and in any judicial system that is always punished more heavily than the original crime (except possibly for things like murder etc) because it undermines the whole fabric of the justice system. Same with City - it's their attempts to lie and deceive UEFA as to their overspend, rather than the overspend itself, which is the reason for the harsh punishment. They should probably be demoted two divisions.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4594 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 20:26:39 »

The BBC's reporting of the whole issue has been dreadful. It seems a good chunk of their football correspondents simply don't understand what City are being punished for, the precedents (and where they are precedents or aren't) or the likely ways forward (CAS, Swiss Courts, ECHR etc). They just mouth platitudes and hope that'll do because we're football fans so we're all too stupid to understand it all anyway.

Well put.

It would be nice if they actually focused on the state of the crumbling football pyramid accurately and offered some balance by focusing on a club like ours, who in football terms, are balancing the books pretty well and have two off field projects that are progressing fairly well at the talking stages. You know, an almost 'How to build a football club from the bottom up' approach.

'Incessant Nonsense'

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4595 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:44:03 »

Salford City at Wembley and the wank fest that will ensue. How many fans do we reckon, 2k?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4596 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 03:34:11 »

Fucking cunts! I’ve booked to come over and get a couple of games in, one of which was the Salford game.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4597 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 06:37:07 »

Salford City at Wembley and the wank fest that will ensue. How many fans do we reckon, 2k?
Probably get a few of the London-based Man U plastics supporting them for the day.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4598 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 07:00:13 »

Full house then
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4599 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:19:43 »

Dan Roan's report on Man Citeh.

Based on his coverage of cycling over the years, a topic he knows sweet FA about but always likes to report (badly) a scandal, if Dan Roan is involved then they are knackered, he only gets involved in juicy stories that have been developing for years and then puts his byline on the end of the denouncement story to get the plaudits, must be a nightmare to work for as your sports editor.

Making it sound like the darlings will go out of business and could have "devastating effects" for them. Fuck off. A few seasons out of Europe. Yeah I'm sure there will be a knock on, some players won't want to join them and some may want to leave.

Interestingly I read something that suggested the opposite, if they are out of Europe for 2 seasons, those 'European weeks' where all the other big teams in Europe will have games will be free for City, opening the opportunity for them to play exhibition matches all over the place expanding their fan base and worldwide spread and thus their earning potential.

Also never underestimate the possibility for the regulatory authorities to make a complete horlicks of applying their own rules, its not necessarily that City will need to prove they did not do wrong, but that UEFA failed to act properly. Again using cycling as an example (a regular appearer at CAS) there are numerous cases of people getting off on a technicality due to administrative balls up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4600 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:28:32 »

Also never underestimate the possibility for the regulatory authorities to make a complete horlicks of applying their own rules, its not necessarily that City will need to prove they did not do wrong, but that UEFA failed to act properly. Again using cycling as an example (a regular appearer at CAS) there are numerous cases of people getting off on a technicality due to administrative balls up.
On that basis alone, City are home and dry. Personally I think City will play in Europe next season, if only because they won't be able to get all the way through the appeals process in time. Then they'll look to tie UEFA up in legal knots for the next decade or so, getting a suspension of the punishment pending completion of the legal process each season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4601 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:38:32 »

On that basis alone, City are home and dry. Personally I think City will play in Europe next season, if only because they won't be able to get all the way through the appeals process in time. Then they'll look to tie UEFA up in legal knots for the next decade or so, getting a suspension of the punishment pending completion of the legal process each season.

We'll see, they managed to turn Lizzie Deignan's case round sharpish when she wanted to compete at the 2016 Olympics?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4602 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:43:24 »

We'll see, they managed to turn Lizzie Deignan's case round sharpish when she wanted to compete at the 2016 Olympics?
Oh I agree it can be done in plenty of time. But I think it's probably in City's interests to drag it out and then entangle UEFA in the weeds.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4603 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:54:47 »

I think this is a dead cert, UEFA saying what the punishment would be before they’d done the investigation 2 years ago isn’t going to make them look too clever. Also seems that a lot of the evidence is based on hacked emails so once you get into the legal realms the questions of whether these are admissible as evidence comes into the equation. Add in the former CE of Man United being involved in the investigation and you’ve got plenty of strings for lawyers to pull at.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4604 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 16:41:19 »

Southend are in the mire. Seemingly they have had a transfer embargo enforced which won't be lifted until £600k is paid.

They could be in serious shit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: