Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1648807 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4530 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:04:04 »

Not sure Black was rich enough to fund a Championship promotion push tbh. The clubs up there spend a ridiculous amount
Possibly not - I suppose I was meaning IF the investment had continued at the rate at which it was going. If we had gone up to the Championship maybe that bloke who lives up near Henly whose name totally escapes me, might have bunged in a few quid...all hypothetical now of course...
Flashheart

« Reply #4531 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:06:33 »

I said at the time that we would not be able to sustain it in the Championship. Black wasn't so rich that he could comfortably spaff tens of millions up the wall every season. He may have been able to do enough to keep us there, though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4532 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:15:32 »

Another historic paedo case, this time involving the former Watford physio, some unpleasant hints around the edges of the club and Graham Taylor turning a blind eye:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1547288/2020/01/22/phil-edwards-watford-sexual-abuse/

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/18179412.ex-watford-fc-physio-phil-edwards-alleged-victims-come-forward/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4533 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:11:33 »

Klopp won’t even bother turning up to their replay with Shrewsbury, he’s fitting right in at Liverpool. Always the victims...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51256760
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4534 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:19:03 »

Oh, so they're having a winter break of sorts - first I've heard of it. Shows how out of touch I am with the PL theses days  Huh?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4535 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:25:29 »

Klopp won’t even bother turning up to their replay with Shrewsbury, he’s fitting right in at Liverpool. Always the victims...

Very disappointing and disrespectful to Shrewsbury and the FA cup itself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4536 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:25:47 »

Oh, so they're having a winter break of sorts - first I've heard of it. Shows how out of touch I am with the PL theses days  Huh?
If it was a pointless exhibition in the Far East you know he’d be there...
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #4537 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:26:44 »

You're not alone. I thought Klopp was being sarcastic when I read it this morning.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4538 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 09:29:36 »

If he'd have played the first team yesterday instead of the kids then they almost certainly wouldn't have required a replay anyway. I also hadn't realised there was a 2 week break so surely even less excuse not to play his first team when they have a break coming up (yes I realise there is a risk of injuries etc but they have a big enough squad anyhow)

Premier league sides have nothing to moan about, the pampered overpaid luvvies.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4539 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:52:55 »

If he'd have played the first team yesterday instead of the kids then they almost certainly wouldn't have required a replay anyway. I also hadn't realised there was a 2 week break so surely even less excuse not to play his first team when they have a break coming up (yes I realise there is a risk of injuries etc but they have a big enough squad anyhow)

Premier league sides have nothing to moan about, the pampered overpaid luvvies.
Appalling arrogance by Klopp/Liverpool. Hope Shrewsbury stuff them at Anfield and the FA sanction them for disrespecting the competition.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4540 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:57:36 »

Liverpool can pick whatever team they want, and have whoever they want on the sidelines (within competition laws).

It's such a non-story. There's so much wrong with football. A PL club using their kids in a FA Cup tie that they'll still win is not that big of a deal. No one gave it a second glance when they did this for EFL Cup against Villa.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4541 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:02:38 »

Liverpool can pick whatever team they want, and have whoever they want on the sidelines (within competition laws).

It's such a non-story. There's so much wrong with football. A PL club using their kids in a FA Cup tie that they'll still win is not that big of a deal. No one gave it a second glance when they did this for EFL Cup against Villa.
If we did this in the EFL Trophy we’d have the book thrown at us, imagine what the EFL would do if Wellens just said I’m not going to bother to turn up to a match...

They moan about this yet want B teams or u23 teams just arrogance in the extreme!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4542 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:05:42 »

That was out of necessity though as it clashed with the Club Word Cup. Given Klopp's already sulked about having replays at all, this is just petulance.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4543 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:08:16 »

Its not going to be too long before the league cup gets scrapped as well as FA Cup replays. The League Cup in France has just been axed and I think other countries have followed suit.

I do of course understand why they are doing this - the amount of football being played nowadays is greater than ever. But FA Cup replays are the lifeblood of the smaller teams. Shrewsbury are going to make a million quid from their replay at Anfield, that money is crucial for them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4544 on: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:09:16 »

If we did this in the EFL Trophy we’d have the book thrown at us, imagine what the EFL would do if Wellens just said I’m not going to bother to turn up to a match...

If it's within the rules, they have the right to pick whoever they want, and have whoever they want in the dugout. It's that simple. It's a messy road to go down when you want to start dictating who should and shouldn't play, as the mega fuckup of the EFL Trophy has shown.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: