Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1646403 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 08:00:56 »

This dickhead is part of the problem. Didn't hear it? Didn't know his player(captain?) was out talking to their fans at half time. What a shit weasel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50050684

HIghlight from the story was

'Balakov said he would be "truly sorry if it did turn out to be true" but said there had been no such problems before.'

Then couple of paras later

'The Vasil Levski Stadium was subject to a partial closure for this match after Bulgaria were sanctioned for racist behaviour during qualifiers against Kosovo and the Czech Republic.

"This has not happened to us before," said Balakov, whose translator added that the disciplinary measures imposed on Bulgaria by Uefa were not because of racist chanting but "because of a banner of an organisation that is not forbidden by Bulgarian law".'

The guy makes comical Ali credible....
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 09:15:28 »

The Bulgarian prime minister has called for the head of the country's football association to resign after England players were racially abused in a European qualifier in Sofia on Monday.

The match was halted twice because of racist behaviour by home fans.

Prime minister Boyko Borissov has asked his sports minister to suspend all relations with the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU), "including financial ones", until Borislav Mihaylov resigns.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 12:40:49 »

The Bulgarian prime minister has called for the head of the country's football association to resign after England players were racially abused in a European qualifier in Sofia on Monday.

The match was halted twice because of racist behaviour by home fans.

Prime minister Boyko Borissov has asked his sports minister to suspend all relations with the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU), "including financial ones", until Borislav Mihaylov resigns.

Scapegoat..

I doubt the Bulgarian FA are in charge of Bulgarian plod, who did nothing....

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4323 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 12:43:03 »

Its difficult isn't it. How do you "ban racism" other than by closing the doors?

We haven't totally got rid of it ourselves. Bulgaria are back where we were in the 80s. It takes a change in society.

Flashheart

« Reply #4324 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 12:48:17 »

Scapegoat..

Not really.

While the chants and Nazi salutes etc may not be his fault, he did himself no favours by denying there is a problem. If he'd condemned it instead then he would probably not have people calling for him to be sacked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4325 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 13:14:35 »

He's resigned
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 13:53:14 »

Its difficult isn't it. How do you "ban racism" other than by closing the doors?

We haven't totally got rid of it ourselves. Bulgaria are back where we were in the 80s. It takes a change in society.

We seem to also be creeping backwards on the issue what with Banana's being thrown, the issues at Millwall and the ridiculous fine and the shite that Sterling gets, somewhat ironically via the same media outlets that were very vociferous in condoning Bulgaria this morning.

Oh and our PM.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 13:55:35 »

We seem to also be creeping backwards on the issue what with Banana's being thrown, the issues at Millwall and the ridiculous fine and the shite that Sterling gets, somewhat ironically via the same media outlets that were very vociferous in condoning Bulgaria this morning.

Oh and our PM.....

Exactly.... the stench of hypocrisy is strong.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:26:48 »

Racists and what really is it..
Serious question.. Living outside the UK for many years you realise people's views and behaviour patterns are simply not the same and neither should they be.
When comments fly by... Just another f#ucking POME arriving...Is this a Racist comment?
I am of the belief that we as humans are simply different and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Don't use the Racist card as a crutch.
Just my opinion and go Boris with Brexit😎
What ever happens good luck my friends
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:32:32 »

Racists and what really is it..
Serious question.. Living outside the UK for many years you realise people's views and behaviour patterns are simply not the same and neither should they be.
When comments fly by... Just another f#ucking POME arriving...Is this a Racist comment?
I am of the belief that we as humans are simply different and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Don't use the Racist card as a crutch.
Just my opinion and go Boris with Brexit😎
What ever happens good luck my friends

Apposite.....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/04/new-zealand-braces-for-protests-ahead-of-anniversary-of-captain-cooks-landing
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:41:23 »

I rest my case..
The natives in question had the right idea when they first arrived.....simply eat the previous lot.
 Roll Eyes
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:44:03 »

I think making derogatory comments against people because of the colour of their skin, when people have been persecuted throughout history (and brutally so) because of the colour of their skin, is a bit different to being called a Pom

Jesus fucking Christ

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:48:39 »

Fans don't self police, I throw myself into that category.  I have been in the TE when racist chants have started and not done much more than shout shut the fuck up.  Closing the doors may make the rest of push for a bit more peer pressure.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:54:10 »

We have all been used my friend
Some more than others...suggest it is still happening today
But...yes a big but. what are you doing about it
And one further point... The natives don't just call names they simply fucking hate you
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 15:00:00 »

Although not a good example...look at South Africa and especially Zim...
Be careful what you wish for..cos you might just get it
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: