Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629390 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4215 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 02:43:47 »

Champions league finals aside he’s never really lived up to the price tag though has he. Last season he was getting booed off (and on) was the pitch by the Madrid fans when he did get on the pitch. He’s been outed by team mates calling him ‘the golfer’ and saying he doesn’t have meals with team mates as they are too late for him.
Fans are fickle, if they don’t feel a player is fitting in then they get on that players back and his on pitch performances haven’t been enough to gloss over what they feel is a lack of effort to embrace the culture.

Champions League finals aside....pfft.

You’d think most clubs would be fairly satisfied with 4 Champions Leagues in 6 years...
He’s won La Liga too.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4216 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:10:27 »

Champions league finals aside he’s never really lived up to the price tag though has he. Last season he was getting booed off (and on) was the pitch by the Madrid fans when he did get on the pitch. He’s been outed by team mates calling him ‘the golfer’ and saying he doesn’t have meals with team mates as they are too late for him.
Fans are fickle, if they don’t feel a player is fitting in then they get on that players back and his on pitch performances haven’t been enough to gloss over what they feel is a lack of effort to embrace the culture.
He has won more than Zidane ever won at Madrid and scored more than he ever scored. Won more trophies,he has done more for Madrid than Zidane ever did. No shock these stories have all come from Madrid and no one had a bad word to say about him previously until they want to get rid
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4217 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:31:40 »

5 mins left in the Spanish Cup Final against Barcelona......

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4218 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:34:04 »

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's been quite well documented that Real Madrid's relationship with Bale hasn't been great considering his significant contribution and this is mostly a Zidane issue.

Real fans never warmed to him but early on it seemed like it was more to do with the fact that he wasn't Ronaldo or Benzema than his failure to pick up the language etc.

This should have been filed under 'manager doesn't rate him' but they're going down the 'make him an enemy of the people's road now which is probably an act of desperation.

Zidane didn't rate him whe  he was Real assistant, or during the first tenure and he doesn't rate him now. At least its consistent........

Bale is on big wages and if he wants to dig his heels in then thats his prerogative.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4219 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 09:13:46 »

Champions League finals aside....pfft.

You’d think most clubs would be fairly satisfied with 4 Champions Leagues in 6 years...
He’s won La Liga too.

You would, however this is Real Madrid, a club that take toxic to a higher level!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4220 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 09:16:58 »

You would, however this is Real Madrid, a club that take toxic to a higher level!

RM and their fans have always been an unpleasant lot.... it wasn't unknown for the fans to boo CR, a player who some would argue is the GOAT.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4221 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 09:43:01 »

Don't tell ZZ

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4222 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 10:42:16 »

That stat is completely meaningless considering they played different positions with different responsibilities

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4223 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 12:46:41 »

That stat is completely meaningless considering they played different positions with different responsibilities
And also add in the fact that Zidane managed them to 3 successive champions league wins (and other trophies) which seems to be missing there. His playing career as a whole eclipses anything Bale will ever achieve and I guess he would the definition of what they class as a ‘Galactico’.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4224 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 13:59:28 »

I never realised Oldham had gone this route

‘Players signed from abroad in the last 2 years:

GK Johny Placide
GK Zeus De La Paz
DF Wilfried Moimbe
DF Sohny Sefil
MF Abdelhakim Omrani
MF Queensy Menig
MF Mohamed Maouche
MF Johan Branger-Engone
MF Gevaro Nepomuceno
MF Christopher Missilou
MF Gyamfi Kyeremeh
MF Mohamad Sylla
ST Urko Vera
ST Jonathan Benteke (albeit had appeared in England before)
ST Marvin Kokos

As you can see it has been wildly successful...’
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4225 on: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 12:21:05 »

Blatantly moving for the money - £1million a week. Ludicrous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49134836

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4226 on: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 12:29:03 »

Only a matter of time before they buy their way into the Champions league or instigate some world super league with the money they throw at it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4227 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 14:28:35 »

Not any more he isn't
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49144872
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4228 on: Sunday, August 4, 2019, 18:15:10 »

Bristol Shitheads spending £7.3m on an 18 year old from Monaco with just 3 first team games under his belt. WTF are football transfer fees coming to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4229 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 15:39:08 »

The boycott trophy finally finds a sponsor after the season has already begun. I've never heard of them and I won't publicise them here.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: