Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629932 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4185 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 11:35:52 »

Real Madrid's treatment of Gareth Bale is nothing short of embarrassing. He's not been welcome there from the start and fair play to Bale, hes got thick skin and just got on with it.
Its one thing the fans not liking you, but when the manager has a vendetta against you its pretty much impossible.

Bale isn't helping himself in being stubborn and trying to dig his heels in to stay but the public statements from ZZ of late have been out of order.

Its Real Madrid innit, if you don't want a toxic environment don't join them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4186 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 11:37:05 »

They're not going to be popular at the Forest Green away fixture, are they?

They'll falafel for a bit, then pick up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4187 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 11:39:17 »

Real Madrid's treatment of Gareth Bale is nothing short of embarrassing. He's not been welcome there from the start and fair play to Bale, hes got thick skin and just got on with it.
Its one thing the fans not liking you, but when the manager has a vendetta against you its pretty much impossible.

Bale isn't helping himself in being stubborn and trying to dig his heels in to stay but the public statements from ZZ of late have been out of order.

Totally agree. If they want him out that badly just shut up pay him off.

Obviously ZZ looking to get him to trigger a move so that he has more in his war chest.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4188 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:03:25 »

Totally agree. If they want him out that badly just shut up pay him off.

Obviously ZZ looking to get him to trigger a move so that he has more in his war chest.

Thing is if you earn c.£600k a week there is not going to be a long list of suitors, whatever Madrid decide to do in terms of getting rid he is likely to have to take a hefty pay cut to go anywhere.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4189 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:11:49 »

Thing is if you earn c.£600k a week there is not going to be a long list of suitors, whatever Madrid decide to do in terms of getting rid he is likely to have to take a hefty pay cut to go anywhere.

..apart from China where a club is offering him £1m a week apparently.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:14:26 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
scillyred

« Reply #4190 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:37:26 »

Tax free  Pint Pint
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4191 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:39:35 »

Those Chinese clubs were well in evidence on the Hong Kong underground
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4192 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:49:07 »

I could take any amount of management shit for that  sort of money.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4193 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:57:50 »

Not really helped him self though has he? Made no effort to learn the language, doesn't integrate with his team mates and disagreed with the manager on playing style. Zidane shouldn't be airing his dirty laundry but Bale clearly thought he had the same stature as Renaldo and well he wasn't even close.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4194 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 13:36:41 »

Not really helped him self though has he? Made no effort to learn the language....

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4195 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:30:36 »

Possibly should have read 'made no effort to speak the language' as its fairly common knowledge that he doesn't speak much to the players in Spanish and rarely gives interviews in Spanish which winds the fans up.

What is not actually clear is why Zidane gave him the monster new contract in 2016 if he doesn't fancy him that much?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4196 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:11:37 »

Possibly should have read 'made no effort to speak the language' as its fairly common knowledge that he doesn't speak much to the players in Spanish and rarely gives interviews in Spanish which winds the fans up.

What is not actually clear is why Zidane gave him the monster new contract in 2016 if he doesn't fancy him that much?

I suspect your fairly common knowledge may have been something read in the Mail..... a quick scan of the RM squad reveals quite a few are non native Spanish.... the classic line up CL success.... Kroos, German... Modric, Croat...  Varane, French.. Marcelo, Brazilian.... CR, Portugeezer,   Benzema, French.   Presumably in a polyglot changing room, you pick a language to suit.

You don't last 6 years at a club of RM's scale, if you're not integrated to some extent
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4197 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:18:45 »

I mean, that's your fact Reg. But I'll wait until Cowley comes along with real life experience.  Hmmm
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4198 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:31:16 »

I suspect your fairly common knowledge may have been something read in the Mail..... a quick scan of the RM squad reveals quite a few are non native Spanish.... the classic line up CL success.... Kroos, German... Modric, Croat...  Varane, French.. Marcelo, Brazilian.... CR, Portugeezer,   Benzema, French.   Presumably in a polyglot changing room, you pick a language to suit.

You don't last 6 years at a club of RM's scale, if you're not integrated to some extent

As the Evening Mail covers Spanish football as regularly as the Advertiser I am (as always) somewhat stumped by your point.

However to take your point on board, the language to suit was never going to be English so not sure of the point being made, I cannot comment on the durability of lasting in the Madrid as I have never been a player there, I will have to bow to your superior knowledge of that matter, embarrassed to say I just don't have the depth of facts you have on this topic?  
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:33:26 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4199 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:40:46 »

I mean, that's your fact Reg. But I'll wait until Cowley comes along with real life experience.  Hmmm

Christ has he been in the RM dressing room as well, didn't know we had so many ex La Liga pro's on here?
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: