Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630019 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4155 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:44:04 »

From reading what many say on here, hasn't the County Ground been like that for a few years now?
Not that far from the truth!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4156 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:44:52 »

Not that far from the truth!

Perhaps we are like Coventry City turning Highfield Road all seater in the 70's? trail blazers!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4157 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:11:06 »

I know it was posted about the Bolton players going on strike for thie weekens friendly at Chester but its for this reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/17/bolton-players-stress-not-paid

The players not paid for 20 weeks! thats ridiculous!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4158 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:30:54 »

I know it was posted about the Bolton players going on strike for thie weekens friendly at Chester but its for this reason.

If that's all true the administrators need their arses kicking, aren't they supposed to operate and maintain the business as a going concern until it can be sold? However I am not convinced it can be true, no idea where this money to pay the players would be coming from as they were skint before the season end and have no gate receipts coming in?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4159 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:34:40 »

If that's all true the administrators need their arses kicking, aren't they supposed to operate and maintain the business as a going concern until it can be sold? However I am not convinced it can be true, no idea where this money to pay the players would be coming from as they were skint before the season end and have no gate receipts coming in?
I doubt very much they will have any income from season ticket sales as that would be fans gambling on just throwing away their money, I also doubt they have sold much in the way of merchandise either. They have got rid of about 20 players too and all for free so no income from that!

Its not looking good, I can't see Bury being much different to them either.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4160 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:56:30 »

Going bust just to get in L1 - wtf!

I realise it’s not really as simple as that with owners pocketing every penny going it seems. The Bury owner actually paid a handful of players just to stop them becoming free agents, and then pocketing any fees for them.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4161 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 11:43:42 »

Going bust just to get in L1 - wtf!

I realise it’s not really as simple as that with owners pocketing every penny going it seems. The Bury owner actually paid a handful of players just to stop them becoming free agents, and then pocketing any fees for them.

Bury is a weird case, whilst the present chair is (rightly) getting most of the stick he seems to be a Jed figure who took them on at a low ebb and has just delayed the inevitable.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4162 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:24:04 »

Some talk as to whether it's a PP prank as initially seems to be in breach of kit sponsor guidelines that state it must be less than 250sqcm.
If it is a joke, the FA don't seem to have got it. Udders claiming the kit will be on sale to fans on Saturday so if it's genuine and it gets pulled, that's going to cost them a few quid!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49026053
Panda Paws

« Reply #4163 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:36:07 »

Bury is a weird case, whilst the present chair is (rightly) getting most of the stick he seems to be a Jed figure who took them on at a low ebb and has just delayed the inevitable.

The new guy is an asset stripper, as opposed to a no-hoper charlatan. A little more calculated than Jed I'd suggest.

Hence why he paid some players knowing it meant they couldn't leave for free, but not the majority of the staff.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4164 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 13:49:55 »

If it is a joke, the FA don't seem to have got it. Udders claiming the kit will be on sale to fans on Saturday so if it's genuine and it gets pulled, that's going to cost them a few quid!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49026053

Could be an interesting dispute, what is the advert? One could easily argue that the white sash is just part of the shirt design and then as its not a logo of sorts it comes down to whether the black writing is more or less than 250cm2?

As I stated before I quite like it and whilst there is a precedent concern it would be nice to see the FA made to look like pricks again! 
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #4165 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 15:26:16 »

See Salford just raised £2.1M in new share issues.
The fairytale continues
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4166 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 15:27:57 »

So what happens when other clubs go financially to the wire? Are the PFA going to lend them all money to cover players’ wages?

Slippery slope.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4167 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 15:29:25 »

See Salford just raised £2.1M in new share issues.
The fairytale continues
I like Salford. Would love that to happen to us
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4168 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 15:33:40 »

So what happens when other clubs go financially to the wire? Are the PFA going to lend them all money to cover players’ wages?
They do this quite regularly. In the Diamandis era, there were periods when our players got paid by PFA loans more often than by the club
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4169 on: Thursday, July 18, 2019, 18:48:30 »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/11765944/neymar-barcelona-offer-psg-90m-plus-two-players-for-brazil-forward

Vastly over-rated footballer

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: