Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630342 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 19:38:15 »

Remarkably stupid as well. As if he's going to get away with it. I'm in no way encouraging it but if you are going to be a cunt, at least be a smart cunt.

Although, we should be grateful that bellends like this seem willing to expose themselves so publicly.
Dunno, personally I'm not all that keen on publicly exposed bellends but each to their own I suppose
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 19:40:19 »

And further incidents at Derby and Northampton as well:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47840890
Flashheart

« Reply #3887 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 19:45:46 »

Dunno, personally I'm not all that keen on publicly exposed bellends but each to their own I suppose

Lolz.

Don't lie Paul
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 19:57:18 »

And further incidents at Derby and Northampton as well:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47840890

The racism problem is definitely getting worse! Sad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 20:09:29 »

I dunno, I think out never went away totally, it seems to be these vile people think it's ok to resurface at the moment.

we are moving in the right direction, it's going to take time.

it wasn't long ago certain sections did monkey chants and threw bananas on the pitch.

Society won't tolerate that now. there's no magic button to rid us of racists, but stronger laws and social morality will eventually get us there
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:14:08 »

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/padiham-fc-fined-for-walking-off-the-pitch-in-stand-against-alleged-racist-abuse-1-9698951
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:27:20 »

it wasn't long ago certain sections did monkey chants and threw bananas on the pitch

You’re right, it was only a couple of months ago

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/02/tottenham-fan-arrested-banana-skin-thrown-pierre-emerick-aubameyang/amp/

Racists are more emboldened across scociety more generally, but I also think football got complacent

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:56:34 »

Racists are more emboldened across scociety more generally, but I also think football got complacent

It seems to be cyclical to a  strange degree, I recall it got very bad in the mid 90's when I was a student and seems to have re-emerged again now?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3893 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:05:08 »

There’s a storm a brewin’ I tells ya

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1111950620318150657
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3894 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:07:02 »

When I started going to football it was almost the "norm" to be racist, or so it seemed on the terraces. Back in the 70s it was a very different society though which that seemed to be a pretty standard state of affairs in life as well as football, with even politicians and police being racist in public almost daily.

It eased off a bit in the late 90s but it was always there, especially so at the bigger London team such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham but mostly at Millwall. Some things never go away they just change in their delivery.

There used to be a handful of Town fans that constantly abused opposition black players, every game without fail, making monkey noises or shouting "chop the chimp" which I remember hearing vividly at most home games in the late 70s despite the exact same Town fans singing Chris Kamaras name in the same game or singing out the name Rambo at Chris Ramsey or even Gary Williams who was a pacey fullback and Bobby Barnes too who was adored by Town fans.

I personally havent heard anything much at any Town game for years but as I have been to less than 30 games home and away in 10 years that could explain it. When you are at matches you hear the individual shouts of abuse at players/manager/owner/racist chants far more than you can actually hear on the radio etc.

This has always been a problem accross europe more than in the UK with the racist chants never going away, ever, and always being a part of society.

I have friends (and friends of friends) who are Romanian, Bulgarian, Polish etc and they are outwardly and overtly racist in their day to day life, using the worst offensive terms as the norm in conversation. For them - people whos skin colour is darker than theirs seem to be treated as the lowest form of human in their society.

Its a problem that is far wider spread than just football but rarely do so many people come together in one place at one time other than at football matches. In our society you could probably say that maybe 2% could be classed as racists, maybe another 1% of those would be vocally racist.

That means a match with 60,000 fans then possibly 800 of that number could harbour racist views but if 1% of that is vocal then thats still up to 80 fans being vocal about it. I would say that Millwall that figure would be much higher with probably 10% or more holding overtly racist views but of course with a much smaller fan base.

Basically there will always be some racist fans in such a massive number of attendees at games its down to the authorities to stamp out what they can when they catch them, the only way is by it becoming totally unacceptable in society. Also it will be down to fans of each club to "grass" on their own fans until it becomes totally eradicated (if ever) inside the ground and in general.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 11:17:18 »

Bury’s winding up order is heard tomorrow. By all accounts it is being uncontested by the club!

The result of that scenario is that they will fold.

Jesus!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 11:33:58 »

Bet they survive, lost count of how many times that clubs have been on the brink in last 20 odd years.

Hope they survive although I suppose one will go someday which would be a shame
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 13:33:16 »

Bet they survive, lost count of how many times that clubs have been on the brink in last 20 odd years.

Sad to say, but it could do with a club going bang to just hopefully rein things in a bit!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 16:14:35 »

If they go (hope not) is their record expunged?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 16:30:36 »

By my count about 9  league clubs have gone pop or just about pop in the last say 30 or so years.  Most of them have come back as phoenix clubs at a lower level, or just  about hung on as an original but much further down the pyramid.  I'm not counting Bristol City, as just about outside the time frame.

There may be others, but Scarborough, Maidstone, Aldershot, Darlo, Halifax, Chester, Rushden and Diamonds, Hereford and Boston.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: