Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629063 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3690 on: Monday, November 5, 2018, 12:52:17 »

Apparently it's for his charity.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3691 on: Monday, November 5, 2018, 12:52:35 »

oooh, its linked to his charity "'The Wayne Rooney Foundation international"

Just make it a charity friendly then rather than a full cap international, assuming FIFA rules allow it on international weekend.

Then again do I really care, or am I just bored this lunch hour?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3692 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:54:03 »

I see that as part of a 'Truth Commission' to look at suspected corruption and infiltration by organised crime at Newham Council, they are also going to investigate the relationship between the Council and West Ham, apparently Karren Brady has been desperately trying to meet with the mayor setting this up before the terms of reference are set, but the mayor is refusing to meet her at the moment.....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3693 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:22:58 »

The European Super League (obviously). Such a shitty idea it allows even FIFA to take the moral high ground:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/07/fifa-ban-super-league-players-from-world-cup-euros
Barry Scott

« Reply #3694 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:33:47 »

The European Super League (obviously). Such a shitty idea it allows even FIFA to take the moral high ground:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/07/fifa-ban-super-league-players-from-world-cup-euros

Not too sure why the clubs and players would really give a shit.

And I’d have thought FIFA is only concerned because it’d effect their board’s ability to live the high life.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3695 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:38:30 »

Not too sure why the clubs and players would really give a shit.
Clubs won't, players will if playing in the new super league would effectively make them unable to play for their countries. That's still a significant honour for many and for the very top players winning a World Cup is a huge aspiration. Of course, you may be right that if enough money is waved at them they won't care and then it's a question of what happens if FIFA's bluff is called - will they be willing to devalue their own competition by not having the very best players competing in it?

And I’d have thought FIFA is only concerned because it’d effect their finances.
Well obviously. But it's still nice to see that occasionally they can be on the right side, if only out of naked self-interest in keeping the gravy train running
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3696 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 15:31:53 »

Clubs won't, players will if playing in the new super league would effectively make them unable to play for their countries. That's still a significant honour for many and for the very top players winning a World Cup is a huge aspiration. Of course, you may be right that if enough money is waved at them they won't care and then it's a question of what happens if FIFA's bluff is called - will they be willing to devalue their own competition by not having the very best players competing in it?
Well obviously. But it's still nice to see that occasionally they can be on the right side, if only out of naked self-interest in keeping the gravy train running

Infantino is just trying to deflect attention from being further implicated in the Man City/PSG FFP avoidance scandal.
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #3697 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:21:18 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3698 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:51:24 »

Considering the riches he has helped bring in to the top flight, I don’t see an issue....it’s a non story really.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3699 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 18:24:25 »

And a fucking whacking great pension too no doubt
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3700 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 19:22:46 »

Is it all going to kick off between the EFL and the entitled championship clubs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46267320?__twitter_impression=true
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3701 on: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 17:30:46 »

Crewe still covering up for paedos to avoid facing up to how much responsibility they face as a club for enabling them

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/25/dario-gradi-barry-bennell-crewe-alexandra-football-abuse-scandal

As Crewe have shut down their own whitewash/investigation, the FA and the Fooball League should hold an independent inquiry into Crewe specifically and ban all the enablers.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3702 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 10:31:06 »

An interesting article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6476829/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Raheem-Sterling-Middle-aged-adults-screaming-brutal-abuse-stopped.html

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3703 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 10:40:52 »

Ignoring the hypocrisy of the Mail publishing an anti hate and anti racism article, I guess I'm going to be in a minority here.

You take away the 'edge' side of atmosphere at football, you make it a sterile sport that I'd find pointless to watch.

the is a line, granted it's hard to define where that line is, but it's hopefully a long way away from polite clapping and songs of kum-ba-yah.

(I'm ignoring the racism part of the story, colour of skin should be irrelevant)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3704 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 11:08:14 »

Ignoring the hypocrisy of the Mail publishing an anti hate and anti racism article, I guess I'm going to be in a minority here.

You take away the 'edge' side of atmosphere at football, you make it a sterile sport that I'd find pointless to watch.

the is a line, granted it's hard to define where that line is, but it's hopefully a long way away from polite clapping and songs of kum-ba-yah.

(I'm ignoring the racism part of the story, colour of skin should be irrelevant)

I think you'e right to point it out.  Of course it probably has nothing to do with Sterling calling out newspapers (mentioning no names) for fostering racism.  Perhaps a point that Rich P could raise with Moreshead.

The atmosphere at Boca v River in the Bernabeu last night was amazing....
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: